[Railworks Austria] RWA Railjet Advanced Update V2

Abonniere unseren Kanal auf WhatsApp (klicke hier zum abonnieren).
  • It doesn't react at all to any signals from Rivet. I haven't tested whether it reacts to a stop signal. The only thing that ZUB did was overspeed protection (at 15 over speed limit it warns you, at 20 over limit it applied the brakes)

With the ones from Schuster, it does receive signal information. But it doesn't work properly.

For example, I passed a signal with 60 now and 40 at the next signal. It showed 90 at the display and the red light on the ZUB display was lit. Which isn't supposed to happen.

Another signal was full clear. I was accelerating to 90 kph (which was the allowed line speed), about 10 metres before passing it, I received a Zwangsbremsung out of nowhere while at approx. 80 kph.

I haven't seen any ZUB working properly. Not Rivet's, not RWA's and not K-Trains's

• Another signal was full clear. I was accelerating to 90 kph (which was the allowed line speed), about 10 metres before passing it, I received a Zwangsbremsung out of nowhere while at approx. 80 kph.

You’re only allowed to accelerate once your entire train is past the signal, so you probably violated the still active speed restriction. It was probably your fault then and ZUB did its job.

In general, TrainworX only *emulates* ZUB on non-Rivet routes. This is indeed buggy in some cases, especially on a complex route such as Zurich - Olten.

Rivet’s ZUB on the other hand doesn’t really simulate the full functionality, as there is no such thing as Zwangsbremsung if you don’t confirm a restricted signal or overspeed, AFAIK.

In my experience, K Trains’ ZUB works best, although not 100% bug-free in all possible cases either. (Unfortunately not working anymore since the last update - Dominik promised to look into this a long time ago.)

Rumour has it that with the release of Olten - Bern there will be a patch for the SBB signals in order to allow for ZUB to work properly between signals and loco, similar to Rivet’s signals. If the Add-on you’re driving has the respective full functions (i. e. K Trains, TrainworX to some degree and maybe the projected ones from Zinnia ), it might work properly with those in the future.

RWA’s RailJet should then work properly too.

I do not have Dreiländereck, but RWA’s ZUB seems to work on that route, by the way.