The British thread (english language / Englisch Kenntnisse erforderlich)

• Golden Age Developments

Out now - Glorious Devon 1958!!

This route runs from Exeter to Plymouth via both the GWR route over the Devon Banks and the SR route over Dartmoor. In total there is well over 100 miles of lovingly-recreated route to explore. Thanks to the GD58 team for asking us to host their amazing route.

Download: https://www.golden-age-developments.co.uk/glorious-devon...

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Holzroller in the land of Haggis and Whisky

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von holzroller ()

• From Backdated Train sim

The East London Line was a sub-surface underground railway in East London running from New Cross and New Cross Gate, interchanges with the Southern Railway, in South London, to Shoreditch in East London, within close proximity of the Great Eastern Railway from London Liverpool Street, making use of London’s oldest passenger tunnel; the Brunel Thames Tunnel running under the River Thames from Rotherhithe to Wapping.

This package contains the East London Line in the year 2006 before Shoreditch station was closed but it was still a fully-operational London Underground Line. There are 9 stations and 1 depot at New Cross on a line stretching almost 6 miles, with open-air, sub-surface and underground tunnel sections.

The route has one Free Roam scenario, one Standard scenario, and is QuickDrive compatible in both directions.

There are also a dedicated QuickDrive consist for the LU D78 stock from Virtual District Line. This is also necessary if you would like AI trains in your QuickDrive scenario.

Requirements

Scenery Only:

· DTG South London Network Add-on (Steam)

· DTG North London Line & GOBLIN Add-on (Steam)

· DTG Chatham Main Line: London to Dover & Ramsgate Add-on (Steam)

· DTG GEML London—Ipswich Add-on (Steam)

· JustTrains Metropolitan Line Add-on (JT/Steam -- PlusPak not required)

- VP Track Pack and Third Rail Pack (Vulcan Productions)

All other required scenery assets are contained within the installation.

Scenarios and QuickDrive:

· Virtual District Line Add-on (Backdated Trainsim)

https://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/east-london-line.html

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von holzroller ()

• For those who have UKTS membership, V4 Branchlines to East Grinstead and Tonbridge Wells West etc has been uploaded to UKTS.

Branchlines to EAST GRINSTEAD and TUNBRIDGE WELLS WEST including the CUCKOO LINE V4

Created by LgK Russell

After completing the Bluebell railway route I decided my next challenge was to create the Middleton Press ‘Branch lines to East Grinstead’.

.I was fortunate in discovering the 'National Library of Scotland' web site and the 'explore Georeference maps', which cover the whole of the UK These 25” maps showed all the track layout and combining that with the gradient diagram I had no problem in extending the line to Ardingly and Haywards Heath (proposed extension to the Bluebell Railway)
    I didn’t have the luxury of gradient diagrams for the line from Three Bridges to Tunbridge Wells West, but fortunately managed to acquired three volumes of J.T.Howard Turner 'The London, Brighton & south coast railway' though it wasn’t as convenient as having the actual gradient diagrams and being more time consuming I was able to extract line gradient information. Combining this with the above 25” maps meant I could made a reasonably accurate recreation of the line .
    Provision was made for double track throughout, though only single track was laid between Ashurst junction to Three Bridges and from Horstead Keynes to Culvert Junction (Originally Barcombe Junction). I decided early on to have double track where possible as I find it slightly more interesting when encountering oncoming trains in the game. With the amount or development along this route since its closure I'm sure a double track would have been require, hay ho.
    I have reinstated all the goods yards even those at Lewes, East Grinstesd,Royal Tunbridge Wells West, Oxted plus the upper level platforms at East Grinstead at the expense of the now supermarkets that occupy these sites. All the goods yards along this route are as shown on the 1914 Os 25", apart from those on the original Bluebell route (both lines and buildings)
    There has been talk about reopening some of the lines and from walking most of them it looks possible, even into Lewes via a long abandoned railway at Hamsey which could join into the existing Keymer Branch, however East Grinstead east to Brockhurst and Grange road no way. Even connecting to Three Bridges would be a problem.
    The route goes from Godstone tunnel (M25) and Oxted in the north, south to Lewes, then west to Haywards Heath, in the west from Three Bridges to Royal Tunbridge Wells West in the east, with the north south cross line west of Groombridge between Ashurst and Eridge stations (see thumbnail).

There are some track only stretches from Three Bridges west to Crawley and south to Haywards Heath.

In the lock down, what better way to entertain myself than to fill in the gaps. Middletons Press, 'Branchlines to Tunbridge Wells (west) which includes the cuckoo line' gave me what I needed. I started with links between Eridge and Barcombe Mills and from HurstGreen to Ashurst. I kept looking at the Cuckoo line but with so little visible I had to mark it out with containers before even thinking about gradients and the like.
    As the lock down continued read up on the route and when I had acquired enough information committed myself to take on the challenge. It took longer than I expected, it's not a flat route, quite a lot of 1in50 gradients with twists and turns, so I stuck with the single line. I was extremely pleased with myself, when I got to Polegate junction, the gradient were almost perfect. There ended the 600m detailed strip, as was in the 1970s ish according to the OS.
    I did extent the line west to Lewes and east to Pevensey and West Ham Stations (single only), but I've had enough for now.

The BathTemp track rules have been replaced with the Settle to Carlisle track rules.

The line is not electrified

Installation
    -------------
    Ensure you have the following
    ------------------------------
    Routes :-
    ---------

Steam -Brighton Main line

" -Settle to Carlisle (Track)

" -Kuju RailSimulator

" -Bath_Temp (Track)

" -Falmouth Branch (Signals)

JustTrains-Bristol-Exeter

" -Riviera line

My Route Assets required for this are available on UKTrainSim:-

BB V4 Procedual and StationNameBoards Assets.7z

BB V4 Vegetation Assets.7z

BB V4 Clutter assets.7z

BB V4 Building_assets.7z

BB V4 Building_Textures_1of2.7z

BB V4 Building_Textures_2of2.7z

BB V4 Station_assets.7z X

BB V4 StationTextures_1of3.7z

BB V4 StationTextures_2of3.7z

BB V4 StationTextures_3of3.7z

BB V4 Structures_assets.7z

BB V4 StructuresTextures_1of2.7z

BB V4 StructuresTextures_2of2.7z

(Sorry the asset files had to be split (they were too big) but these will be the final Assets for these directories. Any additions ones will be in new ones and better organised)

NB:-The Assets for this route will Installed into the RailWorksAssetsBluebell Railway********, directories.

INSTALL

Branchlines to EG and TWW incl cuckoo V4.7z

Extract the files as usual. Don' worry if you have the old version of Bluebell Railway as this will have a different file name. Install the 'Branchlines to EG and TWW incl cuckoo V4.rwp' file, using the package manager in the Utilities.exe program found in your steamapps/common/railworks folder.

• thanks for info, but instead of copying the whole long text should it not better to link to the product-page with a shortened explanation here what route, what payware needed,....?

Especially because the description of the route is written in "I"- perspective of the creator I'm not sure if everybody would like to see his descriptions copied somewhere else (copyright?)....

"Wenn ihr nicht auf meiner Seite steht, dann seid ihr mein Feind!" (Anakin/Vader) - "Nur ein Sith kennt nichts weiter als Extreme" (Kenobi) - Star Wars

• thanks for info, but instead of copying the whole long text should it not better to link to the product-page with a shortened explanation here what route, what payware needed,....?

Especially because the description of the route is written in "I"- perspective of the creator I'm not sure if everybody would like to see his descriptions copied somewhere else (copyright?)....

Is it really likely that a freeware route creator is going to react badly to someone showing a healthy interest in his work ?
    However, it's always interesting to see how others interpret postings, especially when their view is something I would not have even considered. :/
    By the way did you ask Ridley Scott if you could use part of his tears in the rain monologue in your posts?

• Thanks for your post Kernow

I would not assume that a freeware creator would react negativ. But on the opposite you can't rule it out either ;). But it may be a difference too if only parts are used or the whole text is copied. Personally, I don't find it very respectful to simply copy the entire text. But however, at last it was only addicted as proposal.

Concerning my current signature: It is, as you recognize, a PART of a monologue, not the whole thing. And by the way: that specific line is not from Ridley Scott or the screenwriter, its from actor Rutger Hauer itself (RIP). But thanks for notice, I´ve added "..." and from who to quote more correctly.

Oh by the way: I´m so free to ad a link to the route for those who have access...

UKTrainSim

UKTrainSim

"Wenn ihr nicht auf meiner Seite steht, dann seid ihr mein Feind!" (Anakin/Vader) - "Nur ein Sith kennt nichts weiter als Extreme" (Kenobi) - Star Wars

• I didn't see an issue then and don't now. Freeware providers are generally happy to get as much publicity for their creation as possible. I wanted to give the reader as much info as possible. The reason I didn't provide links is because you also need to download all of the assets packs as well, all 15 of them and I was in a hurry.

• I don't disagree with any of your comments - it is always interesting when people share views .

Regarding the scripted monologue, which as you know was changed by the amazing Rutger Hauer during the actual filming and consequently used in the finished film.
    A truly memorable, moving and thought provoking piece of cinema..

You seem to be a person with an eye for detail and correctness, so may I suggest you find and listen to the scene "and from who to quote more correctly"
    he doesn't say 'tears in the rain' merely 'tears in rain'..

I wish you a good weekend.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kernow () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Kernow into this post.

• South Lancashire and North Cheshire Phase 5 is now available for download - Phase 5 adds the sections between Warrington and Crewe with the line from Ditton through Runcorn joining at Weaver Junction ( this provides the possibility for through trains between Preston and Liverpool Lime Street to Crewe.....additionally the extensive network of sidings at Weston Point is included. 12 new scenarios are included with the route

The route is now available from Backdated Trainsim - https://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/an ... outes.html and will soon be available on Wotawallysbits ( link to follow ).

NB. Existing owners of the route will only need to install the new files, if you have not downloaded the route previously then please first install the previous version ( V4 ) which contains Assets and a batch file which will need to be run to enable several of the reskins to work.