Train addons that installs so they are AI in quick drives.

• Earlier vR add ons have done, that but it ended in a mess. At some point you will not have it anymore. If you really want that, you can add the route UIDs to your desired consists in the preload folders of each loco add on manually, and they will appear on these routes then (depends on the settings for each QD on the route).

• Sharing preloads isn't a good idea, because not everyone has the same content.
    If a quick drive scenario tries to load those foreign preloads the loading process will cause an error, if one ore more components of the required rolling stock is missing.

Every user has to make his own preloads for his own rolling stock.

Egal, wie weit Draußen man die Wahrheit über Bord wirft, irgendwann wird sie irgendwo an Land gespült.

• @StS i am working on it. I just wanted to make sure someone hadn’t done the work for me, since it is pretty timeconsuming. And add to that i am constantly getting errors in the blueprint editor. It is like voodoo to me. There are a couple of online resources on how to do it (one from Chris Trains and one from Mike Paddlton) but i am doing something wrong and i don’t know what.

It would be easier if developers like 3dzug did a preload folder where their trains were enabled for spawning in quick drives. That way people would get even more train enjoyment when buying something like the ts19starterpack.

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

• Are you sure, that you get errors and not warnings in the BPE?

virtual Railroads is delivering its addons with lots of preloads for several routes. This works pretty well.

Egal, wie weit Draußen man die Wahrheit über Bord wirft, irgendwann wird sie irgendwo an Land gespült.

• @'Prelli

To my understanding you will not get errors in quick drives since if you set a spawn point to something that does not have any consists then the spawn point simply wont span a train. But no errors. Try setting all your spawn points to costum 8. If what you say is correct then the quick drive should not load. But what actually happens is that there is no ai traffic because the spawn points can’t find anything that is categorised as costum 8. Perhaos StS can chime in on this?

I want to make sure it is something that everyone has. Like consists from the european loco and asset pack and assets from Aerosoft. I know it is old stuff but it will still make quick drives more varied.

I will also only use categories costum 3 to 8 since these are almost never used anyway.

AND ofcourse tell people to ONLY install the Real Drive preload folder if you have the assets described.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• If you make preloads that should spawn on the route, either categorized as "custom 8" or "freight scrap" or anything else you will for sure get an error if you don't have the rolling stock described in the preloads.

The quick drive grabs the preloads and tries to load the included rolling stock. If there isn't any (no matter how many components of the consists are missing, you get an error and the quick drive refuses to load.

Therefore it's not a good idea to share preloads.
    You can only share preloads to others if you can guarantee the availability of each and every component of the rolling stock

What you can do:
    Make preloads only for 1 (one) specific route and use ONLY the included rolling stock of this specific route. Even if you add a repaint in your preload, the qd will refuse to load at other users who don't have this repaint.

You can test it by yourself by creating a preload with a fantasy named component. The qd will not start, if it is requesting this preload.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Prelli ()

• @Kim_olesen1
    The BPE is an nightmare without the basic knowlegde what an Prelod should do.
    Easier way:
    You can generate Prelods with RWtools as well. The help-file describs the way how. Additional look into existing preloadfiles gives a lot of Information.
    You can copy existing Preload-.bins and edit the Route Idendity für your Route, may be the rolling stock which are used too.

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von StS ()

• @Prelli
    @StS

I am a little bit confused because (if understand you right) Prelli is saying that i should not touch make a preload folder that can be exported to other peoples TS installations. While STS is saying that it can be done and it is no big problem.

I most certainly will not do snything that can harm other peoples setups. So at the moment i am thinking that i should only make Real Drives with AI trafic that comes from consists delivered with the route that i make them for.

• Maybe StS and me are describing different issues.

Why don't you test it by yourself?
    Create a preload with rolling stock you do NOT have. Then create a qd which loads this preload if startet. I'm sure you'll get an error.
    And therefore you can't share your preloads.
    You can share it of course, but the users without the required rolling stock won't have any benefit out of this, only nasty errors.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Prelli ()

• @Prelli

This is why i was planning to only use assets from the european loco and asset, Koblenz-Trier and Köln Düsseldorf.

And ofcourse telling people ONLY to install the preload folder if they have those packs.

And then only categorize them as costum 3-8 since i’ve never seen any quickdrive that had spawn points that used those categories.

But again, if there is a chance that it will harm anyones systems, then i wont.

• I don't think you can harm a player's system with a preload which maybe contains descriptions of rolling stock, the user doesn't has.
    If all goes wrong, the player will only get a harmless ingame error, but neither a crash nor a corrupt installation of any kind.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Prelli () aus folgendem Grund: edit: forgotten word added

• Yes of course this has been attempted before.
    But either the rolling stock is restricted to the rolling stock delivered with the route itself or the user has hopefully been informed properly of the needed additional rolling stock.

I never meant, you could not do the same :)

My point was only to inform you of some errors a user will get, if he hasn't the required rolling stock installed.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Prelli ()

• I will be very clear on the “only install if you have these assets” issues.

I will also only use assets from European loco and asset pack, Koblenz Trier and Köln Düsseldorf. That way people will easily know if they have the required assets.

And i will only use categories costum 3-8 which is almost never used otherwise, so peoples normal quick drives wont get polluted with new traffic.

• Hi @Kim_olesen1,
    i want to make some comments on points you may have overlooked

Are there any train pack addons that automatically installs into the rutes preload folders so the trains can spawn as AI in quick drives?

Yes there are - but maybe you have some misunderstandings? There is no such thing like a "routes" preload folder. TS always scans for consists in all preload folders - that is, all folders following the "assets\provider\product\preload" pattern ('provider' and 'product' may be anything you want). Whether a train may spawn in a routes quickdrive only depends on the routes id listed in the quickdrive consist (and the consist type used in the QD scenarios spawn markers).

And add to that i am constantly getting errors in the blueprint editor.

What errrors? I cannot imagine. Did you check my Quickdrive article in the rail-sim wiki? If it's a problem for you that this is in german, you may send me a PN - but allow for some days, i'm not online every day.

It would be easier if developers like 3dzug did a preload folder where their trains were enabled for spawning in quick drives.

They do. For example the 3DZug "verkehrspack güterwagen" had many consist. But they usually simply have no route-ids configured, so initially they will spawn on no route. This is indeed well behaved! Remember: up to now, with 32bit TS, we have a memory limit. Take 3CCR (three country corner route) for example: i created an elaborated quickdrive for this route with many AI trains (if the user has appropriate rolling stock, like ELAP, Simtrains SBB1 route and some freeware stock). This works well on initial release of the route. But, as times go by, rolling stock manufacturers "activate" all their stock on the 3CCR , and, if the user has a lot of rolling stock, quickdrive crashes on start because it uses too much memory.
    Now, with 64 bit TS, this should be a problem no more - but still, trains spawning may be inappropriate, because rolling stock providers use consist types in quickdrives different than me.

I am a little bit confused because (if understand you right) Prelli is saying that i should not touch make a preload folder that can be exported to other peoples TS installations. While STS is saying that it can be done and it is no big problem.

It's not a problem. If a user doesn't have the rolling stock, TS simply doesn't use the consist file. But beware: this check takes place on the "consist" level.
    If there is a consist file using 10 locos or waggons, and the user does not have one of them, the consist will not be used (you would see warnings about that in the logger, though). But if you use consists fragments, the QD scenario may crash, as the TS's check for existing stock is only done on consist level, not on fragment level. For this reason, i don't use fragments any more (or, if i use fragments for some waggons, i add an extra instance of the waggon on consist level). Consist fragments should only be used by rolling stock providers in their own QD consists, as they know, what's available when their product is installed.