New PC. How to best move the Railworks installation?

• I’ve ordered a new pc (arriving 22. december). Since it would litterally take an enormous amount of time to install everything from new and then install the huge amount of freeware/mods, will this work: Install steam on the new pc. Point steam to the new d drive on the new pc. Then copy over my railworks folder from my latest backup.

Will this cause problems with third party addons? I am particularly thinking about RSSLO products not bought on Steam, since i’ve heard they have deep copyprotection scripts.

What are your experiences, many of you must have been in the same situation.

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• Everything with a copyprotection must be reinstalled, e.g. ChrisTrains stuff, RSSLO and so on.

Don't believe what your eyes are telling you, all they show is limitation, look with your understanding.

Wer für Meinungsfreiheit ist, muss auch andere Meinungen aushalten.

• Was für einen Copyschutz :?:
    1. Du musst der neuen Registry mitteilen, wo sich Railworks befindet. Benutze dazu die Datei
    https://support.justflight.com…-railworks-was-not-found-
    Bitte genau lesen. Diesen Registry-Eintrag benötigt man für spätere Installationen.
    2. Alle Keys aus C:/ProgrammFiles/ChrisTrains auf neuen PC übertragen
    3. Datei C:/ProgrammFiles/Windows media player/Media Renderer/Morise.txt auf neuen PC übertragen

4. Datei C:/ProgrammFiles (X86)/Windows media player/Media Renderer/Morise.txt auf neuen PC übertragen

Nur Feiglinge machen ein Backup. Ich bin ein Feigling

• reinstallation of copyprotected stuff before or after i copy over my TS backup?

After, Any repaints then do not have to be installed again, some may. you need to test after the installation is finished.

Mein System: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, MSI X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI socket AM5, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB CL30 DDR5-6000 RAM-Kit, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 OC-Grafikkarte, Samsung 2 TB 980 EVO PCIE SSD fur TSC, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIE fur Win11 und Corsair EX100U 2 TB external ssd mit usb-c Gen3.2 fur TSC backup. CORSAIR Hydro X-serie custom watercooling setup.

• Don't discuss with Hinterwaeldler, he knows everything better.

But to your Question: after moving TS.

Don't believe what your eyes are telling you, all they show is limitation, look with your understanding.

• Don't discuss with Hinterwaeldler, he knows everything better.

Points 1 and 2 are correct!

Point 3 and 4 I don't know what this has to do with TS. *ka*

Mein System: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, MSI X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI socket AM5, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB CL30 DDR5-6000 RAM-Kit, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 OC-Grafikkarte, Samsung 2 TB 980 EVO PCIE SSD fur TSC, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIE fur Win11 und Corsair EX100U 2 TB external ssd mit usb-c Gen3.2 fur TSC backup. CORSAIR Hydro X-serie custom watercooling setup.

• 1 and 2 are not correct for copyprotected things special from RSSLO.

• C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Windows Media Player\Media Renderer\Morise.txt
    C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Windows Photo Viewer\en-US\INET98TEST.dll

This files exit not on my PC.

I have RSSLO Products sale.

I think the Protection is a Registery Entree (Hardware).

Install new on the new PC after Move copy Data.