Ich habe ein Geforce GTX 650ti. Lohnt sich eine Upgrade?

• As the title says. I have a rather old gaming pc (desktop) with a nvidia gtx 650 ti Graka in it. The cpu is an i5 3,4ghz. 16gb ram.

This is a pretty underspecced system. But yet it has served me ok, it has not been terrible. But i do have quite a few freezes (not just Nachladerückeln) and stutters that are not low fps.

So i was thinking, if a Graka upgrade would be worth it. I am looking to buy used, and i am not in the market for a new pc at the moment. I only use my pc for TS.

I am aware that the cpu is limiting my fps, but as i said it is not too bad, as long as i keep faax etc at low settings.

What would be the minimum Nvidia card for me to experience a smoother TS experience?

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

• I switched some years ago from an GTX 560 and upgraded up to my now still in use GTX 960. You can get one easily on ebay for "cheap" 100€. Only difference to your system is the CPU - in my case im using an i7 but also @ 3,4ghz.

System works fine with TS, photoshop, blender and a lot of games on normal graphics.

• It depends also what kind of monitor you are using, but the GTX960 can also display 4k resolution, whould you like that ?

You can see in the manual of the mainboard, what kind of CPU-Upgrade is possible, that whould be worth it to.

• EberhardG

I am just playing regular hdmi resolution (is that what is called 1080p?)

What i am looking for is getting rid of the freezes, where ts will freeze for any amount of time, up to 20 seconds sometimes, but often just half a second, and then continue. I’ve read that this is because there only is 1gb of vram in the 650 card. So if i can get rid of those, then i am happy.

• As a mac guy i am still a bit unsure. Are all geforce cards by heart Nvidia cards, even if the manufactor is something else. Like MSI or Zotan or Asus?

I am asking because it’s important for me that nvidia shadowplay works.

• Are all geforce cards by heart Nvidia cards

Yes, All GTX and RTX cards are Nvidia chipsets.

Mein System: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, MSI X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI socket AM5, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB CL30 DDR5-6000 RAM-Kit, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 OC-Grafikkarte, Samsung 2 TB 980 EVO PCIE SSD fur TSC, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIE fur Win11 und Corsair EX100U 2 TB external ssd mit usb-c Gen3.2 fur TSC backup. CORSAIR Hydro X-serie custom watercooling setup.

• Was the upgrade worth it to you?

At this point I needed an upgrade because my 560 broke down. With the 960 and the dual cooling fans my computer is not so loud anymore. Also you can achive better graphic options in TS like the view range or quality and density of the scenery. I have to admit that I needed also a better power supply to support the higher need of the 960. All in all for me still a really good choice and if you dont want to invest so much money look out for a 960 or 1060. And as stuch17 mentioned also a 970 or 1070 is still in range and both options will truly upgrade your experience!

• If you look at something new, have a look at the RTX 3050.

It is like a GTX 1660 Super but with Raytracing Support and all new Features.

Don't believe what your eyes are telling you, all they show is limitation, look with your understanding.

Wer für Meinungsfreiheit ist, muss auch andere Meinungen aushalten.

• Gtx 1060

Is about 250 percent faster than your current 650ti, and 180€, is a good price right now.

I myself have the GTX1080, And 2 gtx 960 in reserve in case the 1080 dies on me...;)

Mein System: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, MSI X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI socket AM5, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB CL30 DDR5-6000 RAM-Kit, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 OC-Grafikkarte, Samsung 2 TB 980 EVO PCIE SSD fur TSC, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIE fur Win11 und Corsair EX100U 2 TB external ssd mit usb-c Gen3.2 fur TSC backup. CORSAIR Hydro X-serie custom watercooling setup.

• I’ve bought a second hand asus gtx 1060 Turbo 6gb.

For now that’ll have to do.

A question. Since i already have the nvidia game ready drivers etc installed, do i need to de-install all of that, or can i just switch the card and perhaps run a driver update?

• Gtx 1060 6gb is 35 percent faster than the gtx 1650.:thumbup: The drivers should normally be good, you can always update to the latest version just to be sure.