[DTG/MKS] BR 407-ICE Velaro D

• Hello,

Is there a way I can drive the DTG BR407 Velaro D faster than 160kmh with the PZB switched off?

For some reason the developers have put in something to stop the speed exceeding 160kmh without PZB

I have problems spotting the magnets and I do not always catch them in time so I run with PZB off.

Thank you

Peter

• You need to have the LZB switched on in order to go above 160km/h with AFB enabled. I'm not sure if the train is also limiting without AFB.

System: i7 13700K | Asus Strix B760-F Gaming | G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 48GB 7200C36 | Asus TUF RTX 4070 Ti | Asus ROG Strix 850G | 3x Samsung 980 PRO | LianLi O11 Dynamic EVO

• Peter749

Yes, you can drive with this train > 160km/h.

Without activated PZB, LZB and Afb: >160km/h

With PZB activated: Vmax only around 160km/h

With PZB + LZB activated: >160km/h if routes contains those trackspeeds (LZB needs PZB activated!)

The AfB regulates the speed which you have preset.

Without PZB but with AfB you can only drive 160

With PZB, LZB and AfB: >160 km/h if route contains those trackspeeds

"Wenn ihr nicht auf meiner Seite steht, dann seid ihr mein Feind!" (Anakin/Vader) - "Nur ein Sith kennt nichts weiter als Extreme" (Kenobi) - Star Wars

• Thanks fizzbin

I wondered if there was a way to drive faster than 160km/h without PZB?

I can drive above 160km/h with ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 but not with this train

Is there a patch?

I can use LZB but not PZB

Peter

The maximum speed allowed with PZB is 165kmh, so the AFB will not allow speeds above 160. You have to switch off the AFB to drive faster.

You need to have the LZB switched on in order to go above 160km/h with AFB enabled. I'm not sure if the train is also limiting without AFB.

But ONLY this train Restricts you

I can run at 300km/h with ICE3 and no PZB

Peter

• I can drive above 160km/h with ICE1, ICE2, ICE3

Yes, because they are not realistic.

But ONLY this train Restricts you

Yep, it's the only proper ICE train in this game (besides the ICE 1 and 4 by 3DZug).

System: i7 13700K | Asus Strix B760-F Gaming | G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 48GB 7200C36 | Asus TUF RTX 4070 Ti | Asus ROG Strix 850G | 3x Samsung 980 PRO | LianLi O11 Dynamic EVO

• The reason for the correct behavior of the BR 407 is that in reality it is assumed that the engine driver can only see the signals reliably and react quickly enough at speeds of up to 160 km/h. This measure is internationally valid. For safety reasons, higher speeds are only permitted with a system such as LZB or ETCS and others. That is why the function of this BR 407 has been implemented correctly and is unfortunately faulty in other vehicles.

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie gerne behalten. :D

• The reason for the correct behavior of the BR 407 is that in reality it is assumed that the engine driver can only see the signals reliably and react quickly enough at speeds of up to 160 km/h. This measure is internationally valid. For safety reasons, higher speeds are only permitted with a system such as LZB or ETCS and others. That is why the function of this BR 407 has been implemented correctly and is unfortunately faulty in other vehicles.

I do understand that but by doing so it restricts it's use for players who may have difficulty with PZB and such systems

I just wondered if there was a way to run the train above 160km/h without PZB bing on

And why do vR locos, which seem to have a high standing in Germany, let you drive over 160km/h with PZB off - quite happy with a BR103 at 200km/h

I had 28 years on the Train Crew side in the UK and got used to cancelling an alarm, AWS -DSD (Sifa), after it sounds and not before it sounds

Peter

• Of course the funny thing here is that as soon as LZB is active, you no longer need to acknowledge the PZB magnets. And I never really look at the magnets but instead at the signals and acknowledge these as required - you see the signals well in advance so usually have enough time to react.

• And I never really look at the magnets but instead at the signals and acknowledge these as required

This!

If you don’t want to limit yourself in your choice of German Routes and Rolling Stock there is honestly no way around learning at least the basics of the PZB system, which is honestly quite simple (the basics you need to know) and there is a lot of great tutorials on it.

Basically if you acknowledge any signal that isn’t green and any speed restriction announcement (yellow/orange) and then decelerate below the correct speed then you should not have any trouble with Zwangsbremsungen (Automatic Train Stop).

This game has the word Simulator in the name after all and some developers take that more seriously than others.

Besides in my opinion after driving a certain route for 2-3 times it can get kind of boring driving without Train Control Systems, which is why I started using the PZB and SiFa in the first place.

• jpvdveer Well there is absolutely no reason to look after magnets. Or rather, you have to acknowledge signals not magnets.

Example: distant signal repeaters (Vorsignaleiederholer). They rarely have magnets, but if they show a restriction (expect stop, or below 100) you STILL have to acknowledge.

Same with speed reduction warning signs (yellow triangles) below 100. It does NOT matter if it has magnets or not. You still have to acknowledge.

In short. Anything that warns of anything from stop to below 100kmh MUST be acknowledged. Magnets does not even come into play in this rule.

wittjoker You only have to acknowledge warnings of speeds under 100km/h. Still very simple though.

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• Example: distant signal repeaters (Vorsignaleiederholer). They rarely have magnets, but if they show a restriction (expect stop, or below 100) you STILL have to acknowledge.

I am fairly convinced that you don’t have to acknowledge Vorsignalwiederholer.

And I know you don’t have to acknowledge every speed limit but for the sake of simplicity it doesn’t hurt if you do.

• Peter749

You can wait to the sifa alarm sounds before canceling it. You have 4 seconds after it sounds. Some German traindrivers do that, while others prefer to cancel it as soon as it lights up which is two (i think) seconds before the alarm sounds. So just go by your preference.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• I am fairly convinced that you don’t have to acknowledge Vorsignalwiederholer.

I would recommend to do that. First; that is a rule when driving trains in Germany. Second; Vorsignalwiederholer might have magnets, if these are not acknowledged, you'll get an emergencybrake ;)

• If you don’t want to limit yourself in your choice of German Routes and Rolling Stock there is honestly no way around learning at least the basics of the PZB system, which is honestly quite simple (the basics you need to know) and there is a lot of great tutorials on it.

This game has the word Simulator in the name after all and some developers take that more seriously than others.

Apart from the BR407 there are not many trains that require you to have PZB on to exceed 160km/h

Maybe the developers of those trains that do not enforce the use of certain safety systems understand this is not aimed at Professionals but a Sim for Enthusiasts.

• wittjoker Then you are fairly wrongly convinced, since you have to.

wittjoker Watch this Führerstandmitfahrt.

Just before 1:30 the driver passes two Vorsignalwiederholern (and then passes the main signal immidiatly after). Both Wiederholern are acknowledged. You can’t miss the pzb beep.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Kim_olesen1 into this post.

• Maybe the developers of those trains that do not enforce the use of certain safety systems understand this is not aimed at Professionals but a Sim for Enthusiasts.

Maybe. That doesn't change the fact however that the developers of the BR 407, as well as 3DZug for the 401 and 412 (and I'd imagine the upcoming 411 as well) did feel the need to implement this safety feature correctly.

I also would'nt consider the necessesity to use PZB in order to use the AFB to be targeted at professionals only. Only a small fraction of people on this forum are acual train drivers, yet I'd assume that >90% of them use PZB regularly. Regardless I myself have already driven the 407 without PZB and AFB on the French highspeed tracks available for TS1 and did just fine. If you want to drive faster than 165 without Train Control Systems you will have to do that without the AFB I'm afraid.