RW Enhancer 2 erschienen

• Jogibär  oldsnake

Here is a solution that might be more elegant. I am making a comparison to the music program Logic Pro for explanation. Here you can hide audio tracks.

That could be used on routes, scenarios and even consists in quickdrive.

It would go like this. Have a little hide tickbox in the mentioned items. Have a master hide tickbox somewhere. When that box is ticked, all items marked hide is hidden. And when not, all items marked are shown.

That way we get much more user flexibility, than an auto-hide function.

oldsnake track lenght would be much preffered if possible. When driving mountain routes with bends and twisted valleys, it is really wierd to see the distance to a stop increasing.

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Kim_olesen1 into this post.

• EDIT on reflection I am not so sure that this is a good idea

No, it is not. I have done this in the past and it has caused me problems. For example I deleted Konstanz-Villingen after the Hausach-Konstanz came out and it lead to me having missing ground textures on some freeware routes that use it. Deleting the original Hamburg-Hannover also has caused issues for me in the past. I just keep all routes, that I require for other stuff. I have loads of routes that way, that I never drive ... but it keeps me from having problems.

• I think the Dispatcher has a Problem:

I ask for allowness to pass a red signal. RWEH2 pressed the tab for me but the dispatcher didn't reqognize this. After signal shows ZS1 (Allowniss to pass with max. 40) i asked a second time for passing. Same answer.

(Genehmigung, please write this with an Kapital G).

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von StS ()

• I think I understand. Ludmilla-Fan All rolling stock sounds remain the same: nothing is changed. RWE2 only adds a number of additional sounds on top, which are often not adequately represented in TS.

A key example is wind noise that in TS is usually completely absent. RWE2 makes for an incredible difference when driving at 200 km/h or 300 km/h.

Importantly, for each additional sound layer, you have the option to reduce its volume, or to mute it completely. For example, and surely of interest to you as Ludmila fan, there is a "diesel engine layer" option that is great for stock with poor sounds, but that usually is not appropriate for stock that have high-quality sounds already. In such cases, you simply switch the diesel engine layer overlay off in-game.

• Ludmilla-Fan ich kann das bestätigen, was jpvdveer schreibt. Ich fahre mit den AP Sounds und das tönt einfach wirklich cool. Man hat viel mehr das Gefühl in einer Lok zu sitzen. Egal ob Diesel oder Electric. Aber eben hier im Forum ist Sound ja eine sehr heftig diskutierte "Geschmacks"-Sache ;)

Ich fahre gerne im TS und habe auch eine Reihe Videos gemacht. Ich habe nun, nach einer etwas längeren Pause, wieder angefangen Videos zu machen. Hier mein YT Kanal: Mit DonMattheo unterwegs . Vielleicht interessiert es ja wen? Ich freue mich über jedes ABO sehr, welches mein Kanal bekommt! Aber Vorsicht: Ich bin und bleibe Laie - danke für eure Nachsicht . ;)

• RW Enhancer 2 is designed to mainly READ existing Train Simulator data. For the sound system, like jpvdveer said, RWE 2 is adding it's own sound layer and it's running completely independently from TS sound engine. No TS sound are modified by RWE 2. So you can just mute RWE 2 sound and everything should sound as it should like you were playing you regular Train Simulator content :)

RWE 2 is taking a great care to not mess up/modifiy the content of Train Simulator but sometimes accidents may happen that's why the installation wiki page recommend you to make a backup of your Train Simulator Assets just in case something goes wrong. Just a simple backup and you are 100% safe if anything goes wrong.

The only main content modified by RWE 2 at the moment is the engines script files (this is required so RWE 2 can read important data). But only the engines that you drive in your current RWE 2 service are modified. And then once your RWE 2 play session is finished (when you finish your service), the scripts are completely restored in their original state.

• And then once your RWE 2 play session is finished (when you finish you service), the scripts are completely restored in their original state.

Just a question - what happens if the RWE 2 play session does not finish properly, eg due to a crash or power outage?

• I'd like to have a big button to close the content cooker window instead of using the relatively small "x" on the top right corner. Of course that's not important, but I think it would be more convenient.

What about a "close cooking window when cooking is finished" setting ? :)

Just a question - what happens if the RWE 2 play session does not finish properly, eg due to a crash or power outage?

Script modifications are made to work even if TS is being played without RWE 2. But if this happen, the script(s) will be restored automatically next time RWE 2 cooking is started. So it's quite difficult to mess up things now :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von oldsnake () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by oldsnake into this post.

• please keep supporting RWE 2 ! I need it !

As has been pointed out above, RWE 2 is the most significant revolution in TS since the introduction of 64-bit. For journeys at higher speeds, I even think it is the most significant revolution ever. It is causing a notable shift in my TS usage towards higher speeds (where TS previously tended to be underwhelming), greater distances and more time spent in the cab (as opposed to external/passenger views).

We all have a responsibility towards the developer, but also all other TS users, not only to point out bugs and areas for improvement, but also to promote this incredible and bold product wherever we can. I have opened threads for the product on the UKTS and Dutchsims forums and, whilst these are not as active as rail-sim.de, people have also responded favourably there.

Eventually it would be great for the major streamers, for example AlanThomsonSim, to start discussing and promoting RWE 2. This is bound to happen. But for the product to reach mass market potential and consistenty positive reviews/comments during streams, some potentially controversial issues need to be sorted out first in my view, notably the need to cook upon every launch.