RW Enhancer 2 erschienen

• RW Enhancer 2 is quite well optimized now with all optimization updates I have made. There still room for performance improvements but there is a solid base now. RW Enhancer 2 is using CPU cores quite well for the audio engine for example and other specific tasks.

Important fixes still need to be made during January and then i will be able to start the work on more bigger features :)

0.7.x branch already have quite a lot of improvements and fixes already: https://wiki.rwenhancer.com/doku.php?id=core:changelog0.7

• Moin,

ich hatte gestern gepostet, dass ich Probleme habe, die gemachten Einstellungen für ein Quickdrive in den TS zu übertragen.

Heute habe ich nun nochmals getestet und festgestellt, dass es funktioniert, allerdings auf allen Abschnitten der Western Mainline (Justtrains) nicht. Bei einer anderen Strecke von JT (Mid Mainline) funktioniert es.

Meine Frage, ob dieses noch jemand anderes bemerkt hat und welche GRünde es dafür geben mag. Und letztendlich, wie man das beheben kann.

• Update 0.7.18.0 is available :) https://www.rwcentral.com/topi…update-07180-is-available

CHANGELOG:

- Changed speedometer accelerometer behaviour. Now going up for acceleration and down for deceleration.

- Improved station stop train position detection. You can now open the passengers doors if at least 1/4 of your total consist length is still at the platform level

- Improved station stop failed detection system to better match TS rules

- Improved train reverser state detection system for some rolling stock

- Slighly reduced 'driver chair squeak' sound layer triggering rate

- Fixed audio engine automatic output device selection

- Fixed 'Pickup Passengers' tasks being failed with consists that are longer than the station platform total length

• V200.1 I don’t think so. I see no parameter for routes that a KI consist is enabled for.

So for now i think you still need ts_tools for that.

oldsnake I think i have a little bug report. After the installation of RWEnhancer 2 i can’t turn off Procedural Flora in TS. I thi k RWe2 overwrites the setting. If that is the case, then an option to turn it off in RWe2 would be nice.

Same thing with adaptive Bloom.

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Kim_olesen1 into this post.

• Kim_olesen1 This is a good remark, adaptative bloom must be enabled in TS when using RWE 2 shaders, but if you are using default TS base shaders, RWE 2 should not force Adaptative Bloom to be on, this will be changed.

Are you using RWE 2 shaders or not ?

• I have a small konfusion:
    The F3 HUD an the RW Enancer2 HUD are not at the same Position.

Simetimes its necessary to look for Whistlesigns and for the Next Station, e.g. how long is the green line, to stop at a good position for all paasengers. .

My Screen is set to 1920 x 1080 pixel.

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

• I think this is a good point. This is caused by the RWE2 HUD being centered. The TS HUD is also centered but has additional elements to the left of the track monitor. The track monitor elements of the two HUDs are not therefore at the same position.

Opinions are likely to differ on this one - I guess most people would prefer the RWE2 HUD to be centered as currently is the case, but some people may (sometimes) prefer to have it at exactly the same position as the corresponding element of the TS HUD (eg when shunting, when the TS HUD continues to be useful). Perhaps this could be made an optional choice?

• Update 0.7.19.0 is available :) https://www.rwcentral.com/topi…pdate-07190-is-available/

CHANGELOG:

- Added TS windowed display mode support

- Added RW Enhancer 2 window position/size restoration support when restarting the software

- Improved display window management system

- Fixed forced 'Bloom' and 'Procedural Flora' TS settings even when using legacy TS shaders

- Fixed window size and position not being correctly restored when ending a service

EDIT: 0.7.19.1 hotfix is released to fix the UI layout

• Hello oldsnake ,

many thanks from my side for your brilliant programme.

I have a question about the selection of routes.

I have installed some routes that I need for route upgrades. For these routes, for example Altenburg - Wildau or Berlin - Wittenberg (KBS250), I have not installed any scenarios and in the TS these routes are not displayed without scenarios.

Is it possible to realise this in RW Enhancer 2?

Greetings Jörg.

• Thank you ! This can be done yes and this is a good idea. Will be done soon.

• I have installed some routes that I need for route upgrades. For these routes, for example Altenburg - Wildau or Berlin - Wittenberg (KBS250),

I agree that this is a good idea. But Jogibär, you never need the actual routes for route upgrades, just the associated assets. It is thus perfectly safe to delete these routes (eg in RW Tools or directly from the Content folder). This saves some disk space and will cause a slight speed gain when starting up TS.

EDIT on reflection I am not so sure that this is a good idea. As RWTools does, I think there is a case to be made for RWEnhancer to show all installed routes, regardless of whether any scenarios are available. TS does not display these routes, in part because it has a horrible interface that quickly becomes messy if too many routes are shown. But with the nice interface of RWTools. and the capability to select routes by country, I think there is a case for all routes to be shown in RWE2, if only to remind the users of their existence! Routes that are only used for upgrades of other routes are redundant and are better deleted by the user.

• oldsnake Mir ist noch aufgefallen, das die angezeigten Entfernungen im RWE HUD und im F3 HUD nicht übereinstimmen. Also wenn man z.B. an Bahnhof "A" steht, dann zeigt RWE bis Bahnhof "B" 20 Km und das F3 HUD 25 Km. Diese Entfernung nähert sich dann nach und nach an, so das RWE kurz vor "B" z.B. 5 Km anzeigt und F3 6 Km. Ist jetzt nur ein Beispiel, aber ich hoffe es wurde klar was ich meine :). Wäre schön, wenn man das eventuell noch anpassen könnte.

• The content explorer could show all routes but the drive menu could only show routes that contains some scenarios for example

I agree that that is an option. But the route interface in the content explorer, whilst being completely adequate for its purposes, is not as nice as the - simply outstanding - interface in the drive section.

For me the route interface in the drive section serves a broader purpose than simply selecting a route or scenario to drive. It also shows off my collection. And it does so in a way that has never been done before - with large pictures that. in many cases, have appropriately been chosen (although there is room for improvement here in some cases).

That "collection overview" feeling is bound to apply to other users too. And it would be lost if routes without scenarios are no longer shown.

• Malkondo This is normal, at the moment RWE 2 is calculating the "flyby" direct distance (like TSW 2) and TS displays the "track length" distance. So it is normal to have a difference. Track distance can't be calculated by RWE 2 at the moment but this may change in the future.