REAL DRIVE advanced scenarios for different Routes. [Information-Thread]

• I have a question for you train simmers.

I am thinking about Real Drives for Offenburg Karlsruhe BUT i am in doubt where to put the freight AI traffic. Does it belong on the new tracks or on the old mainline tracks. Or perhaps both?

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

• I’ve had a couple of questions regarding future Real Drives. So a little update from me: Currently i can’t make any. TSC has a bug where sometimes page two of an QD AI spawnpoint is broken. It used to happen when the scenarios began taking up a lot of memory. DTG has acknowledged this bug. However after the latest TSC update, this bug is no longer a “sometimes bug” but has become persistent and chronic. I can now no longer even put in a single spawnpoint. Without AI traffic, no Real Drives. So either this bug gets fixed sometime in the future, or it is the end of it for me. All i can do is wait.

• This is why no more REAL DRIVES are coming your way. Unless more people put pressure on DTG and ask for this bug to be fixed. I can’t open page two in the QD AI spawn point.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• I'm still working with TSC V72a and it works here.

So the problem has been there since that great update. ;(

Mein System: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, MSI X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI socket AM5, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB CL30 DDR5-6000 RAM-Kit, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 OC-Grafikkarte, Samsung 2 TB 980 EVO PCIE SSD fur TSC, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIE fur Win11 und Corsair EX100U 2 TB external ssd mit usb-c Gen3.2 fur TSC backup. CORSAIR Hydro X-serie custom watercooling setup.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jhz37 ()

• I am working with TSC Version 72a in 64bit, Not 32bit...

Mein System: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, MSI X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI socket AM5, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB CL30 DDR5-6000 RAM-Kit, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 OC-Grafikkarte, Samsung 2 TB 980 EVO PCIE SSD fur TSC, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIE fur Win11 und Corsair EX100U 2 TB external ssd mit usb-c Gen3.2 fur TSC backup. CORSAIR Hydro X-serie custom watercooling setup.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jhz37 ()

• Point still stands. It happens when the scenario eats up more than 4gb ram. You have driven my advanced drives (i think) you know how much is going on. Far more than standard quick drives. And yes, the latest version has made it even worse.

The bug is acknowledged by DTG. It’s been reported by others, so it is not a unique issue.

• Some cautious good news. Been working a bit on new drives, and finishing drives that i had to stop working on because of the now fixed page 2 bug. I had a LOT of drives in a near finished state.

In the meantime, while working on the Südbahn drive, i discovered what causes RSSLO signalling to sometimes be very slow. And since signalling is important to the experience of Real Drives, i now feel it’s fun to work with RSSLO stuff again.

What i am finishing.

Karawankenbahn (but only for the austrian part, so a short one)

Rudolfsbahn.

Tauernbahn v2

Salzburg Swarzach.

Gieselabahn

Wörgl Saalfelden

Drautalbahn

Linz Passau

Passau Regensburg

Regensburg Ingolstadt

Holzkirschen Wörgl

Konstanz Villingen

Villingen Hausach

Köln Koblenz

Koblenz Trier

(There might be some of those that i have already released but forgotten LOL. Will need to check)

Things i’ve been working on, but might not work for the end user because i was working on upgraded routes:

Brennerbahn and Südbahn.

Now working on

Freilassing Linz.

Things i am giving up on:

Münster Bremen. I am plagued with OOM crashes. The route might just be too big for me to do a proper Real Drive advanced scenario, i don’t know. Tried reinstalling nothing helps.

Things i will work on.

Riesa Leipzig (Riesa Dresden already finished)

Karlsruhe Offenburg

Bremen Bremerhaven (but will wait till it’s completely finished by the builder)

Berlin Leipzig

München Nürnberg

Three Country Corner

Arlbergbahn

My plan is to release a giant bundle between christmas and new year. So unless life happens and it gets delayed, this is what is in wait for you all. As you can probably imagine, sitting on all this work and not being able to complete them completely has been REALLY frustrating, so can’t wait to sharing this with all of you.

• Just an update. Right now i am going through all the nearly finished Real Drives for RSSLO routes to correct them because of an error in the RSSLO signal scripts which causes the signals to sometimes not spot if a signal block is occupied. I have found a workaround but correcting all the drives is more timeconsuming than expected. But a lot of stuff is coming your way in the near future.

• Hi everyone. Starting the new year off with two new drives between Wörgl and Brenner. One in each direction.

Drive through the beautiful Inntal and the impressive and historical northramp of the Brennerbahn. This route is one of the most important european railway links across (and over) the alps. Be aware at all times, it's busy and you can expect a stop signal anywhere on your journey.

REAL DRIVE advanced Wörgl - Brenner

Don't forget to download the latest PRELOAD package (now version 6) Preload set for real drives v6

• REAL DRIVE advanced Holzkirchen - Wörgl

Christmas lasts untill easter, as we say in Denmark. So we've got yet a drive that focuses on the München - Brenner connection.

Drive the varied route from Holzkirschen to Wörgl and back again. Experience both a busy single track section and the important section from the Rosenheim hub to the Austrian hub at Wörgl. Expect train crossings on the single line and a busy two track section. The single track line is often used for diversions both for IC and freight trains when the main line between Rosenheim and München is too busy or down for repairs. Included is Holzkirschen - Wörgl and back but also a drive from Rosenheim to Wörgl if you want to from the Rosenheim hub.

Everything in a REAL DRIVE advanced scenario is randomized (except the route of the player train). Just the combinations of places where you might be stopped by a red signal can exceed millions of permutations. All trains and rolling stock on sidings are random generated too. Just like in real life the railroad line can be busy or not so busy. Ofcourse it can also happen (very rarely) that the line is free all the way.

Don't forget to follow the instructions in the README.

Next drive will be for München Rosenheim, so you can real drive all the way from München to Brenner and back, if you have enough coffee.

• Kim_olesen1 please don't take it amiss ... but it's very weird for a German to read "Holzkirschen" ..

because there is a very big difference between

- "Kirsche" = (engl.) Cherry

- "Kirche" = (engl.) Church

There are many bavarian village names with a 'church' (= kirchen) in its name, but probably no Cherries :)

sorry, i couldn't resist ;)

• As teased yesterday:

REAL DRIVE advanced München - Rosenheim

Drive the densely trafficked main line from München Hauptbahnhof to the busy hub at Rosenheim, where 4 important railway lines meet. This REAL DRIVE makes it possible to Real Drive the triangle of Salzburg, München and Brenner if you have the applicable Real Drives.