REAL DRIVE advanced scenarios for different Routes. [Information-Thread]

• REAL DRIVE advanced Salzburg - Linz

We continue with yet a REAL DRIVE that i couldn't release untill the bug in spawnpoints had been fixed by DTG. As you all know they fixed it a couple of months ago, and i can finally get those drives into the hands of all you real drivers.

REAL DRIVES for the Freilassing Linz route. Enjoy a varied drive on this important Austrian mainline following the northern line of the alps. You will have to drive at both regular mainline speeds as well as sections with high speed. Be ready to encounter a stop signal before you at each point of the route.

Everything in a REAL DRIVE advanced scenario is randomized (except the route of the player train). Just the combinations of places where you might be stopped by a red signal can exceed millions of permutations. All trains and rolling stock on sidings are random generated too. Just like in real life the railroad line can be busy or not so busy. Ofcourse it can also happen (very rarely) that the line is free all the way.

What's next: There are four (maybe 5) drives for RSSLO routes that i've previously released but which will have updates that will take in account the blind spots in their signal scripts. It's taken me a LONG time to work out why some of the signal scripts reacted so slow that you might pass a green distant signal only to run into a red main signal. Now that i know why, i feel the need to give you a better experience on those Real Drives.

But this is not the end of the release wave, i still have several drives in almost ready states that i can now finish. BUT the pace will slow down. I have released 4 drives in a week, and i want to give you time to experience them. Also my work starts up tomorrow, and as you know, hobbies go more slowly when the holidays are over.

• Just letting you all know that REAL DRIVE advanced scenarios for the following routes have been updated to v2. Change log: Adjusted to work around blind spots in signalscripts from RSSLO. There are other small fixes in there as well.

Wörgl - Saalfelden.

Giselabahn.

Tauernbahn v2.

Salzburg - Schwarzach St. Veit.

• Hi Kim,

I will thank you for your effort and wonderful work.

I'm really looking forward to trying out your work.

For me as a prospective train driver in Austria, it is a good opportunity to practice.

I have one more request: would it be possible to include more Austrian KI-vehicles than German KI-vehicles?

So that it's a little more real. Thanks.

Greetings from Austria

:)

• Hi there kosalorit. Yes i’ve been thinking of making more freight consists that uses the Taurus. Unfortunately i can’t really use the RSSLO AI Vectron as it is extremely slow in acceleration.

When building REAL DRIVES i keep dependencies down to a minimum. DB does run freight services in many european countries including Austria. So they are not wrong, but the ratio between DB freight and ÖBB freight could be better, agreed.

• Gutentag lieber Forummitglieder. Weiter gehts…

You can now REAL DRIVE all of this important German transport corridor. The iconic route takes you on a ride on the wonderfully curvy route next the Rhein river, as well as through the industrial area west of Frankfurt. In addition to the original REAL DRIVES between Bingen am Rhein and Koblenz (also included and slightly updated), four new drives are included to cover the route between Bingen am Rhein and Frankfurt. Two drives that go via the Airport and two that bypass it.

• ich hab mal versucht die Szenarien in die V1 reinzukopieren:

Da wurden Szenerie-Marker auf Gleise gesetzt, die nur das Original hat.

Schade, denn die Originalstrecke ist nicht brauchbar, die tu ich mir nicht mehr an.

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

• My wish is that those who make deluxe routes would keep the original markers. If they did, every scenario made for one version would work for the other.

Let me give you HH - H as an example. There is yet a deluxe version coming on RWA. So what version am i supposed to make a Real Drive for? Every version has unique markers. That means that if i should satisfy everyone it would be three times the work, and i am just not going to do that. That also means that the moment that version is released, my work would be obsolete if i had made scenarios for the first deluxe. And what happens if RWAs filebase gets nuked once more? Then that version might be gone forever. The only version i can reliably trust will always be there, is the original. Again, if the creators of those deluxe routes didn’t erase the original markers, every scenario ever made would work, and everyone, including me(!!!) would be happy.

Take note of the brilliant deluxe version of the Brennerbahn from fsclips . It has all the original markers, and every scenario ever built works on it.

Maybe ask 3dzug the same question. Why don’t they make scenarios for deluxe versions?

So a plea from me to the creators of the wonderful deluxe versions; keep marker compability with original versions, and then OFCOURSE i will do a version with additional preloads etc for a deluxe route that is a clone).

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• My wish is that those who make deluxe routes would keep the original markers. If they did, every scenario made for one version would work for the other.

That´s the whole point of a deluxe route. It´s cloned route where all the wrong stuff is changed for purpose of realism. That includes wrong and fictional markers.

Let me give you HH - H as an example. There is yet a deluxe version coming on RWA. So what version am i supposed to make a Real Drive for?

Yes, that is a tricky one. I´m only seeing scenarios for RWA Version the last couple of months... but I´m part of the team on that update. So I´m biased about that one.

The only version i can reliably trust will always be there, is the original. Again, if the creators of those deluxe routes didn’t erase the original markers, every scenario ever made would work, and everyone, including me(!!!) would be happy.

Again, that is not possible... I just went on a "deep dive" last night on Discord for 4 hours with the main guy doing german route updates and I have worked on some myself. Tracks are relaid in many places, signal positions are changed to what they are in reality etc. It´s not just about markers.

Take note of the brilliant deluxe version of the Brennerbahn from fsclips . It has all the original markers, and every scenario ever built works on it.

For some routes this works out ... but others are so wrong and unbearable in the original version, that all the above mentioned stuff gets changed.

Kim, I can give you some info and guide you towards certain routes, that very likely won´t change and that maybe can have shot at for test purposes. At the moment there is a bunch of routes beeing worked on:

- Köln-Koblenz V2 is getting an update very soon. Don´t touch that one! From I gather, that will be final version though. May be worth looking in to that great route after release of the upcoming version.

- RSSLO Passau-Regensburg also has a community Update coming soon.

- S-Bahn Hamburg, Pegnitzalbahn and Straßbourg-Karlsruhe are also beeing worked on.

- Hagen-Siegen V4 was also announced at one point.

Whats left? I would say "München-Garmisch Deluxe", "München-Rosenheim Reloaded", "Nürnberg-Regensburg Deluxe" and "Allgäubahn Reloaded" are save bets. They have all been online and unchanged for a couple of years now...and all four are stunning routes.

Maybe ask 3dzug the same question. Why don’t they make scenarios for deluxe versions?

People have in the past .... as a payware producer they can´t point people towards the complicated to install freeware updates. But I´m not trying to convince anyone... Once you go Deluxe, you never go back. Even if no one makes anything for the routes, I would rather make my own then return to the old ones.

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
    Benjamin Franklin

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tom87 ()

• tom87 I don’t disagree that many deluxe versions are very superior. But you highlight the exact problem that i am facing. Avoid this update, but this one will definately be good etc…Untill the next one arrives and it’s work all wasted for me.

Another example is the easthetically clearly superior Hagen Siegen v3,14. But the problem i had with this one was that the southbound drive had all kinds of pzb wierdness going on. What good is a Real Drive that is all about signal interaction, if the trainprotection systems are iffy? For me, no good. Faulty trainprotection systems and nonfunctioning signals is the one thing i personally can’t live with. (Which is why i’ll never do one for Köln Airport link. I’d (personally) rather have kuju vegetation and uglier tracks than Zwangsen.) That’s just my preference.

Frankfurt Koblenz; DTG actually got it mostly working ok in their latest update the route. Good enough for me, i enjoy their latest version. It is only a game after all.

So what happens if someone decides to move a signal on a deluxe route i’ve already made scenarios for? Bang, 3 days work down the drain, and it’s almost impossible to diagnosticise the error because i use spawn points, not manually placed consists.

I have one more reason though, and this is actually a question to you; Soon you will be releasing the Harzbahn. I am looking forward to it like a kid on christmas time!!! But you have also gone through the trouble of sourcing very detailed and correct repaints etc for the scenarios. So if i apply my “least dependencies possible” philosophy in a Real Drive for the route, it will mean that people will have “less perfect” ai traffic in all quick drives for the Harzbahn. Not sure i want to do that to your route, or any deluxe that is more realistic. No black BR101 freighters on the deluxe routes because of me, that’s kept for less perfect original versions. That way i can’t be blamed for destroying the more perfect selection of rolling stock on the deluxe routes.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• Kim_olesen1 I was very perfectionist with the Harznetz... a little too much and I´m tuning things down a little for upcoming projects. I wanted the Innerstetalbahn to stand out as my best project and really seperate itself from any other route. But my philosophy on this has always been: once the route is in the download area, everyone is free to do with it, what they like. Yes, it´s a game and everyone should have fun with it. I really don´t mind fictional scenarios for it, when it´s ready. Heck, I´ve driven british diesels up to Altenau myself =)

I tried to point you to some routes, where I see no changes coming in the future...and routes that are beeing updated right now, might also be the last. There is not so much routebuilding going on these days in TSC. Myself and maybe ten other people. That´s all. Hagen-Siegen wait for the V4. That´s going to solve the signalling issues from the older version from what I understand.

• I have already decided to do Real Drives for Hagen Siegen 4. Because that’s the one where i would not touch the original, and as you say, v4 will probably be both awesome and the final word on it.

BTW just so no one gets me wrong. I FULLY support and love everything creative done by the wonderful contributors in this forum. Including (ofcourse) the great upgrades to the standard routes.

tom87 If you will allow me to, i will ofcourse bring Real Drives to the Harzbahn.

REAL DRIVE advanced scenarios for Linz Passau.

As i’ve hinted at, i’ve stockpiled many nearly finished Real Drives the last two years. And you are getting all of them, now that i can finnish them.

REAL DRIVE this important mainline that connects northern Bavaria with eastern Austria. Be on your marks because you can hit a red signal at any time.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Kim_olesen1 into this post.

• Hey Kim_olesen1,

thx for your wonderful real drives. Im really enjoying them.

Sorry for asking, but I have a question:

IIRC you once said, that you are able to use the new AP Weather Pack with random weather (spawn markers) in quick drive scenarios.

If im not comepletly wrong with that assumpation, I would like to know if you are planning to add this feature to the Real Drives?

• Yes, going to run through that folder with the clean asset tool.

Fortunately they are completely harmless and take up almost no space.

Stampede I wasn’t satisfied with the results. Since there are so many “bad weather” patterns as opposed to good weather, bad weather was the outcome for too high a percentage. HOWEVER i have very good results with random showers. Works incredibly well. But i will have to do new scenarios for each one of the Real Drives, where the ap swep triggers are built in. If i built them into the old ones i would be disrespecting peoples weather choices when loading the drives. So i guess the answer is; i might do this. But i still have some drives to give you all, of the stockpile of near finished drives.

Passau Regensburg

Ingolstadt Regensburg

Koblenz Trier

Konstanz Villingen

Villingen Hausach

Then these updated to advanced:

Freiburg Basel

Köln Koblenz

New drives that i have finished lately:

München Nürnberg.

Also working on:

Nürnberg Regensburg

Frankfurt Highspeed (updated from old Real Drives, but can’t remember if i ever released them)

Drives that are giving me troubles:

RSSLO Südbahn (having immense signal problems unlike any that i’ve seen on RSSLO routes. Might be down to it being on the upgrade v1)

Münster Bremen. Finished drives crash TSC 4/5 times. Can’t find out why.

So there is enough to do.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Kim_olesen1 into this post.

• A question to you Real Drivers:

I am thinking about making an “advanced expanded preload pool” in addition to the basic pool that is always required to run the drives. So it would be a pool you don’t need to have, but will add more variation. I have a feeling that while there are many repaints, there are not many (if any) pools of preloads for freight trains with anything else but DB and ÖBB liveries. But in real life there are so many private operators, and i’d like to get some of those into your real drives as well.

What that means, is circa fifty more freight trains using a couple of repaint packs for the 3dzug verkehrs pack and one for the Taurus. I use them myself, and the variation in AI traffic is just so much bigger. I will use them for both German and Austrian routes, that ought to be reasonably realistic. But it would ofcourse require you to install these repaints. But before i do this work, i just need to know if anyone in interested in this?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()