ChrisTrains RS1 work in progress

• Hello Chris, great work indeed. Can I just please remind what was discussed above - when you get to the cab to make the windows clearer, perhaps almost totally clear like vR are doing it?

Thanks a lot!

I'll probably do them like the Flirt 3. Problem is when you make them completely clear it ruins the illusion because it's like there's nothing there.

• I beg to differ, guys. As I explained above - in TS the effect is far from what it feels like in reality. With Flirt 3 it does not make me believe there's a window there, but rather everything outside is covered in gray haze. Many models provide dirty windows, but there's a difference between dirt and gray tint. Flirt is one of those models that give you the gray tint rather than a feel of a dirty window.

If you could make it a bit cleaner, Chris, I am certain that would help the immersion, not ruin it.

BTW can I know which vR model do you have in mind, Berliner079? Yes, vR models have dirty structure on windows, especially outside the wipers' reach, but never the gray tint like the Flirt 3 does...

• As I have still not been able to get a license to use the STB / Erfurterbahn logos, the RS1 pack will come with the imaginary 'Seebergbahn' version. This is mostly so the repainters can make EB/STB versions and so there is one with the scharfenberg coupler.

• @ChrisTrains Could you maybe do it the same way for the Thalys? No logos but a livery very close to the original? It's been a while since the thalys won the poll but I think there are still many people who'd appreciate to see the Thalys in the TS. Just a suggestion. You should of course focus on your running projects first.

• @ChrisTrains Could you maybe do it the same way for the Thalys? No logos but a livery very close to the original? It's been a while since the thalys won the poll but I think there are still many people who'd appreciate to see the Thalys in the TS. Just a suggestion. You should of course focus on your running projects first.

It's a possibility. I have another project lined up after this already but the Thalys is still on my list.

• Hi Chris,

Are there plans to realize the "Bedarfshalt/Haltewunsch" (stop request) function of the RS1?
    It's similar to stop buttons in buses, requesting a stop at the next station. When pressed, an indicator light is lit in the cab.

RSSLO has a similar function, it's been solved using triggers connected to track links.

Kind regards

Marcel

• Hello Chris,

I've had an opportunity to see the RS1 cab today (and even made some photos) and I can confirm the front window is pretty clear. Of course there might be dirt on the edge outside of wiper's reach and of course it's not as clear as if the window wasn't there, but I urge you again... please make the window more clear than you did with the Flint, at least to some degree. Per what I've seen today having the same level of gray tint would not be realistic here.

• This would be hard to do without sending specific message to the train from the track which could only happen if the routebuilders made an object that could send a message, and they all agreed to send the SAME message and place the object correctly. So the short answer - right now - is that no, I hadn't planned to implement this because there's not an easy way to do it.
    I might experiment towards the end of the build and see if I can make my own track object to go with the train - at least that way if you wanted this function to work, you could personally put my track object in a scenario.

@MiningDEV : No price or release date yet