ChrisTrains RS1 work in progress

• Ich kann ehrlich gesagt überhaupt nicht nachvollziehen, warum sich hier einige Wünschen die Scheibe noch sauberer zu machen als beim Flirt 3.
    Der RS 1 ist noch nicht mal fertig und hier gibt es eine Diskussion darüber, dass die Scheibe zu dreckig ist. Andererseits gibt es Repaints, bei denen Loks (etc.) noch stärker verschmutzt wurden.
    Lasst Chris doch erstmal den RS 1 zu ende bauen, kauft euch das Teil, macht euch einen Eindruck davon und derjenige, der nicht damit zufrieden ist, kann ja selber die Scheibe saubermachen.

[lines]
    I can't comprehend the wish of a more clean frontwindow in the RS 1 than in the Flirt 3. The train isn't finish at the moment and some people are discussing abut a (lightly) dirty window, made by Chris.
    Otherways are repaints which make some trains more dirty than before.
    Let Chris finish his RS 1, buy it, make your impression and who doesn't like the dirt grade of the windows could "clean" them by their own.

• Excelent work, @ChrisTrains!

I´m sorry that I hadn´t time to get some pics of the DB RAB version as promissed, but I can assure you that the interior is pretty standard, no ticket machines or toilets. Just the known high seating at the ends between cab and door and the low between the doors.

Btw is the an possibility for you to make repaints for the BSB (Breisgau S-Bahn) as they will come in handy for the upcomming route from Freiburg to Basel?

LG. Schwarzwaldbahner

EiB - Fahrweg; DB InfraGO Südwest, Karlsruhe

• @MWABXK
    Per my knowledge you cannot easily change the transparency of a cab window. You perhaps even need the cab model sources for that...? If you can show me how, great, please do...

And sorry, but for me this is pretty important because you're looking at most parts of the model only some of the time, but you look outside through the cab window _most_ of the time while driving. And if all you see outside is covered in gray, well...

Again as I say above - I fully understand what the creators are trying to achieve by this, but again - in TS the outcome is simply different compared to the real thing.

• If you have photoshop or something like it, you can edit the alpha channel of the texture used for the window in the cab view and make it whatever you want :D

• ... der 672 wird wohl aus ökonomischen Gründen für einen "Payware"-Hersteller absolut nicht darstellbar sein.
    Das wäre dann schon ein zu arges Nischenprodukt.

... Grottenmolch der ersten Stunde und stolz darauf !

• If you have photoshop or something like it, you can edit the alpha channel of the texture used for the window in the cab view and make it whatever you want :D

Thanks for the tip, Chris. I finally learned how to do it and... wow!

So far I modified the glass texture of the G6, Albula's Ge4/4 iii and your Flirt3 Suwex and what a difference! With the clearer window driving these models is much more enjoyable to me now, especially the Flirt.

So obviously I don't care that much what the glass texture of the RS1 will be now, but I still insist that making it clearer is the way to go.

Frankly, what I also discovered is that it also depends a lot on what technology your monitor uses: I know that this gray tint is much more bearable on TN and IPS-based screens while on my main AMVA+ panel the gray looks thicker. It's probably due to the slight black crush effect of the panel's display technology. And I sure you there's no way to get rid of it by tuning the monitor's settings.

So maybe a small hint for all developers: what you see on your screen is not what _all_ your customer will see on theirs... ;)

• ... klar ist der 672 ein "ähnlicher Triebzug" wie der RS1 und auch ein interessantes Fahrzeug. Allerdings
    gäbe es da noch jede Menge weiterer Fahrzeuge ...

Der 672 hat jedoch nie eine, auch nur annähernd vergleichbare Verbreitung (... oder auch Bekanntheit),
    wie der RegioShuttle erlangt. Für einen Payware-Hersteller ist die Anzahl der "verkaufbaren" Exemplare mit
    Sicherheit ein primäres Auswahlkriterium für die Projektauswahl. Hier insbesondere, da ja im Vorfeld abge-
    stimmt wurde.

... Grottenmolch der ersten Stunde und stolz darauf !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RalfK ()

• Just an update for you : it's been quiet because I've been fighting the "Startup" control in the script trying to make it so you can easily turn the engine on and off with the three-way switch on the console.
    That now works. So back to adding stuff. No pictures today :)

• @ChrisTrains
    No Pictures ;(
    Take your time. The train looks very good and i wait longing for the release because it fits perfect to my route. Do you have a approval got of Agilis?
    I had the luck in the past to drive inside the drivers cab with agilis for research to my route.

Still nothing from Agilis but I have designed the geometry and paint kit so that repainters can do the yellow 'bib' around the front window with a nice clean line :)