RW Enhancer 2 erschienen

• jpvdveer I also started and I need the RWEnhancer2 in all of my videos and I advertise with every video because it deserves it!

Ich fahre gerne im TS und habe auch eine Reihe Videos gemacht. Ich habe nun, nach einer etwas längeren Pause, wieder angefangen Videos zu machen. Hier mein YT Kanal: Mit DonMattheo unterwegs . Vielleicht interessiert es ja wen? Ich freue mich über jedes ABO sehr, welches mein Kanal bekommt! Aber Vorsicht: Ich bin und bleibe Laie - danke für eure Nachsicht . ;)

• oldsnake Would it be possible to make a “randomise time, season and weather” button?

Could be done yeah, what would be the most convenient way, 3 "randomize" buttons for time season and weather. One global button to randomize everything, or both solutions ? :) Waiting for you guys advices on this.

As has been pointed out above, RWE 2 is the most significant revolution in TS since the introduction of 64-bit. For journeys at higher speeds, I even think it is the most significant revolution ever. It is causing a notable shift in my TS usage towards higher speeds (where TS previously tended to be underwhelming), greater distances and more time spent in the cab (as opposed to external/passenger views).

We all have a responsibility towards the developer, but also all other TS users, not only to point out bugs and areas for improvement, but also to promote this incredible and bold product wherever we can. I have opened threads for the product on the UKTS and Dutchsims forums and, whilst these are not as active as rail-sim.de, people have also responded favourably there.

Eventually it would be great for the major streamers, for example AlanThomsonSim, to start discussing and promoting RWE 2. This is bound to happen. But for the product to reach mass market potential and consistenty positive reviews/comments during streams, some potentially controversial issues need to be sorted out first in my view, notably the need to cook upon every launch.

The English community is worried of using RWE 2 as in it's first days, there has been some important issues. But now most of the critical issues are fixed. So i need to regain confidence from a lot of potential and existing users. I'm confident that my commitment to improving and fixing things will help me. Please keep giving your positive feedback to the community and do not hesitate to redirect some users to the wiki (https://wiki.rwenhancer.com/) and help other users with their issues, i'm watching feedback everywhere and i try to respond as much as possible to users wishes. Just saw the latest post on UKTS forums and will include a new TS RWE 2 setting to set the FPS limit of TS directly in RWE 2 in the next update. ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von oldsnake () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by oldsnake into this post.

• Found something else... UK Freeware Routes don´t seem to work with the Enhancer (like the german ones in the beginning). I can find them in the Enhancer, but when TS starts, there is no Enhancer there on the scenario. Happenend to me on the Leeds Lines and Western Mainline electrification update.

*Update* The issue seems to also be connected to trains modified by Armstrong Powerhouse updates/repaints. Enhancer claims to be missing vehicals (e.g. Class 800 etc.)

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
    Benjamin Franklin

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tom87 ()

• tom87 - ich habe keine Probleme mit den UK Freewarestrecken.

Ich besitze relative viele davon. Kann auch problemlos mit dem 800er Azuma von Leeds nach Doncaster mit der AP Version und den Repaints fahren - alles mit RWE2. Vielleicht musst du beim RWEnhancer 2 zwischen durch auch mal ein Reset machen. Das dauert zwar lang, aber es lädt alles von Grund auf neu. Ich hatte das zB. als ich bei gewissen Routen das Erkennungsbild angepasst oder überhaupt hinzugefügt hatte, nach dem den RWE2 schon eingelesen hatte. Da kamen die Bilder auch nicht mit dem normalen "Cooking". Erst als ich dann auf Raten von oldsnake einen Reset gemacht habe, war alles drin. Bei neuen Strecken reicht meistens bei mir aber das normale Cooking.

Ich fahre gerne im TS und habe auch eine Reihe Videos gemacht. Ich habe nun, nach einer etwas längeren Pause, wieder angefangen Videos zu machen. Hier mein YT Kanal: Mit DonMattheo unterwegs . Vielleicht interessiert es ja wen? Ich freue mich über jedes ABO sehr, welches mein Kanal bekommt! Aber Vorsicht: Ich bin und bleibe Laie - danke für eure Nachsicht . ;)

• Hello oldsnake

after my first tests with RWE2 I noticed that there seems to be some interference with the "Raildriver & Joystick Interface" made ny CobraOne. Most likely the issues arise due to the fact, that both utilities use a similiar approach to place a script "between" the program and the original engine script for reading and passing control values. R&J Interface uses the extension .rdbak for the original engine scripts, and places it's own script with the original name of the engine script. RWE2 uses .rwebak extension and places a script with the original engine script name - which is in my case not the original engine script at all.

Sadly this leaves the engine unusable - I do not know if this is solveable, seems to be depending how similar the two approaches are for communicating with TS. Or the functionality of R&J Interface can be brought to RWE2. In general the two programs seem to work very simiiar in the communication part, altough R&J Interface has not such a sophisticated overlay.

My preference is clear, R&J interface is a must for me- Would be mostly interested in the HUD elements and maybe improved audio of RWE2. All this PIS, radio and SIS stuff is not of interest for me. But I acknowledge some people really like such stuff, and your program offers a lot of new possibilities and is very sophisticated - great job.

Also the cooking process is quite annoying, although I understand it is neccessary - ok I have really a lot of stuff, which for sure takes longer than for the most users.

Thanks and have a great day :)

Kind regards

Thorsten

• Hello oldsnake

thanks for quick repsonse, I'll give it a try - since I fear it will make no difference. The problem is, that after cooking R&J Interface requests also a new "extraction" of the engine, since it seems to notice that there was a change. After exraction, the original engine file is gone at all, all left are the file from RWE2 and R&J Interface referring to each other. As the real engine script got killed, the engine is unusable, even without any of the programs running. Had to do a restore to use the engine again.

I assume if RWE2 would be able to use the R&J Interfaces' data tramsfer functionality, all would be ok. But I'll try and let you know.

• Thor I see, I think R&J Interface would work in it's "normal" mode but not in "advanced" mode. That's why it is stated here that usage of this software is not recommended with RWE 2: https://wiki.rwenhancer.com/do…=core:system_requirements

RW Enhancer 2 will integrate a complete support of RailDriver and any other gaming hardware soon (around the end of February). You will be able to tune everything in RW Enhancer 2 menus.

• Hello oldsnake

that's great news, I know you can do it :) For the time being, I'll stay with R&J Interface ans see how RWE2 will develop. Even if I in the end will not make full use of the program, I am in no way upset or so . you are a talented programmer and deserve (in this case monetary) support :)

Best regards

Thorsten

• Thank you for your patience and support ! In the end RW Enhancer 2 will be a central platform for many things including: hardware interface, modding tools and much more.

EDIT:

- 'Only Display Routes With Scenarios' filter in drive menu: implemented

- TS FPS Limit setting support: implemented

- Timetable display for tasks in drive menu: work in progress

- Randomize weather, season and time: work in progress

- 'close cooker when cooking is done' option: work in progress

Everything should be done for tomorrow update

• Moin DonMattheo.

Kann auch problemlos mit dem 800er Azuma von Leeds nach Doncaster mit der AP Version und den Repaints fahren - alles mit RWE2.

Ja, Azuma ist kein AP Repaint. Probiere z.B. mal das GWR Repaint für den 800er von AP... da sagt er bei mir: "Missing element" und startet den TS ohne Enhancer, obwohl das repaint vorhanden ist. Bei sämtlichen anderen AP Reskins genau das gleiche...

oldsnake RWE2 does not seem to recognise most of Armstrong Powerhouse Reskins. Says "Missing Elements" and starts TS without Enhancer showing.

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
    Benjamin Franklin

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tom87 ()

• Moin DonMattheo.

Ja, Azuma ist kein AP Repaint. Probiere z.B. mal das GWR Repaint für den 800er von AP... da sagt er bei mir: "Missing element" und startet den TS ohne Enhancer, obwohl das repaint vorhanden ist. Bei sämtlichen anderen AP Reskins genau das gleiche...

oldsnake RWE2 does not seem to recognise most of Armstrong Powerhouse Reskins. Says "Missing Elements" and starts TS without Enhancer showing.

Have you at least tried a 'reset' in the content cooker ?

• oldsnake Reset has solved the problem. I bought lots of stuff in the last sale and normal cooking seems not to be good enough when I install alot of new content?

Komplettes Cooking hat mein Problem gelöst. Anscheinend ist das nötig, wenn man viel neues Zeug installiert hat.

Benjamin Franklin

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tom87 ()

• tom87 - genau das habe ich eben gemeint. Ich denke, man muss von Zeit zu Zeit mal so ein "grosses Kochen" machen ;) Schön, dass es jetzt bei dir auch klappt.

• One function that I hope will also (eventually - not in the short term) be incorporated in RWE2 is a powerful search function. Like in TS (where a general search function also exists, although it is notoriously unreliable) it should be possible to search for "1S13", "TGV" or "186" and easily find the relevant scenarios incorporating that scheduled service or that specific rolling stock.

A start already exists within the "route selection" menu, whereas it is possible to search for routes on the basis of, I believe, elements of the route name. This works well. [As the content explorer also lists all intermediate stations, one might eventually expect also to be able to search for these (e.g. search for "Valence" and and obtain "Lyon-Marseille" - this is more a nice-to-have however and not likely to be important for most users].

A general scenario search function does not sit easily within the structure of the RWE2 interface where one first selects a route and then a scenario. For this reason, I would see a generalised search function as being more of a long-term addition to RWE2. But precisely because of the problematic nature of searching in TS, I do hope that one day we will have this.

• For me it seems RWE2 doesn't save the settings made for "Gameplay" correctly. I disabled the Station PIS, but when I start a new session it is enabled. This happens for me every time. The setting for the Onboard PIS seems to be saved permanently.