[Christrains] NS ICRm Wagons + BR 186

• Ich hoffe, dass mir diese auch möglichst lange erspart bleibt.

Hierzulande wollte auch niemand, aber jetzt will keiner verzichten. ETCS, vor allem im Level 2, macht meiner Ansicht nach jede Fahrt deutlich angenehmer und wenn du nicht fährst wie ein Berserker dann verfärbt sich da im Tacho auch nichts. ETCS zeigt fahrteinschränkende Signale, Geschwindigkeitsbrüche genauso wie Steigungen, HS Aus, etc... einfach deutlich früher (oder überhaupt) als die LZB. Außerdem läuft zumindest in Österreich ETCS wesentlich zuverlässiger als LZB. Ja und sicherer als PZB ist ETCS im FS Modus natürlich auch.

• Mich stört am meisten, dass ich beim Ausfall des ETCS-Rechners nicht auf die PZB zurückgreifen kann weil die kaskadiert unter dem ETCS läuft. ETCS gestört = PZB gestört = Vmax 50 km/h. Betriebsbehindernd. Besser wäre es, bei gestörtem ETCS wenigstens mit PZB weiterfahren zu können.

• Mich stört am meisten, dass ich beim Ausfall des ETCS-Rechners nicht auf die PZB zurückgreifen kann weil die kaskadiert unter dem ETCS läuft. ETCS gestört = PZB gestört = Vmax 50 km/h. Betriebsbehindernd. Besser wäre es, bei gestörtem ETCS wenigstens mit PZB weiterfahren zu können.

I apologize for replying in English, but my written German is not nearly good enough to be understandable (I'm from the Netherlands) ;)

When the PZB/LZB is integrated as a STM module to ETCS, it is basically ETCS/EVC doing the job all the time, while the STM module translates the PZB/LZB commands to understandable ETCS equivalents.
    It depends on what is actually technically happening.
    If the EVC fails, it will not be possible to continue with PZB, as the main computer has failed. But that should only happen in exceptional circumstances and hasn't happened to me for a very long time.
    If it happens frequently, that is simply a software bug and it should be resolved.
    We had a bug on the 186 that caused the EVC to crash, but that one is resolved with the current software version 9.
    When it is just a problem with ERTMS/ETCS itself, like a RBC connection error or a balise read error, there shouldn't be any problem to continue with PZB/LZB or any other safety system, as it is only the ERTMS/ETCS component that has an issue.
    When that happens frequently, there is usually a problem with the tracks and the placement of eurobalises, or with the GSM-R connection strenght, and that should be solved accordingly.

I drive almost on a daily basis on ERTMS tracks in the Netherlands, and I can say that I have no issues with ERTMS itself. It is a clear and easy to understand safety system and when it is implemented correctly on both the train as on the track's side, it's a great system to work with.

• Also die 187er bei mir im Betrieb lässt beim ETCS-Störschalter auch keine PZB zu, diese ist dann auch mit Störschalter autom. abgeschaltet.

Ja, das ist natürlich blöd. Bei uns in Deutschland aber egal...weil es nur eine Strecke mit ETCS gibt und die hat keine Signale und keine PZB. Von daher auch egal...

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
    Benjamin Franklin

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tom87 ()

• Ok just to jump in and try to answer a couple of questions here :)
    (1) I'm trying to add an emulation of ETCS so that Dutch players can get a better sense of the safety system when driving on the HSL (high speed line) in Holland (where ETCS is used)
    (2) It's a "passive" system like my ATB - in that it does NOT require any track signalling in the route. This means it will work on ANY route. Whilst this isn't technically correct, it's why I call these systems "emulations" not "simulations". I have to make some assumptions, and work within the limits of what is possible in the game, but a "passive" ATB system has been extremely popular with the Dutch players because it means the route builders don't need to do anything special and it functions about 90% accurate to the real world. My ETCS emulation will be similar (but there's just no way to do the ETCS planning screen).

The biggest challenge in the limits of TS2018 is making circular graphs like the ones needed to traction / braking, and the distance and overspeed graphs in the ETCS screen. The game does not have any built-in way of making these - all you can do is translate and rotate different things in the cab and try to make all the instruments using just those two methods. Normally, for levers, brake gauges etc, this isn't a problem. But when you're trying to replicate an LCD screen it becomes incredibly difficult to do.

I won't even try to explain the problems I've had to overcome just to get this far, but lets just say I wouldn't wish this level of complexity in a cab display on my worst enemy :D

Anyway - I'm going to tune the system a little bit and perhaps see if I can add a little more functionality, but I think for most players, even a 75% working ETCS emulation will be more fun than nothing at all :D

• Any chance for a marker like the LZB marker wich automatically activates or deactivates the ETCS so that a route or scenario builder could determine where the ETCS starts or ends? @ChrisTrains

Oooh. I like that idea. I'll have to see about adding that towards the end of the project.

• Schade das ich noch keine ETCS Ausbildung habe, bisher ist es in Deutschland ja wirklich wenig im Einsatz. Glaube Balisen gibt es nur zwischen Stuttgart und Singen/Konstanz(!?) ... Und eben Neubaustrecke Nüberberg nach Berlin. Andere sind mir derzeit nicht bekannt.

Du hast die Wuppertaler Schwebebahn vergessen. *duck und weg* :D

Weichenzungen haben wenig zu sagen, sind dafür aber richtungsweisend.

• Es gibt Neuigkeiten!

86 : First version of the handbook completed. Going for editing now. 66 pages!
    186: Eerste versie van de handleiding gereed. Gaat nu voor editing. 66 paginas!

Übersetzt:
    186: erste Version des Handbuchs abgeschlossen. Ich gehe jetzt zum bearbeiten. 66 Seiten!
    Dazu gab es auch 3 Bilder: Die Bilder sind hier und hier zufinden! (Link 1 Chris seine Seite und Link 2 seine Facebook Seite.(Grund dafür ist, dass die Bilder sonst viel zu groß wären.))

Ich bin mal gespannt wie die ETCS ist... :ugly:

• I have a reasonable emulation (not simulation) of ETCS modes SR, FS, override and SH. Also with scenery objects to communicate ETCS modes to the train :)
    I've been working with a couple of drivers for the last month to try to get it as close to reality as possible within the limits of the game.