Bahnknoten Seddin - Several Questions

• I'd like to ask several questions about the Seddin pack before the purchase please.

1. So far I've been holding myself back as I read about quite a few bugs here on the forum (scenarios cannot be run etc.), therefore I'd better get the pack once the first patch addressing the issues is out. Any idea when it could be?

2. How tough is the main Seddin area on framerates? Is it too demanding or is it just something similar to the rest of the B-W route?

3. Just out of curiosity - is the B-W route required to run it or Seddin acts as a standalone add-on? Some say Seddin includes the whole B-W, some say it just references its objects.

4. One last small one - the original price as planned was 14.95, however I see 15.95 in the shop - was the price increased? Wouldn't be the first time a different price is shown depending on what part of the world you live in... I don't care about 1 Euro, of course, just curious... :)

And one special question to Jan about B-W:

5. Maik complained several times about the status of LZB implementaton on this route and I have to confirm the new 120 EL does not run OK on it. Would there be any chance you guys can sync on this so that the issues can be fixed? It is a shame you cannot use the latest vR locos (103, 120) on what is otherwise a great route - PZB implementation is one of the best available - if not the best.

Thank you very much!

• 1. We don't know when BahnJan releases the first Patch for the route.
    2. The framrate in Seddin is similar to the rest of the route.
    3. B-W is required for Seddin.
    4. Yes you are right. The price was increased. Maybe more work than he planned

5. I can't answer this question because it is for Maik :)

Regards
    Supergamer11267

• Thank you very much for your answers. I was hoping that (1) could be answered by Jan directly. BTW are the current bugs too serious? Is it better to wait until they are all fixed?

For (5) I will probably re-post in the general commercial add-ons section so it catches both Jan's and Maik's attention.

Thanks a lot again.

• Well, it isn't neccessary to wait for the patch. The issues which exist in the moment aren't that severe. The biggest issue is that the catenary is missing at some points. In addition, a signal is missing.
    But Jan will fix it as soon as possible, I suppose.

Regards alias203

• At 4.: One guess for the increase was your question about a manual in English. Jan used a professional translator on this and such a person is quite costly thus increasing the overall project cost. Which, divided by the estimated quantities could well be an Euro on top...

Cheers
    Norbert

• Sorry for that then, I just asked :) EN manual is nice to have, but I really did not require it...

On the contrary having the manual in EN could well increase Jan's sales so he could have the money for the traslation back pretty fast. I think he should create EN version of the shop, too.

• English version of shop is online.I've forgotten to add the app (btw, I don't know if app is a German term with english pronounciation or if it is used as shortcut for "application" in English too) with the two flags for German and English language...

Cheers, Jan

• As suggested - re-posting here.

Hello,

So I finally purchased this. Hope this thread is the right place to report any issues discovered. Please note I am using the latest 1.1 patch.

Here we go:

1. Seems like the train announcements work only when German language is set in TS. Is there a way to make them work with English? I don't mind they are in German, they certainly add to the atmoshere.

2. Another thing is when EN language is set you also don't hear the whistle when doors are closing (so you have to check the F3 HUD to see if passenger boarding has finished). With DE you can hear the whistle alright. I noticed this in the first scenario with BR111.

3. BahnknotenSeddin_grosseKarte.pdf is only available under manuals/DE and not EN as the EN manual claims... just a note, this is not an issue of course. The problem is that the page edges in that file seem to be cut and the file therefore does not show the whole Seddin yard, you can see it in the upper right corer - hopefully not an issue with my Adobe Reader, I should have the latest version.

• I posted these questions yesterday in the vT support forum here, but it is my observation that Jan tracks this thread more than the vT section. The questions were following:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1. Seems like the train announcements work only when German language is set in TS. Is there a way to make them work with English? I don't mind they are in German, they certainly add to the atmoshere.

2. Another thing is when EN language is set you also don't hear the whistle when doors are closing (so you have to check the F3 HUD to see if passenger boarding has finished). With DE you can hear the whistle alright. I noticed this in the first scenario with BR111.

3. BahnknotenSeddin_grosseKarte.pdf is only available under manuals/DE and not EN as the EN manual claims... just a note, this is not an issue of course. The problem is that the page edges in that file seem to be cut and the file therefore does not show the whole Seddin yard, you can see it in the upper right corer - hopefully not an issue with my Adobe Reader, I should have the latest version.
    ------------------------------------------------------

I already have an answer to (1) and (2) - you need to replicate all "de" folders under every scneario's directory to "en" ones. But this is probably of no interest to the audience here.

However point (3) stays - do you also get this or the Seddin diagram looks OK for you? I attach a screenshot to show what I'm referring to.

• @jstange

The Add On is currently provided for german users and contains only german language.

For now i can say that we work for an update/upgrade to make things better...tecnical and optical.
    Let us see what we can do to provide EN Language in it. But please be patient...we are working on it.
    Sorry for discrepancies.

Cheers!

• Thanks for your answer - I just already re-posted this to the commenrcial add-ons section.

I already found a workaround to make the announcements work - please see above. I already tried two scenarios and it worked flawlessly. I was not asking for having these messages in English, I think they should stay in German. :)

• Please look at my picture attached above: the diagram seems cut in the upper right and lower left corners - if you open the pdf and enlarge it you even can see the text is cut in the middle - I don't believe it was meant to be this way... ?