RW Enhancer 2 erschienen

• Dear oldsnake,

I often like to use the length and mass data of a consist which you implemented to my convenience. But there seems to be a difference in showing the correct data. In RWE2 on the scenario page I can read something like: length 135 m and mass 288 t. When sitting in the train in TS I open the Service Sheet and I read mismatching data in mass and length of the consist. This can be very different. Which are the correct data?

• Dear oldsnake, RWE2 was always perfekt on my system, but since the last update I have some problems: there are routes missing in the drive menu and sometimes RWE2 is finishing the task immediately after starting a scenario.

Perhaps you have a solution for this.

Thanks and many greetings

• With the enhanced logging of the next update it will be easier to find why content is not loaded correctly. Usually it's because there is some file corruption in TS .bin files. TS is loading them regardless (but it is a very bad idea from DTG. In fact some TS editor crashes is caused by this) but RWE 2 is more strict about this so if there is a corrupted file in a route, RWE 2 will not load it. Thank you for your patience, the next update should give me more information to see what is going wrong here.

You would not believe how many things I have already coded for handling TS .bin files random issues :D

The cooking system by itself is already 11489 lines of code.

I tried a few things

After deleting RWE2 and reinstalling it i still can't find the route Hagen Siegen v3 in the drive menu. All other routes are fine.

I found out that C:\Program Files\RW Enhancer 2\Cooking\CookedData\Routes\9cac1720-316c-4a01-a3e6-8c594df5452f doesn't contain any data, the directory is empty.

All other route directories are filled with a route.xml and scenario.xml files.

Hagen Siegen V3 route and scenarios can be played without any problems when running TS without using RWE2.

• If the directory is empty it is because there was an issue while reading blueprints XML files so this route is not cooked by RWE 2. With the next version you will know what is going wrong with this route thanks to the new logging and debug utilities. Also, RWE 2 is using SERZ.exe in order to decompile .bin files into readable XML data and this program (made by Kuju/DTG) is sometimes buggy and is producing broken XML syntax. So i'm not helped by DTG tools either (once again).

zgcs Issue was fixed by himself, it was like I suspected, a conflict with anti-virus program... Acronis antivirus software.

Dear oldsnake,

I often like to use the length and mass data of a consist which you implemented to my convenience. But there seems to be a difference in showing the correct data. In RWE2 on the scenario page I can read something like: length 135 m and mass 288 t. When sitting in the train in TS I open the Service Sheet and I read mismatching data in mass and length of the consist. This can be very different. Which are the correct data?

Hello, the length and mass data shown in service sheet while a scenario is active take more things in account like the loaded fuel mass and loaded wagons mass for example that's why it can be different from what is displayed in the menu. This data is directly provided in realtime by train simulator. while the data displayed in menus is computed by reading engines/wagons cooked static data.

Do you have also length differences between the two source of data or just mass ?

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von oldsnake () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by oldsnake into this post.

• I solved my problem with Hagen Siegen V3. One of the scenarios was causing this trouble. After deleting the content in the scenario folder "RailWorks\Content\Routes\9cac1720-316c-4a01-a3e6-8c594df5452f\Scenarios" and restarting RWE2, the route was visible again in the RWE2 "route selection" menu.

because I kept putting a backup of this scenario folder back after the reinstallation, the problem persisted. I downloaded a "fresh" scenario and it works like before.

Thanks for the excellent support and pointing to the solution. :thumbsup:

• my route Berlin - Wittenberg is now disappeared in rw enhancer 2 when i want to choose it

i installed the free BR 481 for that route maybe it has something to do with it ?

• Do you have also length differences between the two source of data or just mass ?

Hi, the differences are in both length and mass. I think length and mass are both a bit higher in value on the service sheet. But now it isn't important for me anymore. I will just take the data from service sheet and I'll be fine with it. Thank you very much for your answer.

• My problem isn't solved yet. I deleted the scenarios from Hagen Siegen V3, then I've installed the route again. But it is still missing in RWE2.

I think the problem is caused by the scenarios that come with the route by default. After installing the route, remove these 6 scenarios and then check in RWE2 whether you can select the route.

• Johmathema I'm working on a fix for this, if you would like to test it please contact me by private message on RW Central ("RWCentral" username).

The fix should be ready if anyone is voluntary to try it please contact me by private message. I would need some testing before releasing it :)

HOTFIX 0.8.2.2 is now available :)

* IMPORTANT: Due to fixes in the content cooking system, a full cooking is required after installing this update

- Fixed routes not being cooked correctly while they were previously available and cooked without issues

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von oldsnake () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by oldsnake into this post.

• Sorry for this issue, glad it is now solved. Modifying the cooking system always can lead to some unexpected things due to all assets variations and complexity that can be found for TS :)

Must say that the German and Dutch community of RWE 2 is awesome, i got some great support and constructive feedback from you guys so a big thank you :thumbup:

• guten Abend,

Seit dem vorletzten Update von RWe2 zeigt der Geschichtenerzähler beim Starten eines Quik-Drive-Szenarios an, dass Sie xx Meter von der Depat-Station entfernt sind, obwohl Sie sich an den Docks befinden.

Einsteigen von Passagieren ist daher nicht mehr möglich, kein grüner Männchen ... im RWe2-Einsatz

(bonsoir,

depuis l avant derniére mise à jour de RWe2 , lorsque l on lance un scenario quik drive, le conteur indique que l on est à xx metres de la gare de depat , alors que l on est bien à quais.

il n'est donc plus possible d'embarquer les passager, pas de petit bonhomme vert ... dans l 'encart RWe2)

fred belgien

• hello,

is it possible to get more sharpness then the factor 1000.000 ?

i want that that the backround is also so sharp as possible

it seems that when i set the AA settings in NVI it doesnt affect the game.

any ideas to make the game sharper ?

cheers

edit: i have now better sharpness with this settings + rw enhancer 2

some example pics of the old route berlin - wittenberg

• seit dem letzten Update ist für mich das Programm nicht mehr nutzbar .Die Ladezeiten sind nicht akzeptabel , habe nach 20 Minunten abgebrochen . Was könnte der Auslöser dafür sein ?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GH 32,0 GB Geforce GTX 1060 3GB windows 11 prof 64 bit