DTG/RSC German route patch for 3D trees, platforms and sky
After fixing Koblenz-Trier (Koblenz-Trier mini grass and sky patch), the DTG/RSC route were looking so fade. So I decide to fix them all. I wanted a very small patch which did not overload memory and did not impact the performances. Radiomaster Vegetation pack is very nice and match my wishes. I would like to thanks Radiomaster who allow me to use a part of his 3D vegetation pack and Schienenbus who get in touch with him for the request.
IMPORTANT: This patch requires the LGV: Marseille - Avignon Route.
- version 1.1 22/05/2017 : added Radiomaster 3D trees for Semmering / fix platform character for RhineValley1
- version 1.2 10/09/2017 : added Wutachtalbahn
What does the patch?
- Changes the TimeOfDay to have the nicer Kuju clouds
- Switches the DTG/RSC 3D trees with the Radiomaster ones
- Includes an improved version of the trees GeoPcDx that avoid visible LOD changing
- Uses 26 characters grouped in 4 sets of 12 wearing seasonal clothes
- Increases the number of characters on platforms
- Sets the same sound level for level crossings
- Works for the following routes:
- RSC Munich Augsburg
- RSC Hamburg Hannover
- RSC Munich Garmisch
- DTG Cologne Koblenz
- DTG RhineValley1 (aka Mannheim Karlsruhe)
- DTG Munich Rosenheim
- DTG Hamburg Lubeck
- DTG Semmering
- DTG Mittenwald
- DTG Wutachtalbahn
- First, make a backup of the routes (Assets and Content)
- Unpack the 7z files
- Use utilities to install the rwp or unpack the rwp and past it in your game folder
- Overwrite older files
There is different way to remove the patch:
- Restore a backup of the routes Assets and Content
- Delete the route and use steam to check game content
- If you haven’t unpacked the AP, you can easily spot and remove the files from the patch.
Installed and modified files
The following files are added to the game:
- Assets\Radiomaster\objekt.ap. It contains the Radiomaster improved trees. If you already have the Radiomaster vegetation pack, please, unpack the objekt.ap to overwrite older GeoPcDx.
- Assets\Provider\RouteName\TimeOfDay\season.bin. One file for each season to use the Kuju weather and clouds. The patch only changes 2D weathers.
- Assets\Provider\RouteName\ Scenery\Vegetation\trees_names.bin. Those files point to the Radiomaster vegetation instead of the DTG/RSC.
- Assets\Provider\RouteName\ Scenery\Characters2014\PlatformCharacters.bin. Those two files point to the LGVMedSouth characters instead of the DTG/RSC.
- Assets\Provider\RouteName\ Audio\RailNetwork\LevelCrossings. The .dav file set the same sound for level crossing.
The following files are changed:
- Content\Routes\000000xx-0000-0000-0000-0000000020xx\. The RouteProperties.xml is changed to add DTG and Radiomaster as providers.
Not all routes have all files. All files added/replaced by the patch v1.1 have 22/05/2017 00:00 creation time.
If you have the default routes, there will be any issue with the patch. So for most users, this section is not important.
If you have already edited your routes to add providers, your changes will be lost. But if you have already add providers, you know how to fix: just add them again. This patch needs DTG LGVMedSouth and Radiomaster object as providers to work. For information, here is a sample off what is added to the end of the file (sample is CologneKoblenz RouteProperties.xml).
Patch needs line 6 to 13 to work.
- In some locations, some branches go over the track
- Any other report for now
- Required Payware
- Required Freeware