My wish is that those who make deluxe routes would keep the original markers. If they did, every scenario made for one version would work for the other.
That´s the whole point of a deluxe route. It´s cloned route where all the wrong stuff is changed for purpose of realism. That includes wrong and fictional markers.
Let me give you HH - H as an example. There is yet a deluxe version coming on RWA. So what version am i supposed to make a Real Drive for?
Yes, that is a tricky one. I´m only seeing scenarios for RWA Version the last couple of months... but I´m part of the team on that update. So I´m biased about that one.
The only version i can reliably trust will always be there, is the original. Again, if the creators of those deluxe routes didn’t erase the original markers, every scenario ever made would work, and everyone, including me(!!!) would be happy.
Again, that is not possible... I just went on a "deep dive" last night on Discord for 4 hours with the main guy doing german route updates and I have worked on some myself. Tracks are relaid in many places, signal positions are changed to what they are in reality etc. It´s not just about markers.
Take note of the brilliant deluxe version of the Brennerbahn from fsclips . It has all the original markers, and every scenario ever built works on it.
For some routes this works out ... but others are so wrong and unbearable in the original version, that all the above mentioned stuff gets changed.
Kim, I can give you some info and guide you towards certain routes, that very likely won´t change and that maybe can have shot at for test purposes. At the moment there is a bunch of routes beeing worked on:
- Köln-Koblenz V2 is getting an update very soon. Don´t touch that one! From I gather, that will be final version though. May be worth looking in to that great route after release of the upcoming version.
- RSSLO Passau-Regensburg also has a community Update coming soon.
- S-Bahn Hamburg, Pegnitzalbahn and Straßbourg-Karlsruhe are also beeing worked on.
- Hagen-Siegen V4 was also announced at one point.
Whats left? I would say "München-Garmisch Deluxe", "München-Rosenheim Reloaded", "Nürnberg-Regensburg Deluxe" and "Allgäubahn Reloaded" are save bets. They have all been online and unchanged for a couple of years now...and all four are stunning routes.
Maybe ask 3dzug the same question. Why don’t they make scenarios for deluxe versions?
People have in the past .... as a payware producer they can´t point people towards the complicated to install freeware updates. But I´m not trying to convince anyone... Once you go Deluxe, you never go back. Even if no one makes anything for the routes, I would rather make my own then return to the old ones.