There has been some discussion on UKTS about the role of these loks in the second world war. For completeness I will post the response from the author here;
I cannot and will not force you to take any interest in any product we ever make, nor to buy it, but I will simply echo rkk01's and holzroller's comments. Especially so regarding the specific wagons, rather than locos. We all know that the 52ers were, like the 50ers and 42ers, intended as the German equivalent of our Austerity locos, they were used for far more than trains to concentration camps. In fact, having searched for photographs of these trains, I have found only a single one that actually includes a locomotive: which is not a 52er.
The included vehicles are intended to represent the basic functions and needs of the German war machine, just as those included with the Q1, S160 et al are intended to represent the British, Soviet etc ones. Russia, for example, committed, for a much longer period, terrible atrocities on an even larger scale with the gulags et al - and yet I saw no comments regarding this when Pete (Victory Works) announced Russian vehicles, tanks, etc as part of the S160 pack. I appreciate that the acts committed in this period by the German state and their armies are far more discussed and still more prominent, but even so, I hope you understand my point, there.
What with this being a German loco, hopefully it is quite obvious that this is intended to be a wholly serious and legitimate project, rather than intending to be contentious. We have specifically not included any vehicles or loads that could be linked to the terrible actions you refer to because we are well aware that would be absolutely tasteless and have no interest in causing offence or giving ourselves a bad name. The sole intention is to be able to give a good representation of the period with vehicles that would be of interest to those who like military history etc. I, myself, have long had a personal fascination with the history of the german political party at that time and the German side of WW2 - but that absolutely does not mean in any sense at all that I will or would ever condone a single thing they ever did. Goodness, no - but I still find the subject interesting. We were taught about it extensively in school. I find I am not alone - in fact, I have been told by several people that they will buy the pack purely because of the inclusion of the Tiger I! It is a period of history that, while incredibly unfortunate, is very much real, and no amount of hushing or censorship et al will ever change that fact. As previously stated, no wartime insignia of any description - whether original or modified - will be included in the pack as you download it after purchasing it from the publisher. The wartime loco will simply be grey with numbers on it. If you have no interest in the wartime insignia, then keep it as it is - if you do, and you live in a country where it is legal to do so, then you will be able to freely acquire a patch to add the relevant insignia to the locomotive.
The focus is, by no means, on the wartime period intentionally - you cannot seriously say that there is not already a great selection of existing passenger and freight stock suitable for the vast majority of post-war operation of these locomotives, so we thought we would include something that hasn't been done yet, rather than simply duplicating existing content. Furthermore, as previously stated, we have been planning to investigate and hopefully recreate some of the domestic repurposing of the wagons we are including, but at this stage, that work has not been done.
Dependant on the success of this initial pack, we seek to return to the 52ers in future; for those who are interested we will likely make a pack with more wartime variants, perhaps with a SSys wagon and other vehicles, and we also seek to make many of the modified versions post-war, as well as the Rekoloks. Again, this all depends on the success of this pack.
Hopefully you now have a better understanding of our position on this, and the relevant facts, but ultimately, it is entirely up to you to form your own opinion based on this information.