Is there any documentation on Signals SBB route 1

• Hi!

I am working on a fictional Swiss route. I use the signals from Simtrain's SBB route.

I understand some of the signals but do not get what the 'grp' signals do, how to place them and why there is an 'e' behind some descriptions and some more signals are unclear to me. ?(

Does anybody know if there is a description or manual about these signals? Or maybe someone can make one?

I hope you can help me out here.

Paul

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"

• Still one other question:

How do I place a CH 3Li 2T 1E signal? I thought it could be used when 2 tracks converge in 1 (1 Exit)? But I have no idea how to place the links...

Or do I need another set of signals for this? ( I tried the 1T signals but they don't seem to stop the train long enough. The waiting train is starting to move too fast so it runs into the back of the train that just passed the switch...

Video

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TrainworX () aus folgendem Grund: Added video

• I don't know anything about the naming conventions of the sbb signals. Maybe you could take a look at the sbb route itself?

But my experiences from the german semaphore signals are as follows:
    A -so called- 2T1E signal is used for 2 Tracks ("2T") with one of them as a dead end siding with a buffer stop at the end ("1E" => Exit).
    Signals of this type have usally special signalisations like a shunt signal or similar which will be used if the dead end track should be used.

The Link_Zero has to be placed at the signal itself.
    The 1st Link ("1") hast to be placed at the ordinary/normal track.
    The 2nd link is the "Exit"-link and has to be placed on the dead end siding.

Exit-Links are always the last numbered links in the series of links.

F.e. a 3T2E will have link_1 at the ordinary track and with both link_2 and link_3 for sidings only.

Egal, wie weit Draußen man die Wahrheit über Bord wirft, irgendwann wird sie irgendwo an Land gespült.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Prelli ()

• Ok, that is now clear to me. Thank you.

Maybe the problem in the video is caused by something else then?

The signal stays red but the train starts to move anyway?

Any idea what could cause this?

• Sorry, I missed your Video until now.

It seems you have a broken signal block here.
    This can be caused by either faulty signals, broken switches/junctions, misplaced links, wrong types of signals and so on.

It's difficult to find your specific error without more information.
    Maybe you could make a 2nd video out of the world editor in which you show the signal links and track segments of the problematic area.

Egal, wie weit Draußen man die Wahrheit über Bord wirft, irgendwann wird sie irgendwo an Land gespült.

• No problem, I have made a 2nd video in the editor mode showing the problem area. The signals are straightforward CH 3Li 1T´s. I have tried some others with the same effect

Video 2

I cannot find any obvious problems. Hope you can :)

• Weird, I can't find an error either.
    Are there any other disfunctional signals on your route or only the both shown in the videos?

Trial and error:
    Replace the problematic signals for testing purposes with a german HV from the new HV-Signals or with a german Semaphore ("DEs_" not "DE_") by the Signalteam.

I would recommend two pieces of either
    HV-Signals: "ST_HV_HS_1T" (Provider: "Schuster/Signalteam")
    or
    Semaphore: DEs_Sem_HP_1T (Provider "Kuju/RailSimulator")

Please do not use the originals made by Kuju ("DE_"). They are known as problematic.

• What is really strange is that the train stops at first for the red signal while the other signal is green. So that all seems OK.
    But then after a while it just starts moving through the red signal.

I will follow your advice and play around with some DE signals and maybe even replace the switch.. I'll let you know the result.

• Ki-Trains do not respect red Signals. If the switch is set to the right direction and the block behind the Signal Link 0 is free, KI-Trains are starting. This is a basic bug in RW from beginning on.
    Vou can set a Marker bevor the Signal and give the KI-Train a waiting Time.
    StS

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

• Ok! That is it then! I really didn't know that... Luckily I can stop trying to fix this now :)
    The things I did try already (other signals, replacing switch etc.) didn't make a difference but that is now logical.

Thanx for your help (both)!