Since I’m actively developing IKB4, I’ve run into a situation during the development process where the links from the signals need to be placed much farther away than the point where it makes sense to stop the speed limit from Zs3.
After studying the issue in detail, the only way to do this at the moment (as I learned) is to move the links to the end of the first switch ends, where the speed needs to be redefined. And immediately after these switch ends, install virtual signals. But in this case, traffic will spill into the rail bottleneck and block other paths.
To be more specific, I have an exit Ks with a limit of 40 across both outputs.
The station is designed in such a way that the links need to be placed very far from the signal itself, in places where the 40‑km/h limit is no longer needed. As a result, trains have to crawl along at a speed of 40 for a very long time.
Ideally, I would have to set Zs3 roughly like this, and that’s it - the train leaves the switch zone and can go 120. But in reality, this signal cannot override the speed limit set by the signal, meaning the engine still maintains the 40‑km/h limit until the train passes the link from the signal.
All I want is to understand how to make Zs3 actually affect the speed limit from the signal. As far as I understand, the scheme with virtual signals is very complicated and can break the entire signaling system in terms of how it works with traffic.