[K-Trains] BR 186

• Update is now available at shop. Simply redownload installation file and click on Patch button. Please also update the skin pack, otherwise it won´t work.

Changelog

• Corrections of traction adhesion
    • LZB Befehl40 corrected
    • ETCS transitions to/from ATB and PZB corrected
    • ATB icon is now hidden when it should be
    • Both pantos now raise automatically only under 1.5kV
    • Added 600A limit in Germany
    • Corrected some bugs during ETCS SoM
    • PZB regime now depends on set brake percents
    • ZWS now works through UIC wagons
    • Added LZB switch
  • The loco is really excellent (I haven't tried the update yet!).

Perhaps the run sounds in the outside view are a bit on the quiet side...? Kal000px don't you think? Other similar locos are like thunder when they pass around you, not this one...

EDIT: What about adding some version numbering to the file name so that one immediately knows if the version for download is indeed newer?

• Kal000px Thank you for the update, the traction physics are now much better. Though it´s still a bit off in the slipping departement: I made a test scenario pulling roughly 1300t on flat ground in summer and clear sky. Beforre the update I was only able to 150 kN traction before it started slipping (regardless of the speed), now it´s 200kN. Though it´s stil slipping if you go slightly over that, also regadless of speed. I get wheelslip over if 200kN at 10 or at 100 km/h. I think the possibility of wheelslip should decrease the higher speed you have.

Second thing I´ve noticed is that if you get a PZB interaction like confirming a 1000Hz magnet, the yellow field with "Überwachung XX Km/h" shoud appear immediately after "Wachsam" is pressed and not after some time as it´s now.

Also the reinstall via patch broke the already installed repaint pack: Lights were on and the displays showed funky stuff. Has there been a update for them too?

Lastly when in LZB in the field above the distance indicator the distance to the next speed increase or decrease regading your train is displayed in numeric if it´s over the 4000m whicch arre on teh scale. Mostly this ranges out to 9900m and will cout down when an new speed restriction has been identified.

LG. Schwarzwaldbahner

EiB - Fahrweg; DB InfraGO Südwest, Karlsruhe

• Schwarzwaldbahner Wheelslip should be according to adhesive characteristics, adhesive force decreases with increasing speed and so does traction force, so it seems that chance of wheelslip is lower.

Uberwachung bar appears when it is active and PZB observes that speed. When you are braking, it isn´t showing. I am not sure whether this is 100% correct though.

Yes, the skin package was also updated due to addition of LZB switch control. ;)

• Also thanks for the update... just so fast.

Now, that so many technical things are done much more well, it´s time for some cosmetics.

I would like to see better looking screens. It looks all like a cheap black with no contrasts to the frames. Have a look at the MFD´s from Virtual Railroads. Thre are slightly gray/bueish tints

in their backgrounds that indicates or fake an outgoing lighteffect from the screens. This looks a lot more realistic. Or do an output from Ebuladesingner in darkest mode to have an idea, what color looks good. Hope that can be done, either.

But Thanks for now, again...

RalleE

• Kal000px I think the possibility of wheelslip should decrease the higher speed you have.

This is not 100% correct, adhesion is lower at high speeds so if the locomotive can develop the same tractive effort at a higher speed then the likelihood of getting a wheelslip is increased. The only reason why wheel slip happens less often at high speed is due to the locomotive power not being able to achieve full force.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm interested in the clasp brake (block brake I think it's called in the manual) physics of the locomotive. Is this achieved by decrease the brake controller (in the sim I mean) with higher speed, according to a curve? If this is the case I think wagons have to be recalibrated with higher brake force to get the correct BrH.

• Kal000px Great, could you please do the same for the reskin pack (adding version numbering)?

Additionally, I had a question about the run sounds as heard from outside - do you think they are loud enough? Compared to other similar locos, I'd probably be for increasing their volume a bit...

• Ich habe nach wie vor das Problem, dass sich nach der Levelauswahl "LZB/PZB" nach Bestätigung der Enter-Taste keine Bereitschaftsanzeige B auf dem Display zeigt und Störung angegeben wird, obwohl ich Reihenfolge des Anleitungsvideos eingehalten habe. Nach der ETCS Bremsprobe erscheint auch auf dem mittleren Display kein blaues Feld mit den ETCS-Hinweisen. Hat jemand ein ähnliches Problem?

• IRE612 Try looking into My account page in different language. I have to solve this out, but if You put product to basket in czech page translation and perform checkout in english or vice versa, You will receive email without download link. Simply switching languages should work. Anyways, I will resend You email with download link just in case.

Thanks for feedback!

tcb262 Hast du eine Vorwärtsrichtung?