[ChrisTrains] Stadler Flirt 3 Nederlandse Spoorwegen ; Randstadnet ; Südwest-Express V2.0

Abonniere unseren Kanal auf WhatsApp (klicke hier zum abonnieren).
  • Well to be fair my textures are "only" 2048x2048 to get as much as possible in. But the Flirt has so many different wagon versions that I had to use more than one texture to capture all 5 wagons :)

My German is non-existent - please be patient :whistling:

• So I took advantage of the sale as well and bought the Flirt 3, my first purchase from ChrisTrains. Excellent model indeed, I would just welcome if the cab windows were clear rather than have that grey tint (I understand this is intentional, I just don't like when models use this); additionally I applied the sound mod from this site which I like more than the original sound.

However I found one issue with the sound mod, one of the Fahrmotor sounds have a wrong loop which was causing crackling. You can even hear it in the author's video. Although I fixed it I of course cannot publish it as the file is not mine. I may try to contact the sound mod author regarding this.

By the way for those who'd like to fix it themselves: the affected file is "Fahrmotor v6.wav".

• It would be nice too, if you don't use everytime the same folder for all products (ChrisTrains/RailSimulator).
    Why you don't do it like this: ChrisTrains/Flirt3 or ChrisTrains/NS6400 and so on?
    I don't get it. Why do you put everything in the same folder and generate problems like we had in the past with too big Kuju/RailSimulator folders?

Ganz liebe Grüße an alle meine Fans im Forum!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Quality-Pöbel since 2011

• It would be nice too, if you don't use everytime the same folder for all products (ChrisTrains/RailSimulator).
    Why you don't do it like this: ChrisTrains/Flirt3 or ChrisTrains/NS6400 and so on?
    I don't get it. Why do you put everything in the same folder and generate problems like we had in the past with too big Kuju/RailSimulator folders?

I use all the same folder for convenience. When making a scenario you can check one provider and have everything show up. This might have been a poor choice early on but I can't change it now as it would break all the consists and scenarios that have been written in the last 5 years (changing the path to the models would break all the links). Also - just checking the folder in the scenario editor doesn't consume memory. The only time memory gets used is when one of the items is actually loaded in the game.

If I had been thinking, in 2012 when I started doing this again, I would also have prefixed all my models with "CT" to make them easy to find when making scenarios.....
    Technically I probably can still do this change because just changing the name doesn't affect the paths.

• It´s unterstandable that you don´t want to change the path for projects which have been released but it should be possible for the new project, shouldn´t it?
    The RailSimulator Folder is simply reduntant.

The only time memory gets used is when one of the items is actually loaded in the game.

That´s known but that´s not the main problem. If a player have got many products from your shop it could be difficult to differentiate the locos because one can´t differentiate if this loco is from ChrisTrains or from another producer or to which ChrisTrains pack it belongs. In this way quickly it could be a mess using ChrisTrains content in scenarios.

Generally I don´t understand the sense of the "RailSimulator" folder.

• This is why I'm considering adding "CT" to the beginning of the names. So in scenarios, the engines would show up as (for example) : "CT Stadler Flirt 3 Suwex" instead of "Stadler Flirt 3 Suwex".

For the cabview using the wrong textures @ES64F4 - try this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfe6…ex%20cabview.GeoPcDx?dl=0
    It should now ONLY be using the Suwex textures instead of Suwex, NS (and RNET - oops!)

• Chris, would you even consider updating the installer to include an option to install only some of the versions in the pack? Many people here (me included) are actually interested in the German unit only and it would be great if you don't have to delete the NL units manually from the Assets folder.

• You don't really need to delete them if you're not using them - unless you're short on disk space. They'll never get loaded. At least - not with the cab fix :D

• As a matter of fact I am short on disk space on my Railworks SSD ;)

But even if it wasn't the case - given the number of add-ons I have I always try to get rid of things that have a low chance of being used.

But if it's too much work to prepare such an installer, just ignore my comment, it's not a big deal anyway.

Can I please ask if you have any idea when the the RS1 could be released? I know it's too early to ask, but given the great quality that I see with the Flirt 3 product I'm really so much looking forward to that one.

• Does anybody know if the Suwex Flirt is compatible with Konstanz-Villingen's PZB? I was running a QD scenario from Villingen and close to Donaueschingen there's a speed warning of 8 where there should be a 1000Hz magnet active, I know that I have to confirm it in vR locos. With Flirt I did not have to wachsam anything.

Any ideas please?

Will definitely try more scenarios on KoVi to see if it reacts to any PZB situations.

• If the route is built correctly the PZB should work (as long as the route is sending the correct PZB trackcodes that I can read with OnConsistMessage)

• Today I was using a PC in my second house that is considerably less powerful than my main one and I discovered an "issue" with the Flirt 3 - it is giving me significantly less FPS in the cab than other locos like vR EL (101 and others) etc. it is roughly 5-10 fps down. I think it probably happens on my main PC as well, but I lock my FPS at 30 so it just never gets below that value there.

Do others observe this too? What could be the reason the Flirt is so demanding (more than vR's EL products)?

• Hello,

thank you for your answer. So you, under the very same conditions (say, quickdrive using the same route and the same place, cab view, looking directly ahead), get the same fps with Flirt as you do with vR EL stock?

I need to see what my main computer will show.