Beiträge von gazz

I am installing railworks to a new computer, and i want to add the routes KBS numbers to the routes names, this is because i use TS_MFD and when i make a timetable i like to put the KBS number in the title to help people choose it when it's uploaded, and also to help me choose the right number in the EBuLa selection of TS_MFD when i drive the route.

Can people who know the routes better than i do confirm, or point out errors in my routes please.

Hamburg S1 KBS101.1

Hamburg - Lubeck KBS104

Hamburg - Hannover KBS110

Berlin - Wittenberg KBS250

Berlin - Leipzig KBS250

Berlin Stadtbahn KBS 200.xx

Koln - Dusselfdorf KBS415

Hagen - Seigen / Ruhr Seig Line KBS440

Koln - Koblenz KBS470

Koblenz - Trier KBS690

Black Forest Journies KBS720 / 721 / 727

Konstanz - Vilingen KBS720

Munich - Rosenheim KBS951

Munich - Garmish KBS960

Munich - Augsberg KBS980

Seebergbahn / Fictional?

Also, that is the list of routes how i see them in my english version of railworks (exept i have changed Cologne to Koln (railworks doesnt like umlauts in route names i change) could someone point out if any routes have the proper German names in their German version of railworks please... e.g. i expect Black Forest Journies is called something like 'Schwartzwald Bahn' in the German version.

i am really loving projekt freiberg,
    A short while ago i bought a DR BR243 loco, now i have the perfect route to run it on (nice that there are some scenarios for it already)

i can't believe that a while back i was a little dissapointed that the DB BR112.1 only did 160kph... i was so used to whizzing along routes at max speed with AFB and LZB on,

But the much lower speeds of the old DDR routes is opening my eyes, i have time to take in the scenery and enjoy it now, and the low speed feels just right.

Brilliant, thankyou, i have just finished getting all items for projekt freiberg, it looks absolutely amazing,

I am looking for DDR cars now to replace the standard kuju ones... seeing lots of uk police cars driving around the DDR is a little comical *denk*

it's the 1980's to 1990's era i am interested in most i guess,

I recently discovered the S-bahn Rostock route, and i am loving it,

i know it is strange for an english man to have an interest in the old DDR... but when i was aged 12 i lived in germany...(well... i had been living in Germany since i was age 5.. father was in the RAF)... but when i was 12 that was 1989... and i remember well the announcement what the wall was coming down, unfortunately we left germany in febuary 1990, i returned for holidays when i had a motorhome in 2005, and loved towns like Efrurt... and of course Berlin where i followed the wall line and visited museums.. like the rund ecke, and read books like "stasiland"

I guess i have a bit of Ostalgie in me, it might have been different if i had lived in the DDR i guess.

So i m wondering what other DDR era based routes exist, i seem to find lots of projects that have ended with nothing released, even Rostock is beta from 2015 i believe, and doesnt look to be going further unfortunately,

That's brilliant, thank you very much,

So with the symbols...

The yen symbol is for when the rear of your train is clear of the points that restricted you to a lower speed, and to go back to line speed,

Then i have to vertical oblong boxes... i am not sure if that's missing symbols on my system,

Then there's the telephone symbol... is that for the gsmr radio changing chanel?

A triangle.. and a triangle in ( ) brackets... i've no idea about them.

Sideways T... ¦-- is that for when the hectometer boards change.. i.e say you were on 19.1.. change line and it's now 3.2.

LZB.. is lzb start

¦¦ is for when in a tunnel.

I'm sorry to keep asking things in english, but i was told once before not to try and translate it, people will use their own online translator.

But i am wondering about the symbols used in the ebula when making a fahrplan,

i made one for the Berlin - Wittenberg route, a scenario where it branches off to the airport,

Are there symbols or something i should use to warn that the train will be branching off of a 160kph main line onto an 80kph single line? (other than the speed change?)
    The main line is LZB signaled, but LZB ends when you enter the single 80kph line? what is the 'symbol' to show LZB ends?

Also, in the scenario the train is always held at a danger signal before that branch... for a freight train to come from it, is there something i should use to show that in the ebula?

likewise, if you are running on time, you will be held at another danger signal further on for a passenger train to come from the line on your right infront of you.

And speeds...
    again, in that particular scenario you always get speed limits lower than line speed shown via the signals.. i.e 60 in an 80 zone in the underground part of the route at the airport end,
    do i just show line speed? or is there a way to show that the train will get always restricted to a lower speed by the signals?

Would it be possible to alter how the individual 'lok konfigurator' files are stored? so that you have a central version on the desktop pc that you run train simulator on... and you can set that up using the TS_MFA that runs on windows (as it's a lot easier to select the items with a mouse).... then you can copy that file to all the android tablets you use and have exactly the same file on all the tablets?

As at the moment i run 3 tablets plus my phone, and when i set up a new trains lok konfigurator file... i need to do it 4 times to get it on all the tablets (i do not have my tablets rooted, so i can't seem to do the copy and paste procedures i believe other people are doing)

Also, is it possible to have an option to run the android screens in full screen mode? i use an app that makes them run full screen, but the EBula and technical displays show a grey line at the top where the status bar would be... but the MFA screen runs in full screen fine.

you will definately need to alter the X and Y positions for the mouse.... i put this on my desktop pc running TS2019, i run that in DSR mode, where it upscales the screen to 4k resolution, then back down to 1080p resolution, and the co-ordinates were way off for where the mouse clicked,

i just altered the X position, re-loaded the script and looked where the mouse cursor moved to when i pressed the button to trigger it... and manually altered the position in the autohotkey script untill it landed on the X properly,

EDIT:
    I just noticed that sometimes the text boxes are different sizes.... so i've altered the script to make the mouse click in 2 different positions now... if there's no X there it wont do anything at all.. but if there is, it'll close the window, to make it look easier, i changed the key pressed to 'm' as i believe that does nothing in most trains... but that can be any key you like... a numberpad key might be an idea if no media keys on your keyboard etc.

Just keep adding the 'mouseclick' lines for all positions you want it to left click in (there is probably a better code to do this that recognised the text box and searches for the button its self, but for me this works ok so far)

Code
    m::
     {
       mousegetpos, start_x, start_y
       mouseclick, left,2580, 590, 1, 0
       mouseclick, left,2980, 290, 1, 0
       mousemove, %start_x%, %start_y%, 0
     }
    return

If anyone is interested, i have found a way to do this...

i am using Auto Hot Key and a little script that when a button is pressed (in my case the media key with the X to close windows) it moves the mouse cursor from where ever it is... to the exact place the close X is on the pop up windows in train simulator, clicks the X, then returns the mouse cursor back to it's original position... this happens in a few milliseconds,

The auto hot keys script is:

The top bits for x and y are the position of the close window X box, this is right for me on my screen, it may be different for other screen resolutions though,

The 'sc168::' is the keyboard scan code for my particular media button key... this could be changed to say 'M::' to use the keyboards M key, or any key you want... it will eventually be a joystick button i use for this task.

I hope this is of use to someone else, i know it's not really an issue to move the mouse to click the close button, but i want to get away from using the mouse with my controlers that i drive the trains with.

I want to access the /data/data/com.hansecoders.tsmfd/files folders on my tablets and phone (tablets run android 4.4, and android 5.1, phone runs android 7.0) so i can easilly transfer the loco config files between my devises.

I read way back in the pages of this discussion that :
    "You have to give permission to access the file system in the system settings of the app. Then you can also access the download folder."

How do i do this??

I am new to android tablets, i only bought my first tablets a few weeks ago when i discovered this amazing app.

I use a siatek throttle quadrant to drive the trains in TS, at the moment i use the 'Cobra One' joystick interface to make the joystick work in train simulator... because it allows irregular notched levers mostly.... but TS_Fireman and the TS_Conductor is probably fine too.... i do want my joysticks to work over TCP though, so will probaly switch over to TS_Fireman one day.

However, it is a little 'weird' using the knobs that comes with the throttle quadrant, as they are designed to replicate an aircraft's throttle and fuel trim levers... obviousely.

But for a few euro's and a little time you can make them resemble the levers found in German Trains:

First you need the knob tops... Ebay is where i got mine from... sorry, the link is to ebay UK as i live there :
    M8 Tapered Knob
    But you can probably buy these in those amazing DIY stores you have in Germany... like OBI, Praktika etc (can you tell i miss Germany... UK DIY stores are so small in comparison)

Anyway, you want some knobs that have M8 threads in them, the tapered knob for the 'power' and 'AFB / Dynamic Brake' measures:
    24mm at the top
    18mm at the bottom
    33mm tall

They are used on JCB's, Diggers etc, and i found this size to be just about right for the throttle quadrant... but you could go for larger M10 threaded ones if you wanted... just be aware they might touch when all levers are together.

The round ball knob i had in my junk drawer, but it is about 40mm diamiter, and again ebay sell them, or a DIY store likely has them too.

Then you want some M8 Threaded Inserts these are usually used for screwing into wood.
    And also some M8 threaded bar, or bolts you saw the hexagon head off, to fix the knobs to the threaded inserts.

And lastly, some 15mm plastic pipe... in england it's called 'barrier pipe' or 'Hep2o' or 'PolyPlumb' etc, it's that stuff that's replacing copper pipe in house plumbing, you need about 300mm of it...
    Sorry again, it's a uk ebay link to where i bought mine :
    Plastic Pipe

And finally something to make the pipe black if you want (my pipe was grey, but it's usually white, you may be able to buy black pipe of course.
    You can use black paint, or black vinyl (sticky back plastic / Fablon) or even electrical tape can be used to wrap around the pipe to make it black... or leave it white / grey if you like.

To put this together, cut the plastic pipe into 3 lengths... i chose to make the brake lever the tallest at 130mm, and the AFB / Dynamic brake lever the shortest at 80mm, and the power lever was what was left from the 300mm length of pipe. but make them what ever lengths you want, you are customizing this to suit you.

Then screw the threaded inserts into the pipes on one end... so 3 x pipes, 3 x inserts, and they will look like this:

Screw the threaded bar into the end of the knobs, cut it so there is about 20mm or more sticking out the end, and screw the knob in to the pipe.

NOW this is importiant... you need to squeeze the open / bottom end of the pipe in a vise or similar to make the open end slightly oval... so do this before you put any paint or vinyl on it to avoid marking it:

This is needed to make the new train style levers grip the shafts of the throttle quadrants oblong shaped bare levers, place the new train style lever's over the throttle quadrant's bare lever shafts and twist 90 degrees, that's the reason for making the the pipe oval: it locks the train levers onto the throttle quadrant's shaped shafts.

The AFB / Dynamic brake lever's knob shape.... you may be able to buy knobs with the 'scalloped shape' but i used a round file to put the indents into a standard tapered knob, you can see i didn't do a very good job getting the 8 bits i filed lined up, i will try harder next time :)

I hope this is useful to someone, it's so much better to drive the trains using levers than the keyboard, and not everyone has the space for a replica driving desk, or can afford a raildriver.

I think others have asked this... but how hard is it to make an MFD display image for TS_MFD?

is it a case of drawing multiple images of the display, and having different images placed on the main display for say the PZB lights being on and off... like how they do it in train simulator?,
    i.e. when say PZB_85 is turned from off to on, it loads in the image of the PZB_85 lit, inplace of the PZB_85 off. and so on?

the needles i imagine are like the .ban files in train simulator? animations?

What i'm thinking of, would it be possible to make 'masks' like they have in zusi display for the trains that have MFA's?
    so to make the needles look like 3D needles, and the lights shine through the mask which is a 3D render of an MFA ... like the one in my avitar... that's my 'real' MFA from a BR111 Wittenberger Steuerwagen.

I want to make myself a mini drivers desk before i make the real full size one work with train sim, i plan to use 4 x android tablets for the displays... and would love to have the central MFA one displaying an image that looks like my real MFA.. as i usually drive MFA equiped trains (BR 120, 110 and 111 steuerwagens, 112.1 etc).. but working with your amazing program.

i'd also like, if possible to make a new brake pressure gauge display... so it has the 3 gauges found on most MFA equiped trains, a large main and air pipe pressure gauge, then 2 smaller ones, for cylinder pressures and theother for the equlizer pressure gauge that some vR loco's use...when you over pressurise the main air line to get the brakes to release fully/quicker.

One last request... is it possible to change the 'Tuer LM" entry in lok konfigurator to allow the vR 3 position TAV Status light?... where 0 is the T light on, 1 is flashing and 2 is off, also i notice that your BR155 MFA display the tuer LM dosent seem to work even when given a 0 - 1 input from say the rsc metronome.

Is there an easy way to syncronize the 'lok-konfigurationen' files between my 2 tablets and my phone??

What i mean is:
    i alter a lok config file on one tablet to work with a train i drive, then to get another display on the other tablet, i have to start the lok konfigurator and enter the details in manually again, then do the same on my phone.

I think there is supposed to be something where you send the lok konfig files to the central server to share with others,

But i am playing with vR trains, and some of them have extremely limited outputs making them almost not worthwhile using the MFD with (the vR BR111 has the most outputs i've found) so i don't want to upload files with hardly anything working

i do wish virtual railroads would work with us and tell us how to access the MFD/MFA lights on the trains that use 'nodes' to control them... as vR trains are supposed to be the most realistic... yet they can't be used with this app which makes the experience of driving a train even more realistic.

oh i do wish all the different train makers would agree on a single set of key commands for the various loco's,

Personally i prefer vR style... Shift + 8, 7, 6 for PZB, Sifa and LZB on/off... handy with no numberpad on a laptop,
    B and N for horns, Space for Sifa acknowlage, E & Q for throttle increase and decrease... so they work the same direction as the brake lever buttons... i.e. left hand keys increase the throttle / brake leers, right hand decrease them.

But when you change loco's, it's a pain to re-figure out the keys, pressing space expecting sifa reset and getting a horn blast etc.

I know someone offers modified vR style inputmappers on here, i have been doing that myself to my most commonly driven loco's befor i noticed that thread, tho i have to admit i change almost all my scenarios to be driving the vR versions of the trains as i love the realism of Vr loco's and steuerwagens.

I made a little donation yesterday as i love this app.

Something i discovered, you CAN connect a tablet via USB... !!!
    OK, it's not a pure simple plug and play USB connection, but a wired network connection instead... here's how i got it to work:

Assuming using Windows and an android tablet:

• Connect the tablet to the pc running Train Simulator and TSBridge via a USB cable,
    • Set your tablet to use the "USB Internet" setting, or Tethering it's sometimes called, mine is an old tablet running Android KitKat 4.4.2, so i select 'settings' then 'More' on the 'wireless & networks' and click the 'USB Internet'
    • When you press the 'USB Internet' It asks what version of windows the PC is running, for me i select 'Windows 8' as that's what i run, click next and it tells you what to do on the PC:
    • On the PC, open "Network and Sharing Centre" ~ Right click on your wifi/lan connection icon in the task bar.. botttom right of screen.
    • Click on your normal internet connection... and on the "wifi / Lan status window that opens, click on "Properties" (bottom left button)
    • Click the "Sharing" tab:
    • And click the tick box to "allow other network userrs to connect through this computers internet connection" and click the "OK" box
    • You should now have a new connection shown below your usual WIFI/LAN main internet connection, it's called 'Unidentified Network' (with no internet access) on my computer, that's the tablet connected via USB.
    • Start TSBridge, and in the top right "Server" box, click the dropdown for "Netzwerk" and you should now have 2 possible connections... the usual 'WIFI' one, and a new one with 'Local Connection' and a different ip address.
    • Open TS_MFD on your tablet, and enter the new IP numbers in the 'Network' box on the right of the starting page to match the numbers in TSBridge... for me it's '192.168.137.1' and the same port '47812' as before.
    • Press "START" on TSBridge and TS_MFD, and they should connect... via the USB cable *jippy*

Why do this??? if you have a bad wifi signal or don't use wifi at all, you can now have a direct connection.

i find it runs faster for me than the wifi connection, this may be because my home wifi signal is very bad and i need to use wifi repeaters, which adds latency into the signals... the data sent by TSBridge has to go from my laptop, to the wifi repeater, then to the main wifi box at the other end of the house, then get sent back to the wifi repeater, and to my tablet which is located 10 centimeters to the right of the laptop, That signal takes a few milliseconds or more to travel that distance it seems, hence i get noticeable delay in the TS_MFD responding to changes in train simulator, not to mention the wifi repeater crashes every so often, so i loose the connection totally till it resets it's self.

The only downside is, on my tablet at least, every time i disconnect the USB lead, when i plug it back in i need to select to use the USB Internet connection again, otherwise it defaults to the wifi connection, and i wonder why the TSBridge isnt connecting to TS_MFD.... i'd need to set TS_MFD IP address back to the wifi one if i chose not to use the USB connection.

I am also trying to get it working in WIFI direct mode... this cuts out your home wifi router. but my laptop isnt showing me the WIFI direct setting for some reason... despite the adaptor being wifi direct capable,
    but i much prefer the USB connection, i still have a little lag... most noticeable when the PZB lights are flashing, they are not quite in sync with the trains MFA lights, but that might be because i'm using a laptop (Lenovo Yoga Pro 2, with a little i7-4500U 2.4ghz cpu) to run train simulator, and it's not supposed to run on laptops at all.

I also use "SpaceDesk" to use my tablet as a second display when using windows, again this goes via the wifi connection usually, but i can use it via the USB ethernet connection, and again i get better performance.