Beiträge von jpvdveer

Discord Einladung
Trete unserem Discord-Server bei (klicke hier zum Beitreten).

    Looks like it does!


    One small bug - the speedometer seems to show "11" as "1" . So it counts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. 10, 1, 12, 13 etc. This applies both when accelerating and decelerating, at least in the mph version.




    Many thanks for the new version! Great to see suggestions implemented so quickly.


    Some more suggestions / observations:


    • It would be great if the programme could memorise the last position of the HUD elements - currently I have to drag them to my desired positions every time
    • Good to see the option to reduce the size of the speedometer but even at 0.75 I find it on the large side. I'd suggest lowering the lowest threshold to 0.5
    • One observation that you may not be able to do anything about: if you select the passenger view on trains that do not in fact have a passenger view, you stay in the cabin but do hear the passenger view sounds.


    And one somewhat more important question - has the new skylighting effect been properly tested at dawn/dusk? I just did a test drive which did have a clear imbalance between light conditions in the sky and on the ground (see screenshot below). This is scenario 3b from the TrainTeamBerlin scenario pack no 3 on Mighty Seddin Freight, in summer, at around 21:50.


    Thank you oldsnake !


    I have now also understood that there are separate sounds when a task has completed and, more annoyingly, when a task has failed (eg stop missed). Surely nice for some but for me these sounds are too much arcade-game like, which TS2022 is not. It would be great if there was also an option in the settings to turn these sounds on or off.


    EDIT - am I correct in believing that these are all "notification sounds"? If so, there is already an option to set these to zero.

    I have now also purchased the package and think that this is very promising indeed. Some initial comments:


    • I understand the reason for the RW Enhancer HUD Top Bar, but the black bar at the top of the screen quickly becomes annoying. For the track monitor, the RW Enhancer 2 settings helpfully include the possibility to scale the opacity all the way to zero, rendering the track bar fully transparent. It would be hugely appreciated if a similar, seperate option was added for the HUD Top Bar. With opacity at zero, the top bar would become invisible whilst still remaining functional.
    • Tastes will differ but I find the speedometer far too large & prominent. It is great that it can be moved around - perhaps an option can be added also to make it smaller (or larger)?
    • I first tried a German route and RW Enhancer 2 used speeds in miles per hour. This is not desirable. In TS, I get miles per hour for English routes and kilometers per hour for German, French etc. routes. RW Enhancer should follow this, or provide appropriate options under settings. (Is this tied to the language option by any chance? My TS is set to English but I live in the Netherlands - so linking this option to language would not be appropriate.)
    • There is currently a need to "cook" every time I open RW Enhancer 2. I understand of course the need for cooking upon first launch, but it becomes annoying if the cooking process has to be initiated every time the app is launched (even if subsequent cooks are very fast). If a quick "update" cooking process is needed on every subsequent launch, shouldn't this happen automatically, rather than the user having to initiate this process every single time?
    • Not sure I like the various "ting" sounds when passenger boarding starts and has completed. I disabled "train departure whistle" in the ambient settings but that does not remove the ting - what setting does this fall under?
    • I'm slightly confused by the "train simulator" screen in the settings menu. This appears to offer the possibility to tweak many TS settings (though not, understandably. whilst the game is running). Some people may find this useful, but why are settings such as "scenery quality" and "scenery density" excluded? And there are some settings that are not included in TS itself - what does "software mixing" under audio mean?
    • RW Enhancer 2 frequently believes the game is paused whilst this is not in fact the case. The default 500 ms threshold is probably too low - but it is a good thing that it can be changed.
    • In RW Enhancer Pro, a possibility existed to import shader presets. I did not immediately find this option in RW Enhancer 2. Alternatively, RW Enhancer Pro could incorporate a choice between some useful presets in the settings. Not all users are inclined to tweak and experiment with every individual setting - I certainly am not. I did for example like the "slighty desaturated" preset that could be downloaded from the RWCentral website.
    • In RW Enhancer Pro, an option also existed to disable the enhanced shaders and to revert to default TS shaders. I did not find this possibillity, which seems essential to me, in RW Enhancer 2. There is a button "restore default settings" but this appears to reset the RW Enhancer settings to default, not to completely discard the RW Enhancer enhancements. As a matter of principle, I think it should be possible to use RW Enhancer 2 without using the enhanced shaders at all. Currently, one seems forced to use the enhanced shaders. That will mostly be ok, but inevitably some routes (eg very old ones) will exist where the default TS settings are preferable.


    It is already clear though that this app can strongly be recommended to anyone - the train & ambient sounds alone make the 20 euros a more than worthwhile investment!

    Wenn man einen Fahr-Fehler gemacht hat,z.B. an ein Signalbild nicht bestätigt hat,oder ein scharfer Magnet einen zum Zwangsenhalt führt,kann das Zugfahrzeug in meinem Falle meistens die 060 nach dem Halt nicht mehr in Gange gesetzt werden und weiterfahren,sprich der Leistungshebel hat keine Wirkung mehr.Wie kann man das wieder lösen und das Szenario weiterfahren???

    Bei der 060 - Bremse voll anziehen, dann kann man (meistens) lösen.

    Der Grund ist nicht die Pandemie wenn mann richting lest, sondern Bauarbeiten in den nächsten zwei Jahren:


    Zitat

    Bedauerlicherweise werden die baubedingten Einschränkungen auch perspektivisch nicht weniger. Mit Blick auf die Jahre 2022 und 2023 müssen wir bereits jetzt feststellen, dass auch in den kommenden zwei Jahren aufgrund umfangreicher Bauarbeiten kein durchgängig verlässliches und kundenorientiertes Angebot und damit auch kein wirtschaftlicher Betrieb des IRE Berlin-Hamburg realisierbar ist.

    Personally i would categorize German, Austrian and Swiss routes together.

    Logically speaking yes. But that would result in 80-90% or so of routes (on rail-sim.de) falling into a single category, so the problem would get worse rather than better!


    2; so that roues like Salzburg Rosenheim, Holzkirschen Wörgl, Three Country Corner do not become difficult to place.


    Hence my suggestion for a separate "cross-border" category.

    Ich denke, es wäre auch an der Zeit, über eine tiefere Kategorisierung der Linien nachzudenken. Der Unterschied zwischen Freeware und kommerziellen Routen stammt aus einer Zeit, in der die Anzahl der Routen gering war. Heute gibt es einfach zu viele Routen.


    Wie wäre es mit einer Länderklassifizierung - DE, AT, CH, UK, Grenzüberschreitend, Sonstiges?

    [Google-Translate]


    Quelle: http://www.coha.nl