Beiträge von TrainworX

Abonniere unseren Kanal auf WhatsApp (klicke hier zum abonnieren).

I had a request for a Swiss PTT loc from 'Saurer580' on this forum. I found an original which has '1902' on one side and '2002' on the other. The problem is that I could not find a good picture of the '2002' side so... this one has '1902' on both sides :wacko:

Maybe I will try to create the artwork for the '2002' side later..

For now you can download the reskin here:

Download the .rwp file <HERE>

Please note that you need newS's RE460 loc first for this to run properly.

I would very much like to see my reskinned RE460 in action on your routes! Please share your screenshots *=)*

Ok! Good to hear at least one person likes it! :thumbsup:;)
    Looking at my website stats however it is being downloaded by more people than just you *jippy*

I am currently in contact with Simtrain about possibilities to reskin some of their materials. It looks like it's a nono but maybe I can at least do it for them so they can then add it to one of their add-on packs...

Also I would still like to share my fictional 'Swiss' route using their assets, which they don't allow (Obviously just sharing the route, not the assets). Hopefully we can work out something..

Next to that I am trying to get my head around 3D design. Looked at the Blender discussion and tutorials, seems like a way to go..

Anyway: Now working on my route and looking for a next repaint... Any nice RE460 'Werbeloks' you can think of?

I have just completed another reskin of newS's and Siberian Tiger's RE460. It is the 'Thales' version. Just as my last reskin (Alptransit) I had to work with very bad example pics. I had to resize, recolor and distort the original artwork to make it fit the lok. I still think it's worth the trouble though. If anyone has high res pictures of this lok straight from the side and wants to share those with me I will redo this one too.

Please feel free to download the .rwp file from my website : Download the RE460 'Thales'

Hope you like it :D

The problem sure enough has to do with the fact that my tracks are (too) close next to each other. Also the radii could be an issue but making those wider did not help..

Then I used Prelli's suggestion: splitting the track and welding it close again. That works!!!

How to fix faulty switches (video)

Thank you so much! This saves me a lot of work!

My compliments to the guys who run and use this forum, you really know a lot and always respond very fast to my questions! *klatschen*

Keep up the good work!

I run into something strange.

Suddenly (I didn't notice before???) My lok kept derailling at a switch. I looked at it closely and it was set in the right direction but I saw another issue:

Sometimes it is right on one side (like above) and sometimes both sides are faulty. The problem only seems to occur when joining two tracks that are next to each other.
    I tried all kinds of things to fix this (trackrules/red triangles etc.) but cannot seem to get it right... also I got no red rectangles to warn me about problems.

What is the problem here?

What is really strange is that the train stops at first for the red signal while the other signal is green. So that all seems OK.
    But then after a while it just starts moving through the red signal.

I will follow your advice and play around with some DE signals and maybe even replace the switch.. I'll let you know the result.

Still one other question:

How do I place a CH 3Li 2T 1E signal? I thought it could be used when 2 tracks converge in 1 (1 Exit)? But I have no idea how to place the links...

Or do I need another set of signals for this? ( I tried the 1T signals but they don't seem to stop the train long enough. The waiting train is starting to move too fast so it runs into the back of the train that just passed the switch...

Video

Hi!

I am working on a fictional Swiss route. I use the signals from Simtrain's SBB route.

I understand some of the signals but do not get what the 'grp' signals do, how to place them and why there is an 'e' behind some descriptions and some more signals are unclear to me. ?(

Does anybody know if there is a description or manual about these signals? Or maybe someone can make one?

I hope you can help me out here.

Paul

OK:

I Started with replacing the pieces of track with all the red triangles. It scared me a bit because I wasn't sure I could replace and join the track after I removed it. But: No worries! It worked like a charm with the 'magnet' on.

Then I started to redo all the trackrules by selecting and then putting the same rules on all tracks. TS crashed a LOT during the selection of tracks. So save, do a little bit, save again etc.

Then I retried the switches and... IT WORKED!

I knew there was something special with these red traingles, trackrules and switches but thanks to your help I now totaly get it!

Thanx *klatschen*

Hi,

When testing my route I found that sometimes signals did not work correctly and stayed red although in the scenario editor everything seemed OK. I found out that this issue is caused by faulty switches that seem OK but really are not. They will not be switched in the right direction by the AI engine and sometimes even cannot be switched while in the scenario...

I removed the problemswitches and saw that, when re-installing them, The dreaded red rectangles appeared. I apparently missed that on the original build *shau*

The problem is that I can find no spot on the track (in the same area) that lets me install a 'healthy' switch.. I keep getting red rectangles whatever I try. Something seems wrong with that specific piece of track.
    I checked trackrules,speed etc., that all is normal. I can find nothing strange..

Does anyone recognize the problem? And can it be fixed?

Paul

My 2nd repaint of an RE460. This time with the ‘Alptransit’ livery. I could not find the right highres artwork of this engine so it’s a bit ‘rough’.. Also the sides had a different colortone than the back/front so it needed a lot of tweaking. If anyone can provide high resolution pictures of both sides (German and Italian text) and the front/back please send them to me. I will then redo the work.

Download the RE460 'Alptransit' here!

Thanx again to newS for the groundwork :D

A drive around my fictional Swiss Trainsimulator route. The RE460 is newS’s design. The ‘Tilsiter’ repaint was done by me. The route is now nearly finished. As you can see there are some small things to repair like ‘flying’ objects and signalling issues. Also I need to create some scenario’s. I will make the route available on Rail-Sim.de if Simtrain allows me to… Even then you will still need TS2012/13 and Simtrain’s SBB route1.

See video on Youtube

Or visit my website