Speedrestrictionchanges sometimes not showing in the trackmonitor

• Hello,

On my route I have several speedrestrictions. When I drive the track I can see those coming up on the trackmonitor on the bottom.

The problem is that some are visible and others are not.

I cannot find anything wrong with the ones that don't show but maybe I am overlooking something?

I placed the speedwarningmarkers way in front of the actual speedchange on the track just in the 'new' speed area. This works on most occasions but not all... The speed does show correct under the speedometer..

Have you seen this problem? Are there any special things to keep in mind?

MFG,
    Paul

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"

• When You place a Speed sign at a track, the speedsign shows always the passenger speed oft the track, an then you will see this in a yellow Table in the Monitor.
    The Yellow table shows the speed of Fright Trains if there is a speed difined in the track and the Train is specified as a fright train.
    Additional in both cases you will see the Speed in the round window.
    The speedsigns has to be set in Building Editor to work properly.
    It is possible to change the Speeds for a scenario in the track properties. This will be shown only in the round window. You can set Dummy Signals (here in the Download Langsamfahrsignale) They have no link and there will be no yellow table in the monitor.
    Set a marker and trigger a text table: "Speedrestriktion to 30 km/h ahead." .. "End of Speedrestriktion"
    StS

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

• Ok, thanx for clarifying this StS :)

However it is still unclear to me why the yellow speedmarkers in the monitor sometimes are missing.. I will just try and replace the problematic signs to see if that solves it.

The linkless signs with textprompts are a good idea *dhoch*

Cheers,
    Paul

• I placed the speedwarningmarkers way in front of the actual speedchange on the track just in the 'new' speed area. This works on most occasions but not all... The speed does show correct under the speedometer..

Well it seems that speed signs have a limited link length, beyond that they wont show up in the monitor. A workaround would be to place another speed sign at the actual speedchange point and sink it under ground ^^

• Another solution:
    Try to drive without this boring F3-Monitor.
    Place your signals and signs in such a manner that a player could drive without any surprises and errors (if he is in attention).
    The F3-Monitor will also fail, if signals are restricting the speed so the player hast to be alerted anyway and can't count on the F3-Monitor only.

Egal, wie weit Draußen man die Wahrheit über Bord wirft, irgendwann wird sie irgendwo an Land gespült.

• I agree with you Prelli. I will make it possible to drive without the need for the monitor which is much more realistic anyway :)

It is just that I couldn't understand why it shows irregularly.. I think Holzlaender's tip might work. Than at least users will have the option to use the correct working monitor if they want to.

MFG,
    Paul