REAL DRIVES by Kim Olesen

• REAL DRIVE advanced, Bremerhaven - Bremen. The randomness made this drive more busy than usual. But that is what those are all about. Variation.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Southbound REAL DRIVE for the Tauernbahn v2. In regards what Real Drives do (signal randomisation etc) this is a very interesting route, since you can have 4 random train crossings and regular “train ahead of you” red signals on the part that has two tracks.

REAL DRIVE scenarios are advanced Quick Drives where random generated AI trains in the path of the player train are used to generate random stop signals. Because of the randomnes factor these scenarios are different every time you drive them. Sometimes the possible permutations are in the millions.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

• REAL DRIVE advanced Düsseldorf - Köln.

With the recent vegetation update, this ancient route has got a new lease of life, even if the pzb is rudimentary, the overhead is not that nice and the track elevation is only slight.

With a lot of AI traffic, it really comes alive. And then with random signalling, it even becomes interesting and fun. Watch from 19 minutes in, if you want to see a very busy entrance to Köln. I’ve always felt that the route had potential in respect to what Real Drives are. Lots of random generated AI and random signalling.

And to my BIG surprise the signalling system handles the random generation of red signals in the path of the player train very well.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• REAL DRIVE advanced Köln - Düsseldorf now released.

Despite being an ancient route it has always had potential for what REAL DRIVES is. Random signalling and lots of AI traffic. With the vegetation update from Henry Hoover (link in the README) it has gotten a new lease of life. So sit back and drive through the huge Köln station era, do highspeed driving but be prepared to react fast for stop signals at any place on the route. Thanks to svenko1998 i’ve made some slight corrections between recording this video, and the final release version.

Get the scenarios here (remember to follow the installation instructions):

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

• Considering this is called "Real Drive" you should definitely remove that freight train in the beginning. No freight runs through Köln Hbf, especially not via the S-Bahn tracks. The DMUs on the S-Bahn tracks also make no sense.

• Hauptstadtbahner i did remove it. The video was just an earlier version.

And remember, if you know your way around QD and preloads, you can change AI categories in the spawnpoints, add and remove routes from the preload.bin files etc etc. That is the beauty of it. You can have running in there, what you want to yourself.

But in the end the REAL stands for Random Everchanging Activity Line. Meaning that, as in the real world, you can always be stuck behind a delayed train, and you don’t know where.

But i was wondering about that DMU actually. I didn’t add this route to it’s preload. So it wont be in your drive. I think it was added in the preloads that came with the purchase. There is also a Talent EMU from öbb. I didn’t add that either. It was added in the in the preloads from RSSLO. Took me a while to find the particular preload and remove the route.

So what crops up in the route on my system, is not the same as what appears in yours.

I litterally have hundreds of preloads, so my traffic here is extremely varied. But the preload set that i deliver for my scenarios is more simple. Why: because i don’t want people to hunt for all kinds of repaints etc. So i use what comes with the route, plus the 3dzug verkehrspack. And that will have to do. People who want ultrarealism can put a bit of work into their preloads and do that themselves. In the README i detailed what you need to do if you want to add more traffic.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• It took some time to finalize them but REAL DRIVES for Zürich - Olten are now finally released in the download section.

Here is a virtuelles Führerstand i made of one of them.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

• REAL DRIVES for RSSLO Tauernbahn v2 now released.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

Drive through the impressive Tauern alps on a route where you really get a sense of the heights. Experience random generated train crossings and red lights. Two drives will never be the same as the permutations of where you might be stopped (by a red signal or a train crossing) can reach into the millions. And because this is an advanced quick drive, YOU decide the train you drive, the time of day, the weather and the season.

• The REAL DRIVES for the Salzburg - Schwarzach St Veit route is now available. Here is a video of the southbound drive.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

The railway between Salzburg and the start of the Tauernbahn is one of the most important transalpine railways. Enjoy your drive as you enter or exit the alps. Be alert always as you can encounter random generated stop signals at any point of the route

• REAL DRIVE advanced Wörgl - Saalfelden.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

Szenarie hier erhältlich:

• Hi, Kim_olesen1

I've installed all your REAL DRIVES for the Giselabahn (Saalfelden-Bischofshofen, Salzburg-Schwarzach St, Veit und Wörgl-Saalfelden) but Wörgl-Saalfelden doesn't appear in the Quickdrive, although it is in my content file as you can see:

Do you have a solution for my problem ?

Greetings

Helmut