Problem with dispatcher in Quick Drive

• I am making a Quick Drive for the Gotthardbahn with lots of AI traffic both as Gegenverkehr and in front of the player train (to generate red signals). But the dispatcher has one switch that is wrong and the player train can’t go any further.

My question: Is there any way to take over control of a switch from the dispatcher in a quick drive.

I’ve only ever had that happen in two other routes. HH-Lü northbound. And that was because there is a “hole in the electrification”.
    KÖ-KO northbound. I never found out what the problem was there.

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• is the problem, for example that the switch is straight forward but the train goes right, or is the train changing the track along the route, because the way is "shorter"?

In last case you can put a destination marker to that point where the train have to drive to bypass the dispatchers alternative routing. The markers can be put in the scenario (in every scenario different markers are possible) or put it in the route itself. Then you have it for all scenario.

"Wenn ihr nicht auf meiner Seite steht, dann seid ihr mein Feind!" (Anakin/Vader) - "Nur ein Sith kennt nichts weiter als Extreme" (Kenobi) - Star Wars

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fizzbin ()

• The train changes from the mainline to the tracks where the gegenverkehr comes. This happens dispite having routed the train via the right destinations. The dispatcher simply ignores the route i’ve set for the train. The “via” checkbox is checked.

I’ve illustrated how the dispatcher sets the switches. The player train is routed via the the destination. (It is the Gotthardbahn so the trains are driving in their respective left sides)

• hmmm theoretical it has to be work.
    Have you tried to put the destination to the other track to see what happens? Perhaps the train goes then in correct way, because the switch has builded false however(Some similar I had at a route building).

"Wenn ihr nicht auf meiner Seite steht, dann seid ihr mein Feind!" (Anakin/Vader) - "Nur ein Sith kennt nichts weiter als Extreme" (Kenobi) - Star Wars

• @fizzbin

I’ll experiment with that.
    What solves the problem for now is deleting an Ai train 30km down the route.

The dispatcher code is a fragile thing... I’ve had it happen exactly as this in Kö-Ko. Except there was no solution at all.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• Never set Markers over switches, bevor, after or between both is better!

Not in this case. This was the only way to force the dispatcher to set the switches correctly! If i did it the normal way (see the description of the problem earlier in the thread) the dispatcher simply ignored the route i set.