Modifying draw distance.

• Has any one ever attemptet to make the draw distance higer? (Loading more tiles).

And one more question. Is it pissible to modify the distance in which shadows are generated. Now it is 300m. 500m would look much more realistic.

Yes i know fps will probably suffer.

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

• Longer draw distance for larger objects is possible. Part names of the 3d-object can be up to n_9998_PartName (disappears at 9998m) or n_9999_Partname (never disappears) (n = LOD-Level). You have to set the global marker in the object property flyout to true.

Cheers, Jan

• I think, TS1 starts loading tile in 1.5 km allready. In normal cases I know no need for a higher visibility (if you don't use TS as flight simulation :D ). My objects use a visibilty to 768m, 512m, 384m depending on the size of the object. Berlin TV-Tower has 9999m :)

• Lol it’s really just me that has been getting annoyed by trees popping up. The “suddenly a forest appears” effect.

That and shadows being drawn in front of me while driving. Shadoes draw distance doubled would very much enhance the reality.

I don’t know whether such things are hardcoded in to the ts-core or route based, but i was hoping someone had found a mod. Some ganes has an option for their draw distance in the steam startup settings (like the limitfps setting).

• in fact, there is a distance setting in the graphics options menu, but probably you already have it at max.
    The about 1,5 km tile loading distance is the same as the classic TS distance fog. So, in classic TS, things are more appearing out of the fog than popping up. But nowadays most routes use distance terrain with distant textures. As soon you have distant textures, the distance fog is switched off, so popping up is more noticeable.

• @nobsi Yes i have the distance on max.
    Very good info on the draw.

I always wondered why Mannheim - Karlsruhe had a hazy summer feel that Frankfurt Highspeed didn’t have. That must be the difference you are talking about.

• @Kim_olesen1 that may also depend on the scenarios using different weather settings.
    In fact, Mannheim-Karlsruhe and Frankfurt Highspeed both have distant textures, so they won't show a distance fog by default, when scenarios use "3D" weather (as Quickdrive does). Scenarios can still add fog, when they use their own weather settings.