• Hola a todos tengo el siguiente problema. Mi locomotora las hice con texturas de 4096x4096 pixeles pero a la hora de hacer el normal Map y exportarlo en el blueprint editor me da problemas me sale un error... Como puedo crear un mapa normal a 4096x4096 pixeles y exportarlo sin problemas al simulador

• Einfach mal Google-Übersetzer bemüht:

Code
    Hallo allerseits, ich habe folgendes Problem. Meine Lokomotive wurde mit Texturen von 4096 x 4096 Pixel erstellt, aber beim Erstellen der normalen Karte und beim Exportieren im Blueprint-Editor wird eine Fehlermeldung angezeigt ... Wie kann ich eine normale Karte mit 4096 x 4096 Pixel erstellen und ohne Probleme in den Simulator exportieren?

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

• Grundsätzlich kann der TS gut mit 4K-Texturen umgehen. Allerdings fehlt es hier seitens des Fragestellers an genauerer Beschreibung des Problems. Ich hatte allerdings mal vor einiger Zeit Probleme, in Bleder erstellte Normal-Maps in den TS zu importieren. Evtl. ist das hier das Problem?

Allerdings fehlt auch hier der entsprechende Hinweis auf das verwendete 3D-Programm.

• I did the normal Map in photoshop ... With the option to give relief to the textures ... I use blender .... And it gives me no problem when exporting .. The problem is in the Blueprint-Editor. says the following: Too many mip maps in image ... And then I don't know what to do ... I need your help

• How do you export the textures? Are you using the DDS-Plugin for Photoshop to create dds files, or the RW-ACE-Tool for ace files?

In case you are using the ACE-Tool, make sure that generate Mip Maps is set to none and the file compression is unticked.

There might be a similar procedure for the DDS-Plugin.

in the past I also had issues with NM created in Blender. I ran into error messages all the time. I then simply opened the textures in PS just to save them again. That sort of restructured the file format.

• Well, I use the RW Ace tool to export the normal Map, I use this only to convert the normal one into .. Ace ... I do it in photoshop, exported it in bmp, tga or png format and then I convert it with RW Ace. ... But when I exported the locomotive for the simulator in the Blueprint-Editor it gives me the mip error

Well I solved the problem ... Thank you very much .... But I have another problem, the object comes out with too much reflection .. Everything is reflected, it looks like a mirror but with relief .... How can I adjust the reflection in the texture or in the object?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cribero () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by cribero into this post.

• The value of specular / gloss has to be set in the Alpha channel of the diffuse texture in combination with the UV-Arguments settings of the Blender exporter.

While lighter gray tones creates more glossiness, darker gray tones creates more roughness. There you have to play around a little. And ofcourse it matters which shader you are using. I´m mostly using the TrainBumpSpecEnvMask.fx for metal surfaces.

That´s, what a diffuse texture should look like:

Depending, on which exporter version you are using, the values for the UV-argumtents have to be set either in the ["your-vehicle-model-name"_IGSExpModFile2.txt], or in the materials settings within Blender.

Here I´m mostly using following settings: 32.0, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

For the Blender 2.6x Train Simulator 20xx export it looks like this:

For the Briage-Exporter the setting will be found here:

Note, that those settings must be defined for each material separately.

• Hallo, ich habe da mal eine Frage zu diesem Hell/Dunkel im Alpha-Kanal. Wie geht das? Also ich benutze Gimp, weiß natürlich auch, wie man einen Alphakanal erstellt und kann da auch die Deckkraft hoch und runterregeln. Dadurch wird das Bild allerdings transparent. Anschließend speichere ich die Datei als TGA, konvertiere sie mit RWAcetool (oder so... das Programm mit den bunten Kacheln als Icon) und den Rest macht der Blueprinteditor. Dieser Weg scheint aber total falsch zu sein, denn an der Optik ändert sich gefühlt gar nichts. Wie schaffe ich es denn, im Alphakanal so ein Graustufenbild zu erzeugen?