Update loco / Steuerwagen scripts

Abonniere unseren Kanal auf WhatsApp (klicke hier zum abonnieren).
  • Sorry, another question that is probably not possible to answer easilly,

I like to drive only the vR expert line trains i have, and i'm working through changing the trains in all my scenarios to be the vR ones,
    i only have a few vR trains so far, but plan to add more:

• E03
    • BR103
    • BR110 with BNrbdzf Wittenberger Steurwagen
    • BR111 with Bxf, BDnrzf 740 and BDnrzf 761 dosto steuerwagens
    • BR 120 with BPmbdzf Steuerwagen.

These locos and steuerwagens span quite a few years from them being rendered and programmed, and hence they have slightly different key assignments between them... i am working on changing that by editing the inputmapper files, so things like main switch is Z on all loco's.. and not ctrl - Z as on some.. also some toggle the switch.. so hold the button down too long and it rapidly cycles on and off... i can change that by giving the switch a 'increasecontrolstart' and 'decreasecontrolstart' .... 'increasecontrolstop' and 'decreasecontrolstop' codes.. so Z turns it on, CTRL - Z turns it off.

But more importiantly, they also have different features... i.e. the BR 111 being the most basic.. startup is turn ZWS on if in the steuerwagen, raise pantograph (and they cycle panto's on each press of the panto comand), turn on main switch, drive.

To the BR 120.. where you turn on the battery, turn on ZWS, brake lever in one position, start compressor, select panto, raise panto (with reverser in correct positions) brake lever to different position, then main switch on and your set to go.

Does anyone know if it's possible to update the older loco's to have the newer ones features? i.e. battery, selectable panto's, compressor and so on.

i would happily pay for an update from vR... but i don't think they update them, they work on new ones to release only it seems. so it looks like i will have to try and move/write the relevent features into the older locos... if that is possible.

Again, i apologise for my questions, if i can offer an excuse, i am on the autistic spectrum, and this is my current obscession.. well it has been for many years, just real life keeps getting in the way of playing at driving virtual trains :)

Here is my main project, in storage at the moment...