3CCR - Change Sky Type

• Hi all,

I have a small tip for you for the Three Country Corner Route, sorry if this (or something similar) has already been posted here before.

In short: it consists in using the default kuju sky in 3CCR. Although it may look as a step backwards with those beautiful skies from TTB that 3CCR has, to me the route generally looks better, I get MUCH better viewing distance providing some great views in the Arlberg Pass never seen before (at least not by me) while keeping the blue haze; it also gives you mountain shadow effect, which I've never seen with the 3CCR default skies. It also removes the ugly brown hills/mountains when you set your sky to clear in QD.

Here's how to do it:

Go to the RailWorks folder then Assets\JustTrains\Austriaobjects\ and backup the whole TimeofDay folder somewhere (in case you would like to go back easily). then go to Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\TimeofDay and use the files there to overwrite the files under Assets\JustTrains\Austriaobjects\TimeofDay renaming the EN name to the DE one in the process so that the filenames are kept the same for 3CCR:

Winter - Winter
    Fruehling - Spring
    Summer - Sommer
    Autumn - Herbst

And you're done.

I think it is mainly a matter of personal preference, so some may not like this. I know that I myself will switch to those typical 3CCR skies from time to time - and there's nothing easier - just copy those original files back from the backup.

If you try this - please let me know what you think about the change. I haven't had enough time to test it thoroughly so there may be some issues I haven't noticed.

• I guess that nobody tried it out as everyone has been driving their br132 and 232 since yesterday morning :)

Me too ;)

Anyway, please feel free to write your answers in German and if someone is willing to translate my text above, would be great. I dont want to use google translator here as I have no control over what could come out of it ;)

I'd really love to know what you think about the modification...

• Looks very intersting, I'll try it when I get back home. Think you could include some comparison screenshots too? It could help people decide which sky they like best.

• Hallo

Ich versuche mal zu uebersetzen:

Ich habe einen kleinen Tip fuer die Dreilaendereck Strecke. Sorry falls dies schon mal besprochen wurde.

Zusammenfasend: Es geht darum die Standard- Kuju Himmeltexturen auf der 3CCR zu verwenden. Dies mag zwar nach einem Ruckschritt klingen, aber die Texturen in groesserer Distanz sehen so wesentlich besser aus. Dies bringt vor allem am Arlbergapass grosse Vorteile und laesst ihn wesentlich besser aussehen. Somit werden auch die haesslichen braunen Huegel in der Ferne entfernt die man bekommt wenn man im QD den wolkenlosen Himmel auswaehlt.

Und so geht es:

Zuerst im Railworks folder nach assets/justtrains/Austriaobjects suchen. Dort vom Timeofday Folder ein Backup machen. Dann die TimeofDay Dateien von assets/Kuju/Railsimulator kopieren und jene im Austriaobjects Folder damit ueberschreiben. Die Dateien in diesem Folder muessen dann noch umbenannt werden und zwar in "Sommer, Fruehling, Herbst und Winter"

Fertig!

Das Ganze ist natuerlich eine Geschmackssache und manche moegen die Originaltexturen bevorzugen. Ich wechsle selbst manchmal zwischen den beiden hin und her. Man muss ja nur rueberkopieren.

Falls es wer probiert wuerde ich mich ueber Feedback freuen. Ich habe es selbst probiert und bisher keine Probleme festgestellt.

Das ganze ist nur sinngemaess uebersetzt und nicht Wort fuer Wort.

LG

stefan

• Hallo Stefan,

danke für die Übersetzung. Ich finde diesen Sommerhimmel mit diesem meist zu schnell "wolkendrehenden Planetariumshimmel" nur auf den ersten Blick interessant, mit der Zeit ist er eher eigenartig. Da ich nicht so gerne in Dateien rum mache, lasse ich das aber so wie es ist, falls noch irgendwann ein Update kommt, könnte man ja vielleicht drüber nachdenken wie man das anders machen könnte, JT hat ja auch für seine Chinastrecke und für die Class 60 Adv. ein "Auswahltool" mit dabei....

Gruß

PC-Daten und ein TS Einstellungen siehe Profil