Beiträge von mike1948

Hi
    I spent a weeks holiday at Mittenwald in the 1980's in those days DB did train holidays from the UK,Mittenwald looks very similar in layout as it was then.
    But train services were more interesting,DB local trains from Mittenwald to Munich were 111 and Silberlinge coaches,through trains to Innsbrucke were Eurofima stock loco's changed at Mittenwald,from DB 111 or 120 to OBB 1110 and 1020,OBB Local from Innsbrucke to Mittenwald 1020+
    Schlieren Jaffa coaches,OBB Innsbrucke- Munich were OBB Eurofima Jaffa coaches.

Freight was more interesting being mixed,not block trains again loco's were changed at Mittenwald.

When we went the Train left Cologne about 11.00 and went via Frankfurt Augsburg,arr Munich 18.00 dep for Mittenwald 18.30 after a loco change,this was Red Cream stock

Mike

Hello

I'm new to the forum so please bear with me if I do any thing wrong,

I really got both Munich -Garmisch and Garmisch-Innsbruck route as I spent a Holiday at Mittenwald in the 1980's had a nice 10 days there,we went with DB Railways Tours,train from London to Harwich ferry then train to Mittenwald via Cologne,Frankfurt,Augsburg change trains then Munich,Garmisch Mittenwald. The train went through to Mittenwald,it stopped there over night before leaving at 08.30 following morning.

Trains seen there whilst on holiday,local train from Munich terminated at Mittenwald usual train cl 111 + 8 Blue/Cream Silberlinge stock,through Munich Innsbruck Blue/Cream Main line stock,again Hauled by 111 + 8 Coaches,or OBB 1044 Austrian UIC Jaffa stock,Innsbruck-Mittenwald local 1044 + 6 OEBB_Schlieren,other loco's class 120 or 103 the 18.30 through train was hauled by one of these,the coaches were 7 Red/Cream consisting of 1 first class 1Avmz 1st/2nd AB 1 WR restaurant car and 4 Bpm 2 second class one had a van compartment

Freight trains were mixed stock hauled by either 218 or 110.

I think most of these trains could modeled in scenario's using just DTG stock,and or Vr,3Dzug,TTB,foopixtrains and GBE for the 110's,it might give some one ideas for making some back dated scenario's,I would have a try but since having a stroke I have difficulty doing things like scenario's

Thanks for any help and advice you give me

Mike