ES64U2 'Taurus' HKX Dispolok repaint available for download..

• Thank you! Thank you!
    I agree, I also noticed that.. I will change it and share an update :)
    Any other things that need tweaking?

Great!

Actually I found yet another bug: if you press "b" or "n" for high or low tone horn or use the switch directly in the cab using mouse, the switch does not return to the center position and therefore the horn does not stop sounding after you release the key, you must return it to neutral manually. I first thought it was a problem with the Taurus overall after the TS2014 update, but I just tested it in a free roam scenario: all reskins are OK including the WLB 3-panto one that you use as a base, but both MRCE repaints have this issue. You must use the latest HRQ Taurus update where the new horn system was implemented to see it.

Probably the problem may be that you did not create the reskins with the latest version of the Taurus package...?

• Hmm... I just copy the geopcdx file over from the WLB folder at the users end so this is really weird... Let me look into this too..

I know the file is copied by user after the installation; however I remember that when the geopcdx file was changed once (back in 2012), many reskins started to show strange behaviour, like the headlight switches inside the cab did not do what they were supposed to do etc. So although I have no idea about reskinning and why it is so it seems that it is important to create the reskin while having the latest geopcdx file...

You could also consider using the reskin blueprint way as suggested by HRQ blog in June (please check their article on this there). From what I understood if one uses the reskin blueprint, your repaint is not impacted by changes to the geopcdx file.

• I will look onto your questions. In theory however my repaint should not impact anything but the outside look of the Taurus. TS uses every other thing directly from the WLB lok in this case. So I cannot really imagine my repaint has anything to do with other stuff.

If you have the new sounds installed they work on the MRCE's too. I could incorporate them into my .rwp file but I have to aks the author of the sounds first.

As for the blueprint editor option: I tried that but could not make it work...

But I will look onto all these thing this weekend. Certainly I will fix the 'white' handleholds'

Thanx for your feedback :)

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"

• Hi,

I also realise it is illogical as your blueprint is only about the exterior. But try it out yourself - upgrade to the latest Taurus release and then try pressing b or n, the horn gets stuck. With WLB repaint no such thing happens. And when I think about it, it does make certain sense because before the latest update in mid September the horn was using a switch that did not return to neutral when used. So it is like your repaint shows pre-update behaviour...

As for adding any sounds..what sounds do you have in mind? Sounds are part of the main package, why should any sound be included in a reskin?

Thank you very much for all your efforts!

• I see... regarding that horn issue...perhaps if you are unable to troubleshoot it successfully, we could try to ask HRQ for help. It is of course not their problem at all, but they are generally very kind and helpful...

• Thanx! I have already changed the white handleholds. My Taurus has the 2 position switch for the horntone which works fine. I will upgrade to the new version and start testing tonight. I will release a new pack with all updated MRCE Taurusses and some HKX wagons soon.

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"

• Hello Ouwetrekveer2013,

bedankt voor DDA's herschilderen van HKX Stier. Ziet er geweldig uit ech. Ik kijk uit naar de coaches met de HKX herschilderen.

groet
    Peter Schumacher