Entgleisung ohne anleitung, Derailment without cause

• Hi!

I ran into a problem testing my scenario's:

Engine derails always at the same position on a switch. I tried various speeds and even swapped out the whole switch, nothing seems to help and everything seems ok. Also checked trackrules etc.

Video here

Has anyone a clue what this could be? *denk*

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"

• Is the Dispatcher switching the junction underneath your loco?
    Or does it happen in free roam either?

Egal, wie weit Draußen man die Wahrheit über Bord wirft, irgendwann wird sie irgendwo an Land gespült.

• No, the switch is not switched while i'm over it.. I had that problem before.

It does not seem to actualy derail... it just stops and then gives the derailment message...

• I can't find anything wrong with the rails... I looked at all the 'spacebar' views and I can see nothing strange. I removed the switch and built a new one.. same issue. Strangely enough I managed to pass the switch with low speed once or twice... now it seems to have gotten worse because I have derailments every time..

I will try from the other side and in freeroam just to be sure..

• This is really mindbending...

It happens with all loco's with our without wagons. When driving backwards the first wagon derails...

I removed the whole area, re-desiged the track and... problem is not solved! The strangest thing I ever saw in TS.

I will now try to change the trackrules of the area and then change it back again to maybe toggle something back to normal...

I will keep you posted.

• It looks like a not properly build switch in the video. Is there a red square shown in the Editor? Or ends the blue line at the switch in the 2D Plan? Then cut the switch at the basis and weld it new.
    Worst case remove the tracks and the switches, then lay new tracks and build the switch new.
    StS

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

• @ StS:

I tried various speeds and even swapped out the whole switch, nothing seems to help and everything seems ok. Also checked trackrules etc.

I can't find anything wrong with the rails... I looked at all the 'spacebar' views and I can see nothing strange.

I removed the whole area, re-desiged the track and... problem is not solved!

• Ups, Schon mal alles gelesen, aber so nicht ganz verstanden :lolx2:
    Fährt denn eine andere (RSC) Lok über die Stelle?
    War da mal was mit der SBB-Lok, dass die nur im Editor gekuppelt werden kann? Könnte was mit der Collisionsbox nicht passen.
    Ich hab SBB nicht, sonst würde ich da mal schauen.
    StS

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

• Yes, the RE4/4 has coupling issues.. could that cause a derailment?

Testing other loco's is actually a good idea :thumbup: did not try that yet..

Story continues....

• I tried some more stuff..

- Removed all AI traffic - Still derails
    - Other Loco (Christrains NS) - No derailment!
    - Switched back to RE4/4 - No derailment!
    - Added traffic - Still no problem
    - 2 nd test drive - DERAILS AGAIN!!!

I'm going crazy here.. unbelievably hard to understand whats wrong. I started believing that the switch was moving while I'm on it as suggested earlier. But I cannot see it moving and it worked 1 or 2 times...

This seems a bit like the tunneldecal problem. One time it's there, then it's gone, than it's back...

Does any of you reading this own SBB route 1 and wants to try this out? I am starting to think I am overlooking something stupid...

Let me know if you can test this for me. You can download Swiss Fantasyland R1.0 and run scenario 8.

Thanx!
    Paul

• I switched the RE4/4 for NewS's RE460 without changing anything else and that solved the issue. This means that Simtrain's RE4/4 is the problem... Which still leaves me baffled because it does not derail on numerous other switches (even tighter ones).

I am about to give up on pinpointing the exact problem to be honest, I just can 't seem to find a logical reason. At least I now know 2 things about the RE4/4:

1. It has coupling issues (jumping consist when coupling in game)
    2. It sometimes derails without apparent reason

If anyone can think of any other explanation than a faulty engine model please let me know.

Cheers!
    Paul