Move route to developerfolder, is it possible?

• Hi!

I bumped into a problem getting my route ready for distribution;

When I started my fictional route I was not aware of the possibilty (or nescessity) to create developerfolders and a fresh template. I just used Simtrains 'JAW' SBB route as template. So now I have my route 'attached' to Simtrains SBB Route and am missing a seperate developer's folder. (Hope this makes sense ;( )

I already created a new route (SFL) using RW_Tools under my own developers name PMdesign (which I should have done in the beginning) and it shows up in the menu so I know now how to do that.

Question is: Can I move the whole route to a new folder ie. PMdesign/SFL/... with it's own blueprintfiles etc.? It looks very difficult because a lot of things are linked and reffered to in the blueprints...

Has anyone experience with dealing with this problem? Is it at all possible? Or am I now stuck with the situation?

Hope you can help :S

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"

• If you just used the route template, it's not that bad if it stays in your route. Since I would guess with a swiss route you also used lots of assets from the addon, it's a requirement anyways.
    You can just set some interesting options in a template, like the used ground textures, different skydomes and other while important not necessarily required things.

Also: the SimTrain route will not be affected by that if you did not change anything in template itself, so that is safe as well.

It's cool to have an own template with new options in it and it can make your route a bit more unique, but there is more to that than just this. It brings in a few flaws such as you will always see the original route's "jump points" in the editor's map, but other than that nothing (in my opinion) what would put your release as risk.

• Ok, that sounds like good news :rolleyes: !

I was under the impression that it was bad programming without my own developerfolder.

But it's OK then! I will proceed *tuftuf*

Thank you for your reply Zaunpfahl

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"