Switch placement / Weichen Plazieren

• I run into something strange.

Suddenly (I didn't notice before???) My lok kept derailling at a switch. I looked at it closely and it was set in the right direction but I saw another issue:

Sometimes it is right on one side (like above) and sometimes both sides are faulty. The problem only seems to occur when joining two tracks that are next to each other.
    I tried all kinds of things to fix this (trackrules/red triangles etc.) but cannot seem to get it right... also I got no red rectangles to warn me about problems.

What is the problem here?

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"

• Well there are very close together in the middle, meaning no small "baffer section" in between. The lower junction is wrong and I get this often using the automatic "switching" in parallel sections. Simply remove the lower connection (or one of boths) and build it new (try to join it from up -or downstream and change the junction direction left/rigth, it is often a play and junction construction is not a business of minutes...

• The problem sure enough has to do with the fact that my tracks are (too) close next to each other. Also the radii could be an issue but making those wider did not help..

Then I used Prelli's suggestion: splitting the track and welding it close again. That works!!!

How to fix faulty switches (video)

Thank you so much! This saves me a lot of work!

My compliments to the guys who run and use this forum, you really know a lot and always respond very fast to my questions! *klatschen*

Keep up the good work!

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"

• Glad it worked!
    Be welcome :)

This was not my suggestion, instead it was Mike Goltz' one.
    In addition he recommended to split the track between such a pair of junctions two(!) times, not only one, if it's necessary in future to lay signal links between this pair of junctions.
    If you only split once there is no possibility to lay a signal link properly, so he recommended splitting always twice.

Egal, wie weit Draußen man die Wahrheit über Bord wirft, irgendwann wird sie irgendwo an Land gespült.