Problems placing switches - Probleme mit weichen

• Hi,

When testing my route I found that sometimes signals did not work correctly and stayed red although in the scenario editor everything seemed OK. I found out that this issue is caused by faulty switches that seem OK but really are not. They will not be switched in the right direction by the AI engine and sometimes even cannot be switched while in the scenario...

I removed the problemswitches and saw that, when re-installing them, The dreaded red rectangles appeared. I apparently missed that on the original build *shau*

The problem is that I can find no spot on the track (in the same area) that lets me install a 'healthy' switch.. I keep getting red rectangles whatever I try. Something seems wrong with that specific piece of track.
    I checked trackrules,speed etc., that all is normal. I can find nothing strange..

Does anyone recognize the problem? And can it be fixed?

Paul

"It's not about perfection, it's about progress"

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TrainworX ()

• Red triangles between the root of the junction and the "frog" will prevent the TS to create a proper junction.
    If you lay a sideway track in smaller segments starting from the root of the junction, f.e. if you wish to get a straight track before getting to the frog, you will have to lay the track with exactly the same trackrule which you used for the start track.

If you use another trackrule you will get a red triangle and then the junction is broken.

See picture

• Ok, thanx for your help. :)

I will check the trackrules again and stay clear of the red triangles. Is there a way to 'remove' the red triangles? I can't seem to 'weld' the track in order to get rid of them..

• 1st possibility
    You can try to remove the red triangles by deleting the added segment (in the picture the red track) and try to lay the deleted track again with the correct trackrule of the green track.
    or 2nd
    you delete the green track and lay it again with the trackrule of the red track

In both cases you will have to enable the "Snap-to-Track"-tool

Egal, wie weit Draußen man die Wahrheit über Bord wirft, irgendwann wird sie irgendwo an Land gespült.

• I see a red triangle inside the switch.
    The red triangle is a sign that the Track was splittet and welded properly at this position. Only switches dosn't like this inside the switch.--> red Square.
    What you can do; BACKUP!, then cut a longer piece of track out and replace the gap with one part of the track, magnet on--> Snap-to-Track.
    Then you can restart to lay a new switch with the same trackrule as the basic track.
    Good look
    StS

Keine Hilfe und Auskunft per PN, da meist von allgemeinem Interesse. Diese Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

• I forgot to mention that you will have to use the same track types (not trackrule) in a junction for both tracks: straight and diverging.
    You can't merge a rusty track type with a polished one or different types of gravel for example inside a junction.
    This applies as well for double switches, crossovers, 3-way-switches and so on.

Egal, wie weit Draußen man die Wahrheit über Bord wirft, irgendwann wird sie irgendwo an Land gespült.

• OK:

I Started with replacing the pieces of track with all the red triangles. It scared me a bit because I wasn't sure I could replace and join the track after I removed it. But: No worries! It worked like a charm with the 'magnet' on.

Then I started to redo all the trackrules by selecting and then putting the same rules on all tracks. TS crashed a LOT during the selection of tracks. So save, do a little bit, save again etc.

Then I retried the switches and... IT WORKED!

I knew there was something special with these red traingles, trackrules and switches but thanks to your help I now totaly get it!

Thanx *klatschen*