Adding more notches to VirtualBrake (vR BR101)

• Sorry if this has been asked before but I tried searching the forums, although not speaking German makes it hard to choose the right keywords :D

I recently noticed that Br101 has a similar brake handle to Br185 (and also Br182) where the driver brake handle has more notches than just 4.7, 4.5, 4.2, 4.0, 3.8 bar and MAX.
    Looking at the side of the brake handle the notches should (I think) be:

F, 1A, 1B, 2-7, VB and SB.

I haven't found a specific source for the BR101 but since BR101 was developed by Adtranz that then was bought up by Bombardier my thinking was that they might have similar designs.
    From this document I found the following values for the BR185:

1A: 4.75 bar
    1B: 4.6 bar
    VB: 3.4 bar

I'm not sure how the 2-7 steps are arranged, but perhaps they are simply even steps between 4.6 and 3.4? If so they could look like:
    2: 4.42, 3: 4.25, 4: 4.08, 5: 3.91, 6: 3.74, 7: 3.57

My plan was to edit the locomotive to resemble these figures more closely, mostly for private use but if they turn out to be correct (my assumption might be wrong) I may upload the fix.

I went into RW_Tools and changed the MaxCylinderPressure and PressureForMaxForce 51.06 (1.6x2.2 bar in PSI), FullServicePressureDrop to 23.21 (1.6bar in PSI) and FullServicePressure to 49.31 (3.4bar in PSI) in the simulation .bin-file to get the right pressure values for the brakepipe.

I then went into the locomotive .bin-file and added the 3 extra notches, but here is where I encountered some issues. If I simply duplicate some of the identifier names I can get the modifications to work in TS but the brakepipe gauge gets stuck at 5bar.
    One other issue is that using the range 0-0.9 for release and fullservice the values for each notch does not seem to be linear and it's impossible to reach the last few notches before VB (like 6 and 7), even 0.89 is far away from 3.57.

1. Is there a way to fix this issue? Perhaps by increasing the range so that min value is 0 and max value is 2 or 4?

2. Can you change the identifiers without having access to the .lua source code scripts or is this a deadend?

3. Can you fix the brake gauge without having access to source code?

4. Does anyone know the real values or perhaps I even misunderstood the document and 4.5,4.2 etc is the correct values?

Adding extra notches to the dynamicbrake did not break the simulation however and I was able to get the "blended brake" to still work.

• Short asnwer here is, to edit the brake behaviour on the vR Locos you need to get into the script or it will not work. Changing the simulation and input handle values is not enough. They are scripted behind. Even when changing the notch count on the e-brake will cause issues because it doesnt fits the script values anymore.

• vR may have access to it, but i dont believe that there will be any changes at all. You can ask Ulf if he would like to change that behaviour, but honestly, how? The whole brake script would need a touch then to give it your desired behaviour. That is work for a week or more. I will do not spend any further time into these vehicles, for sure. Why should i do this? So i'm afraid, but you have to live with what is given in the package.