[RWA] Taurus III (ÖBB 1216)

• Sorry for not writing in German, I am learning on my own but is a bit difficult.

I just want to say that when we got the 1st version of the Taurus 1216 from RWA, after trying out the locomotive, I sent a message to RWA with some feedback. They were nice to reply and to hear me out about it. They're clearly listening to customers feedback which is is great.

Now with the new version a lot of things were improved and that's what I was expecting from RWA. The team is excellent, their work is really good. The locomotive model looks great. As a Czech railfan myself, I am really happy that they worked together with Jachým from the Czech RW community to also include MIREL. Not all developers are as open as RWA.

Currently my only complaint is also the sounds. It was something I wrote to RWA after I tried the 1st version of the locomotive. On the 2nd version the sounds are slightly improved, well, their volume at least. But it clearly needs further work. I'm sure RWA will do their best to work that, though. The quality of their railjet advanced pack really shows they're capable of doing much better. :)

In other words, I say this locomotive pack are worth their price.

• Also bei mir war schon von Anfang an ein leichtes Windgeräusch bei Fensteröffnung zu vernehmen. Etwas vom Motorensound dazu mischen, das alles ein wenig lauter ? Währe das realistisch, an RWA leute oder 1216 Piloten ?? :?:

RalleE

@BRD RWA announced to look for the sounds in further Updates, because of the limitations during corona.

• Also ich wollte mir gerade einen Railjet erstellen weil ja keine Preloads mitgeliefert wurden, die Wagen lassen sich weder mit 1216 noch mit 1116 kuppeln, warum geht das nicht ?

• @ben412 Einfach bei einem Railjet Preload auf "Bearbeiten" klicken, jetzt wird der ganze Verband im Consist Editor geladen. Dann die Lok entfernen, gewünschte 1216 an die Stelle der alten Lok setzen, umbenennen, speichern. Funktioniert 1a.

Wenn die Preloads im Blueprint Editor erstellt wurden, gibt es manchmal Kupplungsprobleme, wenn man einen Verband im Consist Editor erstellen will.

• entweder hast du den falschen Wagen ausgewählt oder du hast die Wagen nicht gedreht!

Nein, genau die von dir aufgezählte Wagenreihung habe ich genommen, die Wagen lassen sich untereinander kuppeln aber die Lok nicht, egal wie rum ich die Wagen drehe.

Edit meint: @DerHood so wie von dir beschrieben geht es, danke. :)

• Can someone please tell me if this 1216 has the same "issue" as the 1116 had that the headlights could not be easily turned on and off by pressing a button (you could lower it, but not tuen it off completely, at elast not using keyboard)? Because having headlights on is so unrealistic (the way it lights things around you in broad daylight) I keep it tuned off and turn it on manually when in tunnels only. This could not be done with the 1116. Is it the same with this loco? Thanks a lot.

• @DerHood Thanks a lot for your answer.But unfortunately that's exactly my point: you can't easily keep the lights completely off and just turn them on when entering a tunnel with a simple keypress. It can be done with all locos except the RWA Railjet's 1116. And this 1216 seems to be the same case.

• I think I explained it above. The headlights are illuminating all objects in front of the loco even during the day with skies clear. Its very unrealistic and annoying. Old TS issue that has no solution...

• Beim jetzigen Update auf die Version 1.1 sind die Lautstärke der Fahrmotoren bzw Umrichter deutlich stärker geworden. Jedenfalls waren diese vor dem Update im Führerstand kaum hörbar.