Steam Sounds Supreme Stainmore route

• Now on pre-order £ 26.55 after 10% pre-order discount. From Facebook;

PREORDER THE STAINMORE ROUTE NOW !!

We are delighted to announce that you can now PREORDER the long-awaited Stainmore, Shap and Eden Valley route for Train Simulator.
    Find out all about this labor of love and how you can pre-order your copy NOW AND SAVE 10% here: https://steamsoundssupreme.com…ore-shap-eden-valley.html
    Please Note: Although the product is now in testing and here available to pre-order, we make no promises about time scales. It will be ready when it's ready.

From the website

More than 100 miles!
    Includes the following lines:

Stainmore line from Barnard Castle to Tebay via Kirkby Stephen East
    Furness line from Kents Bank to Arnside via Grange Over Sands
    Hincaster Branch from Arnside to Hincaster Junction
    WCML from Burton Holme Penrith via Shap
    Eden Valley line from Eden Valley Junction (No. Penrith) to Kirkby Stephen East

A Feast of Steam Traction
    This pack includes two brand new steam locomotives:

Ivatt 4MT 2-6-0 in BR black clean and weathered
    Holden E4 2-4-0 in LNER black and British Railways black
    So included are:

BR Standard 4 2-6-0 in BR black clean and weathered
    BR Standard 4 4-6-0 single chimney in BR black clean & weathered, plus double-chimney in BR green weathered as 75026
    Fowler 4F 0-6-0 (BR black repaint only)
    Stanier Black 5 (BR black repaint only)

Lots of rolling stock
    The route comes with a vast collection of rolling stock. This will enable you to get on with enjoying the route straight 'out of the box'!

LNER Gresley teak set
    LMS P1 coach set
    BR Mk1 set
    3, 5 & 7 plank wagons with loads
    Private owner 7 plank wagons
    16t & 21t Minerals plus other hoppers
    Three types of brake van
    Wide variety of vans
    Conflats with many different loads including cars appropriate to the era
    Milk and fuel tank wagons
    Cattle wagons with loads
    Some low poly wagons for filling up the sidings!

Iconic Structures & Locations
    The Stainmore, Shap and Eden Valley route is full of iconic structures and locations, some foever lost and brought back to life as part of this route. Here are some highlights:

Belah viaduct. At 16 spans and 196ft high. This was one of the highest bridges in the UK. It was demolished in 1963.
    Kirkby Stephen East. The hub of the Stainmore and Eden valley lines.
    Shap. The infamous 1in75 incline(northbound) on WCML
    Grange Over Sands. The unique sands and beautiful gardens
    Stainmore summit. With it's iconic summit board, Stainmore summit is in the middle on knowhere!

Requirements
    To use this route you will need the following:

A Working copy of Train Simulator 2020. The route will work on earlier versions, but the latest is recommended.
    European Assets Pack. Available HERE
    TS Academy. This should be part of the game by default.
    RSDL Foliage Pack. Should be bundled with TS by default. Please check filepath: steamapps \ common \ RailWorks \ Assets \ RSDL \ Foliage01
    AP stations. This is bundled with many pieces of route DLC. Check for this filepath: steamapps \ common \ RailWorks \ Assets \ RSC \ APStation. If not present, we recommend Woodhead as a source.

Holzroller in the land of Haggis and Whisky

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von holzroller ()

• Now on pre-order £ 26.55

Nicht deren Ernst..oder? Gut 30€ für eine Strecke, die mit den ältesten Assets gebaut wurde, die der TS kennt? Die Landschaftsgestaltung sieht auf den Bildern einfach nur zum weglaufen aus.

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8x3.80Ghz, Ram 32GB, GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti, Win11 64bit Pro, 3x500GB SSD Samsung 840 Evo, M2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

• @Amisia Also bitte, das Geld ist alleine für das Rollmaterial gerechtfertigt. Außerdem 160km Strecke im Zustand der 1950er Jahre? Danach würden sich hier viele in Deutschland die Finger lecken. Wie viel soll ein kleines Entwicklerteam denn verlangen? Wie sollen die denn damit sonst Profit schlagen? Ja, die Vegetation ist veraltet, aber in sich farblich stimmig und nicht neon-grell wie mancher Kram aus dem Hause RSSLO oder trübgrau wie dass, was DTG noch auf deren Rügen-Strecke verwendet hat.

• This route has taken over 6 years to build, with many setbacks and problems. There are many, many custom buildings, bridges, vehicles etc, that give high recognition. It is a small team as noted already, they have done a lot, new vegetation would probably mean another year or two before release, although they have updated the route with the VP grass pack alongside the track. I very much doubt that sales will cover the cost of producing this route and the rolling stock provided. If the rolling stock was sold alone it would be at least double the price of the route. Yes it would be nice if more modern vegetation was available, but the old ones have been used in a much better way than on many modern routes. All in all I think to complain about the cost is the territory of Scrooge or the Grinch, you will have all the trains needed to run realistic services on the route from the start with expert style steam loco's, how many other routes provide this? But as they say nobody forces you to buy it.

• This route has taken over 6 years to build

...das sieht man ihr halt leider auch an. Passt eigentlich nicht mehr in die heutige Zeit. Ich habe eine gute Meinung von SSS und einige ihrer Soundpacks, die sehr gut sind. Aber die Bilder der neuen Route animieren mich nicht zum Kauf.

• @ 'kiter' Possibly not, but that is your choice.For me the loco's, rolling stock and new assets do encourage me to buy, because they alone are worth more than the asking price so I will not lose from the purchase. The route is effectively free.

Most of the lines on this route were secondary routes. The rails and sleepers were first laid on ashes, because it was cheap, then many years later clinker ballast was used. More expensive than ashes, but still much cheaper than proper stone ballast. These lines ran through some very bleak remote areas and made little if any profit, and many of the bridges were built weak to save money, so in real life heavy loco's could not be used on many of the lines. Of course in TS this does not matter.

Some pictures of the real line

and a video of the reality of winter on the line, it was notoriously difficult to operate in winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ugIoMD495E

and another in less severe winter days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXObLbUn2gc

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von holzroller ()

• Hm for me personally there is no difference in buying a German DTG route for more money with often crap rolling stock, which very often get reworked by members here (being very thankful for this work), or buying this one for less money with a collection of for sure higher quality stock and also rework this route.
    Overall does not look too bad for me, ok some trees or vegetation might be not the best around. I ordered it right away, also because of the era it is depicting.

• Set your reminders for 8pm(GMT). We will be doing a premiere of Exploring Stainmore, Shap and the Eden Valley part 2 featuring Penrith to Kirkby Stephen East - the Eden Valley line. Locomotive power will be supplied by the included Holden E4 2-4-0 by Caledonia Works.
    Come along to watch and chat. See you there!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?…RG7RdGgfNCDc60bpfMX9KGkcg

• From Facebook;
    We are pleased to tell you that the Stainmore, Shap and Eden Valley route is almost ready to send out to pre-order customers. One of the tasks tackled during the delay has been creating some immersive scenarios. This was very kindly taken on by Robert Macgregor. We thank him for that! Here are some scenes from said scenarios.
    PLEASE NOTE: Pre-order has now ended.

• It's very close if they have stopped pre-orders. They have taken time to fix signalling bugs and other things , and they have had illness stopping work for a while. We also have professional scenarios added so I am looking forward to it.
    Here are the other pictures I couldn't upload in my last post.