• I am considering buying it, because apart from Gotthard and Drei Länder Ecke it is the only other Swiss normal gauge railway. And it has a bit of rolling stock too.

It is ofcourse an old route. But do you still enjoy it?
    How about the zub? Does it work with the re-460 from Rivet-Games?

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• Honestly as far as the Train Simulator has come in the last few years you´ll notice that this route is quite old. I also tried re-driving it within the current Switzerland hype but I didn´t enjoy it. I even uninstalled it again. Regarding to locos, scenery and track quality it isn´t worth the 40(ish) Euro anymore in my opinion.

• Hi Kim, like Moritz I would also argue that the route is not worth the 40 Euros it is sold for. It was a good route to get back in maybe 2013 but not now when we are in 2019 almost 2020 and the technology when it comes to new railway lines under Train Simulator has massively improved. It's an ok route in terms of scenery, the region looks a lot like it does in real life and most of the rolling stock is well designed but unfortunately it's a route that is 7 years old now and hasn't aged well at all. The creators who made the route back in 2012 used a lot of old MSTS assets that they simply converted to TS and it resulted in some ridiculously bad looking assets especially the characters on the platforms and the road vehicles. With that being said, it's a good route to have if you are looking for custom swiss assets and it enables you to use and download the freeware Swiss Fantasyland by Paul Mersel which is excellent but unfortunately also very short (barely 10 km in a loop). Hope this helps :)

EDIT : When it comes to the rolling stock, I haven't yet tried the Gotthard route by Rivet Games but I'm pretty sure the Passenger coaches included with that route as well as every locomotive and EMU made by Trainworx (Paul Mersel) are a lot better in terms of textures, graphic design and physics than passenger wagons and locomotives dating back to the early stages of Railworks in 2012. Unless you are good and like to do route editing, I think you will get bored very quickly with the SBB route 1.