Rola question

• all Rolas disapear north of Kufstein and south of Brenner and Tarvisio !

Please state the point where I said that. Even in my statement i mentioned TWO (2) other parts of austria where they are driving. So where is your issue?!?
    Also i mentioned that I don't know anything about Germany or Switzerland except for some photos of the internet. But why should I even. As an austrian my interests are "at home"

• There are also some RoLa from Wörgl to Trento and from Salzburg to Triest or Villa Opicina (IT).
    In Switzerland Ralpin is also involved in a RoLa service from Basel to Lugano.

• How Many ROLA routes have exist? I have heard about a route from Dresden to praha.

Is there a Reason why there not are a ROLA In Kassel area. Example göttingen to fulda. There are Many trucks that struggle at the Autobahn 7? Over the hill

• How Many ROLA routes have exist? I have heard about a route from Dresden to praha.

Is there a Reason why there not are a ROLA In Kassel area. Example göttingen to fulda. There are Many trucks that struggle at the Autobahn 7? Over the hill

To the Dresden-Praha-Line: As far as I know, there is no RoLa anymore due to a lack of demand and capacity. There are many cargo-trains on this route which is better than RoLa because then you do not carry to much 'dead space' (e.g. the truck, the driver...)

To the Fulda-Göttingen route: I can't see any bigger hills on this route but I haven't heard about a RoLa-Route in this area. Generally, in Germany I do not know any RoLa-routes expect the one from Freiburg (Breisgau) to Navara, mentioned already.

Add.: Maybe the DB AutoZug from Husum to Westerland (Sylt) could be called as a RoLa but this train is also a car-shuttle because of no connecting street from the main land to the island of Sylt.

• Google is your friend ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_highway There was never a RoLa from Fulda, the only two RoLa in Germany today are from Freiburg to Novara & Regensburg to Trient.

Husum - Sylt ist keine RoLa, sondern eine normale Verbindung, da es keine Straßen zum ausweichen gibt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GAST ()