Real Lok Sounds

• Can someone reccomend a site that has real electric locomotive sounds, for German railways only... of course :) i'd love to travel back out to Germany and record my own sounds, but i can't do that for a few years at least.

i am playing with adding sounds to my vR expert line locomotives and train sets, simple things at first...

like i've added a switch click sound when the 'T' button is pressed to open the doors... just so it's not silent doing that action... as there is a switch that clicks for 'TuerF' close doors.

I've also added a click and hiss sound to the 'Brems Loeschen' switch that for some reason is silent even tho the switch operates.... when i learn the sound code better, i want to make the hiss sound as the brakes are released only happen if the brake pipe pressure is below 5 bar.

I'm also wanting to add a sound for when the battery is turned on as you cold stat the locomotives... at the moment you get the vR message system beep and maybe a small hum...

Does anyone have a video or sound recording of a German electric locomotive having it's battery switched on?? i imagine there would be a loud clunk from a large contactor pulling in, some beeps as various systems boot up / initialize and so on. it should be quite an event for the battery to be turned on for the first time of the day i think?

Again, i'd need code so the clunks and that only happen if the actual battery is turned on... and not just from the switch press, as if you press the battery switch with the reverser in the wrong position etc, you get the vR message system telling you somethings wrong, and the battery doesnt turn on.

• I could record some sounds from DB Fernverkehr Locos for you. Just tell me which Class (is that how BR is called in english? idk) you need.

#include <KlassischerGruß>
    Cirno, Techteam der Railomanie, Fachtrainer Tf bei DB Fernverkehr und selbstständig als Technical Designer bei DTG

• Ahh. that's what BR means in front of every German loco "Class" makes sense now, in england the loco's used to all have BR in front of the numbers meaning British Railways :D

i'm enjoying learning the German abbreviations for locomotive related things...

Still can't figure out what the V is for in 'Vist', 'Vsoll' and so on... Speed translates to Geschwindigkeit. i'm thinking along the lines of Velocity?

That's a very kind offer to record sounds,

I am playing with the BR : 112.1, 110, 120, 111, and 103 / E03 locomotives.... most of those are in museums rather than use on main lines i imagine now, i also like the Steuewagens as i have the driving desk from a !BR111 wittenberger steuerwagen! that i will one day get working with the simulator.

I will be buying the vR BR101 IC set sometime, i know they are still in regular use, so maybe that would be a good one?

I know all loco's will have different sounds... but i'm thinking a general cold start sound when the battery is first turned on.

i imagine modern loco's will have computers that boot up and make beeps, where as a classic loco like a 103 or E3 would be purely mechanical noises.

• Still can't figure out what the V is for in 'Vist', 'Vsoll' and so on... Speed translates to Geschwindigkeit. i'm thinking along the lines of Velocity?

Good Morning, Vist means the Speed you have on the moment and Vsoll is the Speed you want to have.

I hope you understand it lol.

• V (normally v) ist the official abbreviation in physics for velocity = speed. Vsoll means the speed you or the LZB tells the AFB zu reach. Vist is the speed your train is moving with right at the moment. Short:

Vsoll: Maximum speed allowed by the train or the track!
    Vist: Your speed right at the moment.

Hope it's easy to understand for you. :)