[Digital Traction] Caledonia Railworks Caledonian Pug released

• Available here £14.99 http://digitaltraction.co.uk/m…ailway-264-611-class-pug/

The Caledonian Railway 264/611 Class were the Caleys standard shunting engines. They were seen all across the CR network. They were designed by Dugald Drummond & built by Neilson & Co in 1885. Later examples were built at St. Rollox Works under John F. McIntosh in 1895, 1900, 1902 & 1908. All the class were absorbed into the LMSR in 1923 and eventually into British Railways, with the last of the class withdrawn in 1962. They were immortalised by Hornby by their “Smokey Joe” OO gauge model. No. 56025 “Smokey Joe” was a real engine and was St. Rollox Shunter and had the name written on the tanks with chalk (this has been replicated in the pack).

• Performance Mode
    • Multiple Camera Views
    • Custom CR & LMSR Lamps
    • Animated inside Stephenson inside valve gear
    • Wheel slip Dynamics
    • New Custom Sounds
    • 27 Liveries
    • Quick drives
    • In-Depth Scenarios
    • Custom CR Cab
    • Automatic Fireman
    • Custom CR Crew (made by Smokebox)
    • Super Pug (Smokey Joe)

Technical

• Power Classification – 0F
    • Build Date – 1885, 1895, 1900, 1902 & 1908
    • Total Built – 34
    • Wheel Arrangement – 0-4-0ST
    • Weight – 27.35 Tons
    • Number of Cylinders – 2
    • Cylinder Size – 14x20in
    • Wheel Size – 3ft 8in
    • Coal Capacity – 2 tons + 6 tons with Pug Tender
    • Water Capacity – 800 Gallons
    • Boiler Pressure – 160 PSI
    • Tractive Effort – 10,601 lbf
    • Designer – Dugald Drummond

Holzroller in the land of Haggis and Whisky

• Excellent little train, I absolutely adore it!

I found some problems with it, namely

1. I have no steam when draining the cylinder cocks. The sound is played but no actual steam is shown.
    2. When shutting off the regulator, the loco starts decelerating quite quickly. That's a behavior I've never seen form another steam loco.
    3. The boiler keeps its pressure way too good. Even under heavy working the pressure seldomly drops more than a few PSI.
    4. Even when not coupled to the "tender", the loco will show nearly 18.000 lbs of coal in the F5-HUD.
    5. When driving backwards, no cylinder pressure will sometimes be shown.

They're replied that 1-3 and 5 look to be errors and are under investigation, 4 is a deliberate design choice because without there would be double the amount of models cluttering your list (one with tender and one without.). Looking forward to an update/fix to these problems. This doesn't mean its not very enjoyable to drive atm.

LG. Schwarzwaldbahner

EiB - Fahrweg; DB InfraGO Südwest, Karlsruhe