[Christrains] NS ICRm Wagons + BR 186 erhältlich!

• Es macht hier doch gar keiner die 186 nieder?!

Und um das Thema für mich abzuschließen: Chris hat sich bewusst entschieden, keine PZB-Fassung zu machen. Das ist sein gutes Recht. Dafür muss es aber nicht überall Applaus geben.

Ich habe die Lok ja sogar trotz dieses „Mangels“ gekauft aber bin bisher keinen Meter damit gefahren, ist nur zum KI-Einsatz.

• Ich habe die Lok ja sogar trotz dieses „Mangels“ gekauft aber bin bisher keinen Meter damit gefahren

Hab bei der auch lange überlegt, mir die zu zulegen. Im letzten Ostersale von ChrisTrains hab ich dann mal zu geschlagen. Allein schon, auch wenn es für die Lok und das Repaintpack zu schade ist, um sie im Ki Verkehr einzusetzen. Auf Strecken wie Mü-Br oder Fr-Ba gehört sie mittlerweile zur Standardausstattung in meinen Szenarien. Selber fahre ich die Lok hin und wieder im QD, wo ich PZB jetzt nicht wirklich brauche. Sollte sie jemals aber damit ausgestattet werden, würde sie bei mir sogar den Vorzug vor der vR 185 bekommen. Wenn man sich einmal an die Auf/Ab Steuerung gewöhnt hat, lässt sie sich wunderbar fahren. Ich hoffe insgeheim echt noch an eine PZB Variante.

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8x3.80Ghz, Ram 32GB, GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti, Win11 64bit Pro, 3x500GB SSD Samsung 840 Evo, M2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

• Fahre sicher 70% oder mehr auf englischen Strecken

Das ist bei mir auch so. ^^

Mein System: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, MSI X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI socket AM5, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB CL30 DDR5-6000 RAM-Kit, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 OC-Grafikkarte, Samsung 2 TB 980 EVO PCIE SSD fur TSC, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIE fur Win11 und Corsair EX100U 2 TB external ssd mit usb-c Gen3.2 fur TSC backup. CORSAIR Hydro X-serie custom watercooling setup.

• The CT Traxx 186 have a nice implementation of ETCS and is well fited to drive on the new Gothard route. Since I find the Riveter Game RE 460 much too simplistic for my taste with a far too basic ETCS, I decided to upgrade the CT Traxx according to my préférences.

The upgrade includes :
    - Dark external windows and cab
    - Internal weathered windshiled
    - Textures that tries to reduce the effect UM in the displays (CT Traxx is hard build for NM UM units)
    - Textures with more international flags/voltages (DE, AT, CH, IT, BE and NL)
    - Full Inputmapper (panto selection, safety train selection, AFB on/off, *vR brakes*)
    - vR cab views
    - Reduced tail light red illumination

The upgrade can not fix :
    - Half power with AFB (but you can switch AFB on/off on fly)
    - Half braking display
    - Wrong voltage for CH on the left MFD
    - Wrong panth for 25 kV Belgium

Not included :
    - Handbrake on by default : edit the engine .bin file, found handbrake and set default value to 1
    - Cold start : defined from the engine number in the DCSV file
    - Default panto : defined from the engine number in the DCSV file
    You can do it yourself according to your wish.

Here is how I use my Traxx 186 Railpool.
    1/ Cold start with 00 in the DSCV file (00_918061861418) or by changing the engine number in a scenario. With 16_918061861418, the engine is started with CH pantograph up (seen manual for more).

2/ Use Shift-B to turn battery ON (after many tries, I can not find a way to turn it off with the inputmapper).
    EDIT : Battery control did not work properly each time with inputmapper. Please use the mouse if it fails.

3/ Press 0 to display safety and voltage selection.
    Use F and Shift-F to cycle voltages (it's a fictive selection but it uses the right panto (except BE), I did not find a better set of countries/voltages)
    Crtl + Shift + I : isolation (no safety)
    Crtl + Shift + A : ATB (I never use this mode)
    Crtl + Shift + E : ETCS (If battery was OFF, ETCS is in SR mode so take care not to go over 40 Km/h)
    Note : Safety changes only work when engin did not move.
    NumPad + Enter : validate selection
    Press 0 to have the km/h and kN display back

4/ Press O for main switch (it will rise pantho)
    Press / to release handbrake (I change the default value in the engine .bin file). In any other way, you don't have to do it.
    Set direction, release brakes.
    If battery was of, ETCS is in SR mode. After 100 m, it will display : Track ahead free ? Press PageDown to confirm (I hate clicking on screen !)

5/ Let's drive !
    ETCS is active and running.
    Shift-A allow to enable/disable AFB any time you want.
    F / Shift-F allow to change pantho on fly
    0 switch the right part on the central MFD any time.
    Ctrl + Shift + H : increase head light (I don't know if it was in the original inputmapper or if I had it)
    Ctrl + H : reduce head light

The vR views... The left MFD is in night mode because I found the day mode too bright for me. It's a texture mod, it's not possible to switch like in vR engine.

There are *bugs* or irrealistics things that I cannot fix because they are hard coded in the script. Editing textures also not fix them...
    I share my work *as is* (not for beginners). I wont spend much more time on fixing this engine. For me, she is fine for Gothard.

https://sharemods.com/wnx9zidi88ip/RailVehicles.7z.html

Extract in a temp location, then copy in the Traxx folder and remplace the original file.

PS : Please keep in mind that these are my personal improvements to make the Traxx 186 a more enjoyable engine on the Goathard. The goal is not to make a *real/universal* Traxx... It's impossible beacuse the orignal is in deep an NL Traxx build to run in dual engine. I spend four days on this job, it's enough. I wont be able to improve more things.

• Thanks for the Update @ES64F4. I tried to test every mentioned update feature but somehow some thungs don't work for me. For example (the worst) the display on the left does not turn dark. I wanted to know witch data exactly would change that (and what else is influenced by that) so i can test this feature in particular.

• The night display for left MFD only works for engine with the NMBS cab. The repaint pack add other cabs like FR and CH. They have their onw folder and their own texture modified by the modder. I'am at office for now, so I cannot check folder structure.

• I can edit the other textures to preserve the other modifications made by DCR and just change the left MDF part. I think there is 4 or 5 textures to edit.

There is also a second possible reason : the graphic settings. I have only rework the HQ texture.

PS : I use a few repaints form the DCR pack (only some RailPool, SNCB/NMBS, SBB, MRCE, Captrain and Lokomotion). I have set the NMBS cab for all of them.

• That would be fine. The black display would be good for every version so you can use it at night. Isn't tgat maybe done if you just overwrite any files from the nmbs version? The screen on the left side is the same in every engine as far as i noticed *blöd*

• The easy solution : paste the class186_cab_displays_nm.TgPcDx from Texture to Cab_CH, Cab_FR, SNCB and SNCF.

The flexible solution : edit the class186_cab_displays_nm.TgPcDx texture and make your own mix... If you have a closer look at the texture, you will see that there are different area to edit to achieve what I made.

The texture class186_cab_displays2_nm.TgPcDx handle the left screen when you enter the AFB menu. It also handle the flags/voltage of the main display when entering the setup...

So to achieve a full custom cab, there are two files to edit in several area. And to do the full job, it should be done for the nm texture (HQ) and the nmc textures (compressed) for all localised Cab.

I have no plan for such updates.

• Ansich ist die Lok ja wirklich toll, das Update von @ES64F4 mit dem dunklen Display links war dann die Kirsche an der Spitze, ein mittelgroßes aber bleibt dennoch. Die Lok beschleunigt wenn die AFB aufgedreht ist wirklich nicht gut. Wenn man zB auf Berlin Leipzig mit einem GZ fährt, beschleunigt die Lok in den steigenden bereichen kaum bis gar nicht, oder wird sogar wieder langsamer. Das sollte bei einem Tandem mit 25 Wagen denke ich nicht so sein....
    Gibt es eventuell eine Möglichkeit das Fahr-/Beschleunigungs-/Bremsverhalten vom Betrieb ohne AFB, sprich aufschalten bis 300kN und nicht gedrosselt werden, auch auf den AFB Betrieb zu übertragen?

Guten Rutsch :D
    -Moritz

• *hi*Guten Morgen,

Ich weiß, dass das Thema über 365 Tage alt ist, aber ich glaube nicht, dass es sich lohnt, ein weiteres für meinen Beitrag zu erstellen.

I managed to make it so that to increase the braking you have to hold down the key or the hanlde (also it will never trigger EB). When you release, the pressure remains constant. By default, you must put on B+ then return with Const. It is like this in reality but not very pleasant in the game. The following lines in bolt are the modifications to be made in the section Indirect Brake.

BTW, this kind of mod also works for DTG's TGV.

Entschuldigung für das Englische, die Übersetzung ins Deutsche scheint überhaupt nicht korrekt zu sein. Dies ist eine einfache Weitergabe meiner Entdeckung ... :)