2D weather for QD

• *hi* Hello,

3D weather are handled by SilverLining and... I dont like them ! I never use them in scenario. Until know, I can't get them off QD. Now, it's done ! I have created or edited all the SL_weather (SL is for SilverLining weather) in Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\Weather. The 7 files from this beta patch will replace 3D SL weather by 7 2D custom dynamic weather. So you will have nice clouds, nice blue sky, and so on. Rain and snow can be... very intensive! Sky color will change, view distance will change, the day can nearly turn into night do to rain or snow. Even more static weathers have variations.

1/ Backup the folder Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\Weather
    2/ Extract the 7 files from Weather.7z and paste them into Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\Weather

Picture from a QD with 2D weather

Note : It's impossible for me to test all weathers in all seasons for each time for each route... I have try all off them in Allgaubahn in summer and winter at 14h. The only bug I found is during snowing : it looks like from time to time the snow stop and restart (or like the weather was shacken). Any feadback is welcome.

LIMITATION : Those weathers work ONLY with my RSSLO and RSC/DTG patchs : http://rail-sim.de/forum/wsif/…egory/147-Bugfix-Patches/ If a route don't use Kuju skies, this mod have no effect. :( I will keep on searching about a solution...

• My pleasure. I'm still testing to improve.

You can use those weather for any scenario. Just select 3D Clear, 3D Rain, 3D Snow, 3D Foggy, 3D Cloudy.

Sorry to paste a so big block of code, but it will be more easy to understand how it works.

19 to 42 : setup for WeatherTypeClear
    43 to 66 : setup for WeatherTypeOvercast
    67 to 90 : setup for WeatherTypeRain
    91 to 114 : Setup for WeatherTypeStorm

Those 4 weathers are kind of *sub-weather*. They can be mixed from one to an other like I did in lines 275 to 360, you just have to set the duration of each sub-weather. You can make snowing in a sub-weather and call it clear. But I think the name cannot be changed and must keep Clear, Overcast, Rain and Strom (not sure)

Within a *sub-weather*, it's possible to set :
    - WindDirection : the direction of the Wind (I dont know the unit, it can be more than 1). It defines the diection of the clouds.
    - WindSpeed : the speed of Wind define the speed of the coulds in the sky
    - PrecipitationType : Rain, snow, sleet, hail : the kind of precipitation. They are defined later un the xm lfile
    - PrecipitationDensity : the density of precipitation from 0 (any) to max 1. Can not be higher than 1 or the game crash
    - PrecipitationSpeed : the speed of the precipitation from 0 (float in the air, 4 is fine for snow) to more than 40 (drop really fast; 30 is fine for heavy shower)
    - FogOverride : etrue or efalse the weather will tak over the ToD fog or not (the define the distance where the land fade to grey or dark)
    - FogColour : in RGB to set the color of the fog
    - FogStart and FogStop : I'm not sure it looks like 1000 and 3000 are fine and it means fog from 1 Km to 3 Km (or perhaps from 3 Km to 2 Km so 3000 - 2000). It's a bit hard to understand. Need more testing... A lot of files uses 500 and 1600 for clear weather and 400 to 800 for dark weather.
    - LightningDensity and LightningFrequency : those value seems no to work. I try a lot of value and never get any Lightning. :(
    - BlendInTime : time to blend the sky from one sub-weather to an other one (0 no transition, can change in *1 second* from clear to overcast with rain).
    - CloudType : the type of cloud defined lower in the XML file

Parameters for a CloudType :
    - WispyLayerAlphaWispyLayerAlpha : alpha chanel for Wispy could, 0 : no visible, 1 : max visible
    - ThickCloudLayerAlpha : the same for bigger clouds
    - StormLayerAlpha : the same for overcast could
    - ColourDarkeningIntensity : light due to cloud : 0 no reduction, 1 max reduction

Paramterd for a precipitation :
    - For now, I did not undersand well of it works. Not easy to check/test.
    - TextureID : is the texture used for the precipitation
    - Some value change the size of the precipitation and/or the direction.

By changing those values, you can do a lot different weather and you can make change over time.