Changing platform character tutorial (for no DTG/RSC route)

• *hi* Hello,

After I send online my patch which change the platform characters on all DTG/RSC routes, I receive some request to do the same for other routes. Unfortunately, the job is a little tricky. DTG/RSC use the same kind of folder structure so it's easy to spot the .bin which handles the characters. And each DTG/RSC route have is own file for Platform characters. For other routes, it can be a file within the route (of course, it's not always the same name and it's not always in the same place) or just calling the .bin file within Kuju, or even both. So get ready to waste time !

*achtung* You need LGV: Marseille - Avignon Route if you want to make it work. This is only for Advanced users, dont cry if you messed up the game because you are not common with TS files. Backup your game first.

1/ The route uses a dedicated file in the route folder : You just have to find the good file ! IE for Konstanz Villingen : Assets\VirtualRailroads\Konstanz-Villingen\Procedural\Bahnsteig\Bahnsteig_Characters.bin. You just have to copy PlatformCharacters.bin from any folder of my patch DTG/RSC German route patch for 3D trees, platforms and sky in a temp location, rename it Bahnsteig_Characters.bin and copy from the temp place to Assets\VirtualRailroads\Konstanz-Villingen\Procedural\Bahnsteig\Bahnsteig_Characters.bin. When it's done, go in the main menu, bluid and edit the Konstanz Villingen route. Click like on the picture :

After clicking the Arrow in bottom left, accept saving change. It's done. The route will use the MGVmed characters.

2/ The route is fully based on Kuju : You have to copy PlatformCharacters.bin from any folder of my patch DTG/RSC German route patch for 3D trees, platforms and sky in a temp location, rename it
    PlatformCharacters 00s.bin. Create a second copy of PlatformCharacters.bin and rename it PlatformCharacters 00s DE.bin. Copy the two files from the temp location to Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\scenery\Procedural. Now, it will not be funny. The change will affect ANY ROUTE using the Kuju based files ! It's not possible to know which route use it but it could be a lot of routes ! You will have to edit ANY route to add DTG LGVMedSouth like explained in case 1. Berlin - Leipzig, Koblenz Trier and 3CCR are using the Kuju based files. But also : Seebergbhan, Hagen - Siegen, etc.

3/ The route use a mixe : Kuju + dedicated file in route folder. It's the case of RSSLO route and 3CCR for people walking around the lake. You will have to find the file and change it. To achieve a full replacement in 3CCR, you have to copy PlatformCharacters.bin from any folder of my patch DTG/RSC German route patch for 3D trees, platforms and sky in a temp location, rename it PlatformCharacters 00s.bin. Create a second copy of PlatformCharacters.bin and rename it PlatformCharacters 00s DE.bin. Copy the two files from the temp location to to Assets\JustTrains\Austriaobjects\Scenery\CHPlatform. You will have to edit the 3CCR route to add DTG LGVMedSouth like explained in case 1.

The KujuBasedRouteNewCharacters.7z attached will do all the job for : Berlin - Leipzig, Koblenz - Trier, 3CCR and Konstanz - Villingen.

KEEP IN MIND : IT WILL CHANGE KUJU FILES SO MANY OF YOUR ROUTES WILL BE AFFECTED. YOU WILL HAVE TO EDIT ANY ROUTE WHERE PLATFORM CHARACTERS HAVE DISAPPEARED (like explained in case 1) afterwhat you will have the new characters.

I don't have other routes, I will not do the job for route I dont own (even if they are freeware).

PS : If you are common with basic XML, you can edit RouteProperties.xml and add DTG with LGVmedSouth as provider (rather then using the game editor).

• @ES64F4 vielen Dank für das Tutorial.

Und natürlich auch Danke für die Zeit und die Arbeit die du bisher in deine Patches investiert hast.

Gruß Jörg

Gruß Jörg!

Das Licht am Ende des Tunnels, könnte auch ein Gegenzug sein *ka*

• Hello, thanks alot for this great tutorial!

But I have a question for RSSLO routes because there are many different characters files in the folder. (Railworks\Assets\RSSLO_Routes\RSSLO\scenery\Characters)

Do I have to edit them? Or is there a way to replace them with the LGV-files?

• *hi* Hallo tankerzone,

I made this tutorial long ago. I always have trouble to do it with RSSLO route. Their folder structure is pure crap.
    It's supposed to work if you replace in the Railworks\Assets\RSSLO_Routes\RSSLO\scenery\Characters.
    But some RSSLO routes use other file locations. Now, I have no more RSSLO route (too many bugs).