FS E464

• Beide Scherenpantos nach oben? Das wäre doch in Deutschland strengstens verboten :D
    Hat das nen besonderen Grund?

Naja die E94 fahren hin und wieder mit zwei oben oder ältere E-Loks haben meisten auch beide gehoben, also so war es früher. Wenn die Oberleitung vereist ist dürfte man doch auch mit zwei fahren(?)

In den Niederlanden fährt der ICE 3 M auch mit zwei gehobenen Stromabnehmern. (wäre irgendwie klar bei 1.5kV, da ist bestimmt halb Amsterdam leer wenn der Anfährt :ugly: )
    In Tschechien und der Slovakei stehen sie auch mit zwei gehobenen und beim Anfahren senken sie einen.

• Java Anwendung ausführen

Ich soll jetzt für eine BLXT Aufgabe auch diese Lok installieren, ich habe auch Java installiert, aber was genau ist diese Java Anwendung, eine Verknüpfung im Startmenüe gibt es für keine Anwendung, kann Installation nicht ausführen. Bitte um Hilfe und schon mal vielen Dank im Voraus. Dateien mit der Endung *.jar sind unter Windows normalerweise gepackte Dateien und werden auch so standardmäßig geöffnet.

• @EberhardG hallo, hier zwei Alternativen:
    1) File mit der rechten Maustaste anklicken > Öffnen mit > Standardprogramm auswählen > Java (TM) Platform SE Binary suchen und auswählen. Jetzt sollte sich das .jar File durch Doppelklick öffnen lassen.
    2) Oder... Windowstaste + R > cmd eingeben > OK klicken. Dann... java -jar C:\Users\Giorgio\Desktop\WG_Installer.jar eingeben > Enter.
    PS: Natürlich C:\Users\Giorgio\Desktop\ gegen deinen Pfad in dem sich WG_Installer.jar befindet auswechseln

• @Worcester vielen Dank für die Auskunft, ich werde das mal ausprobieren.

Tante Edit sagt:

Mit der Variante aus Punkt 1 ging es leider nicht, auch wenn unter "Öffnen mit" die Java Auswahl schon vorhanden ist.

Mit der Variante aus Punkt 2 hat es dann geklappt, ist aber viel umständlicher als es mit einer normal gepackten Datei gewesen wäre, trotzdem nochmal vielen Dank für die Erklärung.

• Hi @Worcester. I love running this loc on the Torino Bardonecchia route. Thanks for this great free loco.

I am having difficulties getting the AFB to work. Probably because the google translation of the manual from Italian to English is not great.

So i hope it is ok for me to ask:
    How do i turn AFB on?
    What key commands are used to control the AFB speed?

Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

• Hello! I am glad you like it. Hope the two answers below help.

1) The AFB can be enabled by using the two levers on the right, i.e. the LCA and LV (to find them clearly, take a look at the image at page 16 of the PDF manual, check label "LCA" and "LV"). The relevant sections in the manual are: "4.2.4 LCA" and "4.2.5 LV". Briefly explained:

• LV lever: used to select the preferred speed which will be displayed on the left screen (as reference, see the label "Monitor - Velocita' impostata" in the image mentioned before). To use the LV, the LCM lever (used to set the desired tractive effort when driving manually w/o AFB) must be set to 0 (kN).
    • LCA lever: used to set the max tractive effort in kN: the loco will manage the tractive and breaking effort automatically under the speed constraint. Note that the automatic breaking is active only if the selected/current speed is 40 km/h or above.

2) The LV lever can be moved via mouse or keys "," and ".". The LCA lever can be moved via mouse or keys "Y", "U".

• @Worcester

Grazie:-) Got it now.

If i need to bring the train to a full stop what would be the correct action?

Set the LCA to 0kn and use the regular train brake?

And one more question? Does the train have SIFA?
    I use ctrl-x to bypass the startup procedure but it does not seem to be on by default.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• 1) Just use the train brake directly. To resume the ride, remember that just setting the brake lever to 0 is not sufficient. The LCA/LCM becomes unusable. As section "4.4 Sfrenatura" of the PDF manual states, you are required to set the currently used lever (LCA or LCM) to 0 kN first. Then, you can move the lever forward to let the loco move, assuming the light "carrello frenato" (see image at page 9 of the PDF, and section "3.3.4 Spia carrello frenato") is unlit, which means that all brakes are off.

2) The Vigilante (SIFA) has two modes: VIG and EVIG. VIG mode implies pressing some pedal/button when the train starts moving and then every 55 seconds. EVIG mode implies pressing some pedal/button only when the train starts moving. What is simulated is the Vigilante in EVIG mode only (with no possibility of changing its mode), so you will have to ack once only, when the train starts moving (beep triggered when reaching 3 km/h). The start-up mode (auto, skip, manual) has no effect on how the Vigilante will behave subsequently.

• Hi Kim, I also read your questions on the Trainsim Italia facebook group, but I don't have an account and I couldn't answer you.
    If it can help you, I'll do it here.
    I state that George's E 464 is perhaps the best Italian rolling stock in circulation for Railworks and the author is working to improve it even more.
    How do you drive the E 464?
    Well, once the locomotive is activated (manually or automatically), the first thing to do is prepare it for traction and then:
    1) set the desired speed through the LV;
    2) Make sure that the LCM is in position 0;
    3) Set the reverser in FORWARD;
    4) Push the LCA, making sure on the reading instrument (dynamometer) not to exceed 100/150 KN of power output, this to avoid slippage of the axes in the starting phase;
    5) The speed variations can be changed according to the line and the signals, always through LV and the locomotive, arranged for automatic running, will provide traction / braking to maintain the set speed.
    As for braking, the Manual of Conduct suggests to the Driver to:
    Bring the LCA to 0 and act on the Oerlikon Automatic brake lever (the one on the bottom left, so to speak) using either electric braking only (up to 30 km / h speed below which pneumatic braking intervenes) or braking more thoroughly, using both electric and pneumatic braking together (you will notice that both the brake pressure gauges and the dynamometer in front of you will show the electric and pneumatic braking values you command).
    Of course what I have written so far, only superficially concerns the driving of the locomotive, as regards the Train Control System (SCMT), simulated on the E 464 in a fairly realistic way, it would be necessary to make a separate speech, as the the appearance of the railway signals and the inputs they send to the SCMT have a great influence on driving.
    Having said that, I understand that everything may seem a little complicated, but this locomotive was made by Giorgio in a truly masterful way and to taste it at its best, I would like to recommend to everyone a correct use and as close as possible to reality.
    In many videos on yt people are seen to drive this locomotive in a very superficial way and not at all close to reality, for example using the LCM for running and braking, a practice not recommended by the locomotive's driving manual because, also for safety reasons, the use of traction in automatic mode is suggested, through the LCA.
    I understand and apologize if I have been long-winded and remain available for any other explanation that may be useful to better enjoy one of the most representative locomotives of the Italian railways.

• @Coda di Lupo

Hi there. Grazie Mille for that very good explanation. I think, combined with what others have writteN that i’ve got much of it. I am also getting better with SMTC. I can mostly go without getting forced braking now. There is a couple of things on the SRC display i don’t know the meaning of yet:
    1: What does the white AC square mean?
    2: What does the yellow RV square mean?

Also i would line to ask if it is right that on downwards gradients steeper than 0.12 the LV can’t hold the speed down even if the LCA is put to full throttle?

Agree, the WG Fs E464 is great and above the quality of much payware and it is much fun to master.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kim_olesen1 ()

• Hi Kim, I am glad I was of assistance.
    Now, the white AC square indicates "Code Absence" that is, it tells you that in that stretch you are traveling, there is no signal repetition (RSC), but this can also occur in some signaling situations that I will explain to you only if and when you want.The yellow RV square mean "Warning of speed reduction at a distance of not less than 900m of speed for a deviated routeat 30, 60km / h "(also called, Code 120).
    As for the set speed, if I remember correctly, George's E 464 has no problems.
    Check carefully that all the settings for the automatic gear that I wrote to you just above, are satisfied.
    Alternatively, you can bring the ACL to 0 and intervene with the brake ... but, again, I don't remember George's E 464 having these problems.
    See you soon.
    Valerio.

• No action is required when the AC code is received.

PS: as stated in the PDF manual, I just want to recall that the simulated RSC system behaves as intended, receiving correct sequences of codes, only on routes equipped with the signalling system "Segnali Italiani v1.0". If this precondition is not satisfied, the RSC system will either always show the AC code or behave unexpectedly, e.g. on the SFM Torino route, receiving unrecognised sequences. In this last situation, the simulated RSC system currently does not trigger the emergency braking. However, the next version of the E464 will do that, adopting a stricter/real behaviour.

• @Worcester

A plea from me. Please don’t make the scripting any stricter. That would mean that i can’t run this on the SFM Torino. That route is the only Italian route that is easy for non italian speaking to install. All other routes require searching around italian language forums for assets.

Make the script more correct, but not so strict that the emergency brakes will set in because of compatibility issues.